Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:12
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Interview with Community member Caesar

Terra    1449

2d3f3cf4df.png

We are back and we currently work on new questions.

This time we used the old questions.

Interviewing a community member is intended as a step towards bringing the community together. The idea is to create a thread where we will interview different community members, old and new.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

@Caesar

~ Tell us something unique about yourself! ~

Spoiler

I have completed a bachelor degree in commerce, majoring in management and business law. I feel that this backing served me well for my time in staff. Having an understanding of how laws are designed and interpreted allowed me to quite often bring up interesting points in discussion regarding the rules. Another interesting point is I am a fairly old member, joining in 2012 and as such I feel that I have quite a lot of historical experience with this community. Additionally I was the longest serving staff member until I believe Terra overtook me.

~ Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why? ~

Spoiler

I am most interested in the "General" forums. I find that it is the best place to find an interesting discussion filled with varied opinions. I have spent countless hours debating the finer points of a great many different topics in this forum.

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? ~

Spoiler

Ironically I wasn't always much of a roleplayer. Back in 2012 hacking was rife within the mod and my friends at the time showed me to a private community. We agreed that the game needed something more than just the PvP grindfest of the base game (as fun as that can be) so we decided to give this community a chance.

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? ~

Spoiler

I have made plenty of great friends, even some enemies turned friends. Listing of them all would be a monumental task and I would be afraid of missing someone unintentionally. The best part of playing in a roleplaying group is making friends with a wide range of people from different parts of the globe. Without DayZRP I sincerely doubt I would have met so many different people.

~ Is there something that you would like to see added to our community? ~

Spoiler

Coming from a legal (academic) background I feel that modelling our systems on actual legal systems is the best way to fairly and effectively enforce the rules.

Also in terms of gameplay I would like to introduce some kind of clan war mechanism. Hostilities are a part of Day Z. This is a good thing too as I feel without them the game would become stale. I feel that creating new ways of interacting with each other will only serve to add more interest to the server.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences? ~

Spoiler

I have two, the first chronologically is playing the game in my old groups (S-GRU and SVR). I had hundreds of hours of fun with my old friends and well got up to all kinds of exciting mischief as we terrified the server. 

Secondly the time I was in staff was just a memorable. Working with such a fine group of people on trying to create a server and contribute to other people's enjoyment was incredibly fulfilling.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? ~

Spoiler

Ignoring the somewhat funny trolling at the beginning. This is perhaps one of my favourite RP moments as it is really the first time I tried to RP something unusual. Please forgive the awkward attempt of portraying a hollywood split personality stereotype, I realise it is quite bad (hopefully hilariously so).

~ Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us? ~

Spoiler

Not exactly the best example of roleplay. But my attempt here was to use the only thing I had to avenge my comrades. It failed horribly as I missed the entire convoy and hit the trees.

~ What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules) ~

Spoiler

Try to play as many different playstyles as possible at least once. I have seen too many people get emotional over other people's preferred playstyle while arguing that it is incorrect or bad. Walk a mile in their shoes if you want a cliche, who knows you might like it.

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who would it be and why? ~

Spoiler

I forget who played this character. Back in the mod days there was a group called the free medics. They were essentially the pinnacle of non violent. So much so that they were rarely robbed and anyone who did rob them wasn't highly regarded. One particular free medic was a cross between a legitimate doctor and a drug user/dealer. Sufficed to say I would like to meet such a man for amusement, although he better stay away from me if I ever become ill.

~ Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out? ~

Spoiler

Recently since I came back I have been a bit of a roamer. My current character is a bit antisocial and as such he isn't particularly pleasant and a such doesn't tend to hang around place where there are lots of people. In the past though I found the best place to hang around was the old trade post near Krasnostav.

~ What do you feel is the best thing about DayZRP and our community? ~

Spoiler

While no game nor community is perfect. I love the fact that this community is made up of people who are actually passionate about what they are playing and who they play with. It seems clear that most of this community are here for the right reason and want to create a fun and enjoyable community.

~ Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) ~

Spoiler

One of the few things I regret is the few occasions where I said something that went too far. This tended to happen in the middle of a disagreement. Occasionally I said things that at the time seemed appropriate and not too harsh but in highsight were poorly worded and justifiable offended some people.

~ Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers? ~

Spoiler

Take it slow, seriously! Don't just expect to be the best roleplayer in a week. Take the time to learn from other players, even join in on the mentorship program. Too many new players decide they would like to be the big kid of the block and make the server suffer for it because they act tough while providing little RP.

~ Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community? ~

Spoiler

World peace? I am only kind of joking, I would like to see a day when people can get into heated arguments and fully debate ideas without someone going too far and intentionally trying to hurt people on the other side of that internet connection.

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

Rolle    2971

Nice interview C, it's awesome to have you around once again :)

Terra    1449
Just now, Rolle said:

Nice interview C, it's awesome to have you around once again :)

I have to say the same! Love that you are back. Love talking to you about the old Staff times.:x

Thanks for filling out the Interview! :x

Mamba    0

Good to see Caesar lurking around. Nice interview , +1

WilliAM    431

I used to love these. Good interview, can't wait to see more in the future.

Stagsview    625

Very nicely written Caesar. Well done :D

Lemons    269

Nice Interview! 

Roach    1659

Good to see you back Ceasar :) And wonderful interview

Jabba    0

Great interview, Caesar. Glad to see these return, especially with this particularly enjoyable read.

Shane    573

Good interview, nice to have them back :D

Oliv    1887

Very nice interview! Nice to have some great insight from some one who has been around the block a few times :)

Castiel    1124

Thanks for taking part, Caesar. Very good interview. ^_^

Volke    131

Was a good read :)