Server time: 2017-08-21, 10:28

Sign in to follow this  
Stradic

Home Page Additions

Stradic    263

So I have two little things that if possible would like to see put on the home page:

1- Adding the settlement map. This is to ensure all players are keeping up to date with any additional settlements appearing to avoid any mishaps.

2- Bring the outbreak clock back. This is to simply make sure people have a rough idea of how long the outbreak has been going on for.

I have no idea if this is even possible with the new website but would like to hear what the rest of the community thinks of it.

Keira    1039

The map and clock would be helpful. +1 to this suggestion. Would help for settlement rules to see settlement outlines..

Alex    451

+1 to the outbreak clock. Tbh I want the old map/page thing from oldsite on the homepage. I liked that.

@Rolle pls

Hassan    381

Adds a bit more to the homepage, don't see why not.

Yes, please. +1

Ramon    337

I agree with the rest. Sound like a good idea! ;)

The settlement map being on the front page seems like a good idea like you said it will keep people up to date on things and then it will be easier to access. I don't remember the outbreak clock but from what I am reading (from this thread) it shows you the number of days that people have been living in the outbreak. All of them sound like a +1 idea  

Maybe LESS stuff on the home page and more focus on the forums being immediately acessible. Its a bit of a clusterfuck now imo, all the menus and dropdown menus and their dropdown menus.. Meh. 

Majoo    645

Is nice idea. Yes I wouldl ike to see that...+1

Rolle    2454

Settlement map is pretty resource intensive to have on the front page. Front page is opened thousands of times every day, it needs to be as lightweight as possible so it loads quick. It's already slower than normal due to the Twitch widget. Plus, there is no space there to put the map which takes the entire page to display. I'll see about the outbreak counter.