Feedback Please! AntiSaint's Whitelist background story/Character Bio

Is this a good Bio?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good Bio?

• Hail yeah ;D
    • Hail naw D:

AntiSaint    0

Lt. Leon DeGrande

(I actually made a portrait of him with photoshop, spent a good amount of time on it so I hope it helps with his appearance)

LtLeonRogers_zps5ea84cc7.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Leon DeGrande, and I'm a Lieutenant in the ADF. I wanted to be a soldier. I did my job. I did what I was told. I always followed orders. Until the day they gave me an order I couldn't follow. You see, it’s hard to describe how it feels when everything you believe in turns out to be a lie. When the people you trusted let the ones you love die.

None of my commanders were born here. None of them knew the land and the people who lived here. None of them had to sacrifice anything. So they made others sacrifice what was dearest to them. I still cannot believe I was the only one to say no. But I was the only one. I was accused of desertion and treason and for that I was to spend the rest of my life in prison. Simply for helping those I had sworn to protect. Well, now I know who the real enemy is and this fight is not over. I swore an oath and as far as I believe, Leon DeGrande is still a soldier.

As for how I got here, that's another story.

Leon pulls an aging tape recorder out and presses the play button.

July 13th LOCATION: Southern Asia. My name's Lt. Leon DeGrande, and I'm twenty-seven years old. Been in the Australian ADF for six years now. My spec is marksman. That means I handle the high powered rifles and long shots. We're about to ship off over seas for something. I was never exactly briefed with details on the mission. It's frustrating, but taking orders has always been the routine anyway. However, the word is out that it's for some sort of plague or infection of sorts. I hear it's the same plague that hit the remote islands off the Australian coast. Maybe there's some sort of connection? I don't know.

He fast forwards a bit.

We've made an amphibious landing south of Rion bay, and we're preparing to move into the Jungle. What we're doing here is still rather mysterious. Our immediate superiors claim that we are here to supply humanitarian aid, but then why are we so heavily armed? I'm not making this entry in any official manner, but mainly for my family in the event that I don't make it back in one piece. I know there's probably no reason for me to think that I won't make it out of this mission, but something just isn't sitting right with me.

He pops in a new tape.

We've been marching for hours. I'm not even sure where we are anymore -Leaves bristling and heavy breathing- God damnit! This jungle terrain is harsh. -Footsteps approach- "Leon keep going a few hundred meters, then hunker down out of sight and set your scope on that town." Alright, I'm on it.

Leon fast forwards the clip a little.

I probably shouldn't be recording this, but damn protocol hasn't stopped me before. The bloody village is in chaos. I think the rumors of a plague are true, but those who are infected seem to have lost their bloody minds. They're ripping apart everything in sight like rabid animals. They're extremely resilient and seem to feel no pain, there's no way to kill them short of a head shot. Just glad that I'm not down there with them, some of the men are starting to panic. Not that I blame them. -Leaves rustling wildly- HOLY SHIT-(Muffled sounds and frantic screaming) -A few silent moments pass- W-what the fuck... --The clip cuts out--

Leon pulls the current tape out of the recorder and pops a new one in.

They had us abandon the village, and we rushed out immediately without even telling the small group of uninfected left. We abandoned them completely. Jesus. They say the infection is out of control and spreading across the continent. I've got family back on base, but no one will tell me what's fucking happening there!If they're so damn worried about containing the infection, why would they pull us out? They said that WE would be safer. What about them damnit?! They're unarmed and being attacked by superhuman rabid dogs! -The sound of jets can be heard in the distance- You hear that? Is that air support? Great, those villagers were starving to death in there. It makes sense that they'd have to drop supplies since all the major roadways've been blocked. Wait are they bombing the bloody village?! -The sound of Bombs exploding in the distance nearly draining out his maniacal screams- JESUS CHRIST!! What the hell are they doing!?

The recording cuts out for a few seconds, then starts playing a new entry.

Bloody hell, they bombed all the bridges and roads to prevent any civilian movement, and now they're ordering us to kill any villagers who escaped the incendiary bombings. Not just the infected either, EVERYONE. Men, women... children... The men can hardly take it anymore, and I can't blame them. We're supposed to be lending humanitarian aid, not murdering people. I told Colonel Rice that I would not order the men under my command to murder innocent civilians. I told him that this is madness. You know what he said? He said that refusal to follow orders would be gross insubordination, and my men and I would be charged with desertion and arrested as traitors.

The recording cuts out again and plays the final entry

-Leon's voice is filled with complete grief, almost hopelessness- My entire squad is dead. Johnson was shot as we made a run for it, yeah.. we deserted. But you can't blame us! -His voice seems to escalate with anger- THIS IS BULLSHIT. We're soldiers! Not felons. -Sigh- Ron went insane and he wouldn't stop screaming..He was attracting the dead, so joey had to put a bullet in his head. At least they look and smell bloody dead, but how can that be? They came from bloody everywhere and swarmed us, what discipline we had left was completely obliterated and my men broke ranks. They ran right into a mob of them when they panicked. They were ripped apart mercilessly. I've got no tape left, but at this point I think it's time to move further inland to try and find a place that isn't hit by the bloody plague. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to go pretty damn far. --It cuts out--

So, long story short, I was deployed in the core of this shitty infection and made my way here over time. It's been rough, and I think I'm ready to settle down. There's no safe place anymore, so I may as well make my home somewhere secure and wait for all this to blow over. Why not here?

JayJay    0

Great read. Very descriptive, and kept me interested to the end..

Though, I'm left wondering where you/he ended up at the end.. Maybe I'll stop by and have a can of coke with ya sometime. :D

AntiSaint    0

Thanks! Haha sounds good if I get whitelisted! Hoping that I can get a bit of a clan put together eventually. Mainly going to go Lone-wolf probably though.

Sign in to follow this