Jump to content
Server time: 2018-12-10, 11:58
Sign in to follow this  
Castiel

"War Forum"

Would you like this?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

It doesn't propose a new rule:

" we should use these rules as a basis"

It says they should base the idea for the forum off of rules for LiF.

Oh good. I was worried. In that case, I will refuse to participate like the radio chatter forum. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

This is my little addition into the discussion. How about this.

When there is a war declared, there is a section that allows both parties to add stipulations to the war such as;


- When you die, you perma-death
- KOS/Execution Rights
- Certain area's that they can KOS


ect. This imo should clear up a few things that people may have problems with.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bran said:

This is my little addition into the discussion. How about this.

When there is a war declared, there is a section that allows both parties to add stipulations to the war such as;


- When you die, you perma-death
- KOS/Execution Rights
- Certain area's that they can KOS


ect. This imo should clear up a few things that people may have problems with.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

I like this idea tbh. Gives more freedom to the groups at war and how they want it to play out between both parties. Groups who want a more serious and meaningful war could allow permadeath etc.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Bran said:

- Certain area's that they can KOS

Wait so this is no longer an RP server?

Will I get a ban for KoS if I kill someone in the area wearing the same armband as the group I'm at war with when they are not in that group?

 

I'm sorry but this war thing is way too complicated and unnecessary. If my group kills the other group leader do they then disband due to the permadeath or do they then need to force the second in command to take charge and the old leader to go back down to the bottom ranks on a new character?

I'm sure a lot of leaders will start to argue about the group they made going to someone else and will just disband meaning we get a constant supply of groups which in the end leads to groups being so generic they are all basically the same thing. 

Edited by Voodoo

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Voodoo said:

Wait so this is no longer an RP server?

Will I get a ban for KoS if I kill someone in the area wearing the same armband as the group I'm at war with when they are not in that group?

 

I'm sorry but this war thing is way too complicated and unnecessary. If my group kills the other group leader do they then disband due to the permadeath or do they then need to force the second in command to take charge and the old leader to go back down to the bottom ranks on a new character?

I'm just throwing out some idea's to make things more justified. You can add any stipulation you want as both parties would have to agree to it. I was thinking that adding in this option would give both groups some freedom in what they want the outcome of the war to be. Since I saw that a lot of people wasn't happy with KOS being applied into this it would allow it so if one party doesn't want to add KOS then they don't have to

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Wait so this is no longer an RP server?

Will I get a ban for KoS if I kill someone in the area wearing the same armband as the group I'm at war with when they are not in that group?

 

I'm sorry but this war thing is way too complicated and unnecessary. If my group kills the other group leader do they then disband due to the permadeath or do they then need to force the second in command to take charge and the old leader to go back down to the bottom ranks on a new character?

I don't agree with constant KoS rights idea, no matter where. As for the second part, it would be up to the groups. Your victory demands could state that should you win the war, the other group would disband. Could be a variety of things, group disbandment and permanent deaths would be the harshest ones. The old leader would be either permadeathed or "shelved" as injured until the war is concluded.

Share this post


Link to post

If you have it as an option, nobody will agree to do it. Either needs to be enforced or completely dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Castiel said:

Trust me I want permadeath to be implemented more than anything, but there's no way the Admins would agree to it since most people don't want to kill their characters off because they're too attached.

I'd be interested to know what the Admins think of this. @Rolle @Alex @Terra @Jamie @Oliv @Aiko whenever you get a moment. ^_^

There is way the admins would agree to it - I definitely want permadeath rules involving war scenarios/executions.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Alex said:

There is way the admins would agree to it - I definitely want permadeath rules involving war scenarios/executions.

Well I'm glad one of you does. xD what is your opinion on the sub-forum idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Castiel said:

Well I'm glad one of you does. xD what is your opinion on the sub-forum idea?

I think I gave my opinion on the War Forum already, and I don't see any issues with using it. Works for LiF, could work for DayZ.

Share this post


Link to post

Bump.

Share this post


Link to post

completely forgot about this suggestion. Is the OP still relevant to all the suggestions and tweaks that might have been talked about throughout this thread?

Share this post


Link to post

Can't remember if I edited it or not, I'd just like to get your opinion on the concept of it @Oliv, any tweaks and adjustments would of course be subject to Admin decision so.

Share this post


Link to post

I do like the idea, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about this (thread location, etc). I don't like the perma part that was associated in the original idea when Cow posted it, but I like the idea of limiting the length of the war because people die, etc. Got to find a nice balance where that might work with the new NVFL rules since everyone is just wounded now.

That's just some quick thoughts on it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×