Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:20
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Remove ability to comment on perma-banned users profile page

Chris    63

Alright, so I am aware that this will NOT be a popular suggestion.  Also I am not making this in response to any recent banning (though they did help bring this to my attention).

Basic idea being that glorifying perma-banned players has been heavily frowned upon in the past, and even been a point-worthy and/or bannable offense in the past.  But the facebook style wall comments on users profiles become a shrine of those types of comments just after a user is banned.  

I know, losing someone is sad.  I just feel those types of messages should be left on the appropriate "who do you miss" thread, for ease of moderation.

No hate m8s, just an idea.

*edit: To summarize, disable someone's profile wall when they are banned

Edited by Chris

Castiel    1124

I've been doing this manually whenever I've had to ban someone, I did suggest making it automated once an account exceeds 30+ points but it was during the holiday season so maybe Rolle forgot. xD

DickSlide    250

I don't see why not. Pretty good idea. 

ThatRyanGuy    0
3 minutes ago, Cipher said:

How am I supposed to pay my respects to the fallen

Urite

I think we should have a thread dedicated to those who have fallen

Just now, ThatRyanGuy said:

Urite

Who do you miss?

Cipher    0

Urite

you mean this one

Shark    0

Their profiles get deleted after a while anyway. Meh.

ThatRyanGuy    0
5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Who do you miss?

I do not wish to derail this thread (Jake, Brandon Young, Thumper, Earl Calmer to name a few)

Personally, I do not see the issue with posting on perm baned players acounts. If the post is against the rules they will be punished as usual

I do not wish to derail this thread (Jake, Brandon Young, Thumper, Earl Calmer to name a few)

Personally, I do not see the issue with posting on perm baned players acounts. If the post is against the rules they will be punished as usual

lmao

I meant the thread bruh

Vapor    0

I don't care if posts are being made on perm'd accounts. So, meh.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

lmao

I meant the thread bruh

This is gold lol!

Cipher    0
Just now, Vapor said:

I don't care if posts are being made on perm'd accounts. So, meh.

yeah basically this

i mean you can but that'll just spam the who do you miss thread

it's a non issue imo

Chris    63
14 minutes ago, Castiel said:

I've been doing this manually whenever I've had to ban someone, I did suggest making it automated once an account exceeds 30+ points but it was during the holiday season so maybe Rolle forgot. xD

Ah, was wondering why it wasn't automated, nice to know that it could be that easy.  Also encouraged that it is indeed being monitored by staff, as that was my biggest concern.

If its easier than I thought for staff to keep tabs on those wall posts, than my idea may not be needed.  If staff wishes to close this, they can feel free.

Chris    63
11 minutes ago, Cipher said:

yeah basically this

i mean you can but that'll just spam the who do you miss thread

it's a non issue imo

I mean, that whole thread is already spam, but ya know... ;)

Gatorr    0

If someone's friend gets banned and they want to post on their profile they should be able to. Who cares what someone else does. It doesnt affect you or anyone else

Chris    63
12 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

If someone's friend gets banned and they want to post on their profile they should be able to. Who cares what someone else does. It doesnt affect you or anyone else

As  I said in the OP, I don't want  take peoples ability to say goodbye away, I was mostly worried about ability and ease of moderation from the staffs point of view.  And that there is already a thread that serves that purpose.

And what someone writes on someone's wall isn't my buisness, you're right.  But it is staffs business.

Keione    50

The rules state we can't glorify banned people, but we have a thread dedicated to people we miss, which includes banned people. I'm confused what the difference is between someone posting on a thread saying they miss someone and posting on that someone's profile? 

Could care less, not my business and nobody has really complained about it till now. -1

Pinky    128

This rule does go hand in hand with the first rule with farewell threads,

" Notice #1 - Permanently Banned Players. Permanently banned players are not allowed a leaving thread. This includes any other type of thread that may glorify said permanently banned player or otherwise cause conflict around that persons permanent ban. Once a player is permanently banned their right to any kind of normal forum presence is revoked.

Take that into consideration atleast because they are similiar.

Shark    0
3 minutes ago, Keione said:

The rules state we can't glorify banned people, but we have a thread dedicated to people we miss, which includes banned people. I'm confused what the difference is between someone posting on a thread saying they miss someone and posting on that someone's profile? 

Could care less, not my business and nobody has really complained about it till now. -1

I tried to point that out in the past with a thread I made. Got nowhere with it.

Chris    63
3 minutes ago, Keione said:

My concern was moderation, which if was addressed by staff in this thread.  That point has been rendered moot, though, to my satisfaction.  

Staff may close this thread.

Castiel    1124

Very well, closing as requested.