Server time: 2017-10-22, 02:59
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
MattScoped

advice?

MattScoped    0

So I got rejected with my app because my back story wasn't good enough that's OK because I saw that coming I've never done RP and wouldn't know how to make a background story like I mentioned so anyone got any advice for me to write up a better story maybe another RP server so I can get a feel to it or anything.

MattScoped    0

so a background story has to be a massive life story really not just 4 sentences but 10 paragraphs??

so a background story has to be a massive life story really not just 4 sentences but 10 paragraphs??

I did a short, 2 or so paragraph one and got rejected.

I did a longer, 6 or so paragraph one and got accepted.

The first one took me, lets say, half an hour to come up with it and write it.

The second, however, took me about 2 hours to come up with and write.

Practice makes perfect, patience is the key.

Remember to post your story in the RP thread to get an opinion on it before submitting, unless you're feeling reckless.

DORNER    0

It has to be good enough to be believable that youre actually said character.

Mine was about 5 short paragraphs. Got accepted first shot.

MattScoped    0

any1 know of any other RP servers then? seems like a real lot of work for a server but ill apply once more untill i get blacklisted lol

DORNER    0

any1 know of any other RP servers then? seems like a real lot of work for a server but ill apply once more untill i get blacklisted lol

You dont get the point then. Thats why theres an application process, which youre proving to be effective haha

MattScoped    0

im impatient what do you expect i would love to play on this server but having to wait 2days for whitelist to open then get rejected you kinda get a feeling of annoyance, id write a massive back story but i dont have 2hours to sit around doing that as i work fulltime i like do to things other then sit at my computer...

DORNER    0

im impatient what do you expect i would love to play on this server but having to wait 2days for whitelist to open then get rejected you kinda get a feeling of annoyance, id write a massive back story but i dont have 2hours to sit around doing that as i work fulltime i like do to things other then sit at my computer...

I feel your pain. What I did was I opened up wordpad and prewrote my application fixing it up as I had new ideas so when the applications opened again I was ready to go.

In the meantime watch this guys series on this mod to pump you up!

MattScoped    0

I have watched that its how i found out about Role-Playing on dayz but this is the only servers with it as far as i know :(

DORNER    0

I have watched that its how i found out about Role-Playing on dayz but this is the only servers with it as far as i know :(

Yeah the only other role playing ones youll fine are the Arma 2 mods such as Takistani Life. Other than that its worth the wait. My application only took 20 mins to write and Im an uneducated retard.

MattScoped    0

the probly i have is im smart with number suck with wording things -.- unless i go hire a writer for a bit to write me a background haha

DORNER    0

the probly i have is im smart with number suck with wording things -.- unless i go hire a writer for a bit to write me a background haha

haha why not? Just tell someone whos good at writing a few things about your character and get them to write it out for you. I bet a little kid would come up with a pretty hilarious backstory.

MattScoped    0

well im may aswell start with a better background story now i should have it finished by next weekend wish me luck haha