Server time: 2017-08-17, 17:42

Sign in to follow this  
Rogério SkyLab

Which resolution?

Question

So I came across this weird bug on a trailer I made for my Series. I recorded the game with a 1600x1200 resolution, and when I rendered it to 1080p, and even to 720p (Yes, I tried rendering with other resolutions), but the actual bad part was that some parts of the video, specially the ones where the character moves, you can clearly notice some pixelation effects.

You can check it by yourself by clicking HERE, since it's best not to fill the question space with too much stuff.

I managed to change the resolution to 1680x1050, that certainly feels better than the previous one. But I still don't know which one to use. For some reason, when I try to put on a 1920x1080, the screen (off-game) turns the brightness level up, and it expands more than my monitor can see, leaving some areas unclickable.

BTW, I'm running Windows 10, and yes, all my drivers are up-to-date.

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

7 answers to this question

I watched the trailer and the character looks a bit stretched, wide. Probably because you forced it to a different resolution with your video editing software. 1600x1200 is not 1080p and not 720p, but I shouldn't worry about that.

What is your native desktop resolution and what software did you use to edit the video?     

10 minutes ago, Misty said:

I watched the trailer and the character looks a bit stretched, wide. Probably because you forced it to a different resolution with your video editing software. 1600x1200 is not 1080p and not 720p, but I shouldn't worry about that.

What is your native desktop resolution and what software did you use to edit the video?     

That's what I'm saying. I used to play this on 1440x900, but now that I got Windows 10 and a GTX 1060, my screen is locked to 4:3, and the maximum I can go, without stretching my screen, is 1680x1050. I have a Samsung Widescreen in the place of a normal computer monitor, and that might be why things just don't fit.

I used Sony Vegas 13 to edit the video.

Maybe you can change the .ini of Dayz to  1680x1050 if there isn't an option for that in the game menu. For the pixelating in your video's, go to render settings, uncheck Variable bit rate if it isn't already and check constant bit rate and set it to 10,000,000. Might work. And just render the video in the resolution you used in your recorded files. If you render in 1080p and your video has a different resolution (it does) it will look stretched and wide, like in the video you linked. So better not change the render resolution. You can also change the bitrate in render settings to 'constant' and disable Adjust source media to better match project or render settings. Do all this and let me know if its still pixelated at some parts.  let me know the result?

Try googling what the native resolution is for your type of Samsung Widescreen monitor and set that for both ingame and your desktop. If its locked or something because of Windows 10 or your GPU, you are probably not the only one with this issue and you'll find on google how to unlock the screen ratio. 

Well, now that I uploaded the video in it's natural resolution, this happened:

Black bars, and I still feel like there's something strange with the video. What do you think? @Misty

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

@Rogério SkyLab I dont see any pixelation so I guess that is fixed, good job!

Check out this video, maybe it helps to solve the black lines and make the video more crispy.  Let me know.

Oliv    1542

The thing is, you are trying to take something recorded in 4:3 and make it 16:9. The only two ways for that to happen is to have things be stretched or black bars place on it, the old letterbox style.

You either need to make sure your game resolution is set to a 16:9 aspect ratio and rerecord what you did, or see if your editing software allows you to zoom it in to get it to a 16:9 aspect and not stretch the hell out of the image. On a larger resolution display, a 1080 for example, you will still see some pixelation doing that method as there just isn't as many pixels to display. In my head this is all making sense, I hope it is when I write it out too.

I mean, I don't know why I can't change the aspect ratio of my screen. It supported 16:9 and 16:10 before I upgraded my PC and my OS, but now it's locked to 4:3. I've searched and searched, and still I have no fix.

I have in mind, that I NEED to record everything again, and that's not a problem. But how can I go back to other Aspect Ratios, if my own computer won't let me? I've searched every-god-damn-where, but still, no fixes were found at all. If someone could provide any fix related to that, I would appreciate it.