Server time: 2017-08-23, 21:35

Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem96

Some changes to rules?

Mayhem96    0

Hello survivors, okey im going straight into the subject it's almost clear to everyone that the server is almost like we're playing not in an apocalypse environment ( you might disagree ) but at least from the interactions of other players I had they seemed like playing some love/sharing game not where you need keep all you need for your life ( this might be due to their characters but still not everyone, right? )
What I'm suggesting to make some changes to make shooting at a player without killing him not RDM but also gives Killing rights to the one getting shot at.
This can be discussed\improved, I'd like to share thoughts with everyone.
Edit:
Maybe in some details it's not the right thing to do and you guys can blame it on me for not thinking it too much, but in general what I meant ( Through watching Thrillers/Zombies movies and series ) it is possible and RP if both parts are doing it right!

Edited by Mayhem96

I am not really understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that if someone doesn't have kill rights but shoots at someone, instead of making it KOS the other people gets KoS?

Eagle    346

Could you provide some examples of how this rule would work?

because atm you have described attempted RDM with rules that are already in place.

So you can shoot close to me, despite not having any rights to do so, and it is up to me if I want to use my gained KOS rights and pick up the fight, giving you KOS rights too, or just run away? Basically giving players the chance to initiate with shots instead of interacting with them?

Need to clarify if this is what you mean before I can give any opinions.

Edited by Sofie

Lol no. -1. Thank you. Have a nice day. No not needed.

KoS rules are the foundation for every other single rule to exist. Without KoS rules the rest of the rulebook kinda falls apart. KoS rules are the foundation for roleplay itself, because it forces people to interact in some other way than exchanging gunfire.

It's a no from me.

Edited by Cipher

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Lol no. -1. Thank you. Have a nice day. No not needed.

Could not have said it better myself.

Grimnir    595

No, this is like the worst idea I've heard in ages.

You are basically saying you can shoot, but not kill me for no reason.

So let's just think about it: 

You shoot at me for no reason > I shoot back and kill you with my rights > 10/10 RP?!

If you feel like people are to nice to you, get hostile with them and it will change really fast. If I get hostile with someone and meet him again most of the time this person won't be nice to me anymore.

If its what I think it is then -1 no thank you, way to easily exploitable

Yeah it's a no from me, I have a hard time grasping what you exactly mean but what I'm getting it's negative. Roleplay is the main foundation of a roleplay server shooting to scare therefore them getting kos right on you wouldn't work.

please don't feel disappointed we're always open to suggestions bad or good, just be prepared for people to disagree. 

No. 

Fenrir    42

So let me get this right, whats being suggested is "Everyone is too loving and friendly ingame" which is to some extent true, people heat seek and B-line towards other people to get some and I quote "RP" Its happened on a few occasions to me  and is annoyingly unrealistic.

But the suggested solution to that is allowing KOS aslong as it only knocks them out...

Ni**uh, you cray cray

That being said I do agree with you that the "apocalypse" roleplay is pretty lackluster if not nonexistent at this moment. I should walk into Stary and have to have my weapon ready, afraid to cross the street because I might get hit with the burner by a fuckin sniper in the window looking for an easy kill and loot. Instead I walk into Stary and it's like an episode of Modern Family, everyone chattin' round the city square like there wasn't a virus that took out 95% of the population and left dead people walking and munching on other people's flesh.

So I wish there was some sort of incentive to roleplay more "realistically" considering the setting we're in but this is not the solution sadly. It would be abused way too much. For example if I want to get some quick PvP I could pop a shot at you and then you try and kill me and then I got an inside man that sprays your ass down the moment you raise.

-1 from me, again.

Edited by Cipher

Shadows    1020

Yeah.. no.

You shoot near me I'm doming you and reporting for attempted RDM.

This is a roleplay community, not a KOS one.

William    398
1 minute ago, Shadows said:

Yeah.. no.

You shoot near me I'm doming you and reporting for attempted RDM.

This is a roleplay community, not a KOS one.

Pretty much this. 

Im not sure what you're trying to get at here. Shoot near someone so they shoot back granting you KOS rights? Im pretty sure that won't ever happen. 

I say yes. This is a great idea +1 respect

Castiel    1124

No thanks. While it would bring a touch more realism, the rules in this regard are to promote role play above all else.

I wouldn't say "fuck no" to this suggestion since it would be more realistic while helping to bring more fear back to the servers. But I can't say I support it either since I see more negative consequences of it then positive ones, people not having roleplay in focus being one of them.

Don't let go of your desire to bring fear back, though. I really hope we can get a solution to the problem that most people can get behind. And people who dare to share their suggestions like you do are resourceful.

+1 to what Sofie said.

I believe this has been brought up before, but it has a lot fo grey areas. So I like it better as it is right now. You shoot at someone without KoS rights then it's Attempted RDM.

This sort of suggestion pops up from time to time. Never gonna happen. Pub servers are where I go if I wanna get shot at out of nowhere.

2 hours ago, Mayhem96 said:

What I'm suggesting to make some changes to make shooting at a player without killing him not RDM but also gives Killing rights to the one getting shot at.

No.

Não.

Niet.

Nein.

As everyone says, this is a Role-Play community. People have been surviving for 2 years now, and that means that: Retarded bandits are probably dead, alongside with most maniacal psychotic folks (due to then having no care on their own life). This leaves us with real survivors, people who actually wish to survive, and will put that on a first "DO" in their daily list.

In the real apocalypse, humans wouldn't be shooting everything and everyone as you see in movies and games. There has been more than enough articles explaining why we don't do that, since even in War, the soldiers used to aim, not for the kill, but to scare the enemy. I could link you one of those, but I'm too lazy.

Humans try their best to cooperate, but ONLY when they disagree is where hostile actions take place. Behaviorism for you.

Mayhem96    0

As far as I can see from almost everyone who replied to this suggestion it's almost impossible to get something done to have some fear back to the game.

7 hours ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

In the real apocalypse, humans wouldn't be shooting everything and everyone as you see in movies and games. There has been more than enough articles explaining why we don't do that, since even in War, the soldiers used to aim, not for the kill, but to scare the enemy. I could link you one of those, but I'm too lazy.

Yeah, Agreed but in an apocalypse anyone could turn bandit for his own reasons, psycopathic and manic's could come to chernarus from any other country just for the chaos.

Figure out ways to put fear into the game without turning it into disregard for KOS rules. Then something more can be said. To say it's impossible isn't correct. If I wanted to be shot at without reason, I'd go to server 3.

Elmo    922

I can attest that this could provide a certain menace. There would be nothing more immersive than talking with your friends inside your compound, discussing your day's work with them, chatting and bantering, only to suddenly take fire from outside your compound. We've had instances like this before and, I must say, they made for some memorable moments. They did end in reports, sadly.

The problem with this is that people would simply abuse it, why bother role-playing out a fantastic initiation or even making a connection with the person before opening up on them. They will inevitably fire back and you will kill them. Easy gear, easy kill, no interaction. That is how I would imagine the majority using the rule, it would ruin role-play instead of improving it, as intended.

Sorry, a good suggestion on paper but in practice it would not work.