Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:11

Sign in to follow this  

In High School did you game? If not how did you end up gaming?

(I actually was gaming on a arcade my dad build in 3rd grade, Metal Slug, Mario, etc. My dad went to a tec school. He also plays steam at 37 years old with me sometimes)

I have been gaming since I was 8 years old (I played COD 4 when it came out for xbox 360). From then on I knew it was my passion. I then upgraded to a laptop when I was in 7th grade. I played the DayZ mod and Arma 2 on there for the longest time. Had it running until a year a half ago when it went complete shit on me (hence why I have not been gaming in a year and a half). It did not have specs to run games, and did not work anymore. I switched to console and regretted it. I am not about to order parts (seen in my about profile section) to play with you guys!

Started on Atari. played N64, PS1 PS2 PS3, PS4, xbox xbox360 and Xbox1, PC is by far the best. Makes me want to fire up the old N64 at times tho

Played a lot of Rock Band and shit on the Xbox 360. Never got into PC gaming until 4 years ago or so.

Recently, I've seen someone playing Shadow of the Colossus. Looks like a heavy challenge. 

I got the Playstation two when it first came out, and that's how it started for me. Then 3, xbox360, now PC. PC by far is the most enjoyable platform for gaming, but cod 4-5 on console was soooooo good.

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Played a lot of Rock Band and shit on the Xbox 360. Never got into PC gaming until 4 years ago or so.

Recently, I've seen someone playing Shadow of the Colossus. Looks like a heavy challenge. 

Indeed it is.   This game would cause a man to drink heavily in order to conquer it.  

Mexi    1055

I played the shit out my dads Playstation 1 I've actually got a few of the games still in their case under my desk in a box which is nice to look back to, then moved onto Game boy color, Advance, DS, PS2, 360 and bought my first PC about 4-5 years ago and been hooked since.

Very tempting to unpack that PS1 and see if it still works.

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

For real. Shadows of Colossus is a good game. Put a lot of stress on my couch from laying on it and playing.

Had a PS2 at first. Went over to friends and played splitscreen Star Wars Battlefont and many others all the time. when I was around 14 me and all the people in my class got PS3's with COD Modern Warfare 2 and we pretty much played that togheter every night after school. When I was arround 16 I got my first laptop and then me and my friends played Minecraft toghether all the time.

Edited by Squatch

Stradic    266

I grew up with the sega, super Nintendo, gameboy, PS1, PS2, Xbox then Xbox 360 before eventually becoming a pc gamer. All the gaming platforms I had though Halo 3 was easily my favorite game. I clocked so many hours playing that after school.

1 minute ago, Squatch said:

Had a PS2 at first. Went tover to friends and played splitscreen Star Wars Battlefont and many others all the time. when I was around 14 me and all the people in my class got PS3's with COD Modern Warfare 2 and we pretty much played that togheter every night after school. When I was arround 16 I got my first laptop and then me and my friends played Minecraft toghether all the time.

What do you use for DayZ now?

Just now, GodOfInternetLag said:

I think i was about 12 and ended up getting Age of Empires 2 in a cereal box

In a cereal box?

//offtopic mods.   

Hebee    2261

I played a shit ton of World of Warcraft and raided semi professionally (guild- Did it for Whitney) and did arena carries for money in highschool. I stopped when I got my girlfriend because I would skip school all the time to stay home and play WoW all the time, and if I didn't go to school I couldn't see her. Sacrifices were made but it was well worth it.

I got into StarCraft after that and played for a while before finding DayZ right after high school. But even before that in middle school I was playing CS 1.6 / source a lot, scrimmed all the time never cared to enter CEVO or Cal but I was offered to join a few shit teir teams. 

Edited by Hebee

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

//offtopic mods.   

Moved to off-topic. Thanks Grampage. :3

I grew up in the SNES era, and I still stand by my opinion that Super Mario World is one of the best games ever made. :)

We got our first family PC in 1996. Not long after that. I got into Quake and played that far too much for far too long. Moved on to Star Wars: Jedi Knight series after that and played those games in a large gaming community for the best part of 10 years.

Also played a lot of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico in my teens. My friends and I used to sit around the PS2, smoking very low quality weed, and taking turns trying not to get stood on by giants. :D

9 minutes ago, Grim Reaper said:

What do you use for DayZ now?

Well now I use my very expensive gaming rig that i bought last month.

I kinda left out everything after high school but I eventually got a gaming laptop which broke down 2 years later. Then I got a new gaming desktop which also broke after 2 years and now I got my new one which gives me an avarage fps of arround 100 on DayZ

First game I ever played was Return to castle Wolfenstein in 2001 when I was about 5, played it with my dad cause he got it as a bundle along with a graphics card. Some of my favourite games I first played were Half-life 2, C&C Generals and Red alert 2. Loved gaming for most of my life, spent all of highschool with an Xbox 360, got my own desktop about 3/4 years ago cause my laptop was too crap.

I have played Nintendo 64, DS, small games on the family computer, different models of PlayStation and Xbox since I was little. I started with PC gaming when I was 14, DayZ took my attention when in the end of 2014. Bought my first gaming laptop 1,5 years ago. Hoping to invest in something better soon.

Shadows    1020

In highschool I played a lot of DayZ, Europa, Hearts of Iron, and whatever other games are in my steam library

;) 

BigRig    20

I started gaming when i was in the 3rd grade playing Duckhunt, Super Mario Bros, Excite Bike and Contra on my NES, Then I was gifted a N64 when I was about 12 for Xmas, GoldenEye and Perfect Dark consumed alot of my time then, I then bought my first gaming PC with my earnings from a summer job and bought Half life 1. Oh my the mods for Half life back 14-15 yrs ago were amazing.. Natural Selection, Day of Defeat and the legendary Counter Strike that spawned a franchise. It was pretty neat to see CS go from a small time mod to how big CS:GO is now. I also played Battle Field 1942 and all of its expansions in my latter years of high school and college.

King    101

I know I'm gonna be that one sad cunt but I actually started PC gaming on Minecraft as it released when I was like 12/13. 

I think the most influential reason why I started PC gaming rather than console like most of my buddies at the time was probably because I was watching the YogsCasts "shadow of israphel" series which is one of the first serious YouTube gaming series's.

That lead me to go through minecraft, tekkit among more modded stuffs before heading into more extreme survival games e.g. DayZ, ark and rust - stuffs like that :D

I wasn't one for story-based games where I follow somebody else's timeline which is probably my most hated attribute as a gamer. I'll make my own or none at all.

6 minutes ago, King said:

I know I'm gonna be that one sad cunt but I actually started PC gaming on Minecraft as it released when I was like 12/13. 

I think the most influential reason why I started PC gaming rather than console like most of my buddies at the time was probably because I was watching the YogsCasts "shadow of israphel" series which is one of the first serious YouTube gaming series's.

That lead me to go through minecraft, tekkit among more modded stuffs before heading into more extreme survival games e.g. DayZ, ark and rust - stuffs like that :D

I wasn't one for story-based games where I follow somebody else's timeline which is probably my most hated attribute as a gamer. I'll make my own or none at all.

Lol I still play Minecraft sometimes, but not vanilla, either Tekkit or Feed the Beast for me. Yogscast got me into minecraft as well, back when they weren't shit. Shadow of Israphel was awesome.

King    101
31 minutes ago, SomeWeirdAssGuy said:

Lol I still play Minecraft sometimes, but not vanilla, either Tekkit or Feed the Beast for me. Yogscast got me into minecraft as well, back when they weren't shit. Shadow of Israphel was awesome.

Upvote for you, good sir.

Tekkit classic and FTB unleashed/ultimate were my golden days honestly ;)

And its depressing how much the yogscast have become more YouTube scum. Either way, I'll try and dig out some old selfies that I took with the OG members when I cared about them! :P.