Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:14

Sign in to follow this  
Major Tom

I'm getting robbed rediculously frequently

Major Tom    78

I was robbed on my way to TP so I headed to NEAF to get more gear. I grabbed some gear, and got robbed of it. I headed to the market, and got robbed. I went to Berezino, and got robbed. My friend was driving a car and we drove past a roadblock, we were asked to stop but didn't, so we were almost robbed.

Fuck, man. I just wanna keep my beans yo.

Reacher    0

Sadly bandits can't seem capable of just saying no. It would be fantastic if groups of them would just not perform robberies every so often, but alas you can't hate the player, just the game.

Just try to keep an eye out at all times. Always check your rear. And if you suspect something is too good to be true, it's probably a bandit trap.

Major Tom    78

Sadly bandits can't seem capable of just saying no. It would be fantastic if groups of them would just not perform robberies every so often, but alas you can't hate the player, just the game.

Just try to keep an eye out at all times. Always check your rear. And if you suspect something is too good to be true, it's probably a bandit trap.

But that's the thing. I don't see them coming. If I do see them coming, I ask them if they're friendly and we team up. Then, the second my back is turned as I loot something I have a gun to my head and I'm being commanded to drop my weapon.

I've only met a small handful of friendly people that are actually friendly, and they're more often than not, in a clan. Lone wolves are dangerous.

Reacher    0

Indeed.

Seems that the usual 'gamer' mentality is to naturally seek out the biggest, brightest, most badass weapon and/or items in the game. It's that very mentality that fuels a lot of the bandits responsible for constant robberies. There are some here who strike something of a balance, but generally you need to be careful [as you said] of the guys roaming alone... they tend to be the most vulnerable, and thus resort to 'act first' situations.

Part of the problem might be roaming alone yourself. Try partnering up with those friendly individuals you've found. That might make a would-be bandit think twice. Heck, why not try and get some sniper support, too? If the sucker makes a move, blast him from range.

Bogdan    0

I'm a lone wolf and im friendly although I will be looking for a clan if/when when I get whitelisted.

Major Tom    78

Indeed.

Seems that the usual 'gamer' mentality is to naturally seek out the biggest, brightest, most badass weapon and/or items in the game. It's that very mentality that fuels a lot of the bandits responsible for constant robberies. There are some here who strike something of a balance, but generally you need to be careful [as you said] of the guys roaming alone... they tend to be the most vulnerable, and thus resort to 'act first' situations.

Part of the problem might be roaming alone yourself. Try partnering up with those friendly individuals you've found. That might make a would-be bandit think twice. Heck, why not try and get some sniper support, too? If the sucker makes a move, blast him from range.

I recently signed up with the Black Hat Militia. However, most of them are American so during the day for me in the UK I am alone most of the time. I've made it my priority to make a few friends though, and I believe I have done so. I have managed to become friendly with one or two guys. Very nice to have someone you trust.

I'm a lone wolf and im friendly although I will be looking for a clan if/when when I get whitelisted.

If you ever meet me at trade post, don't hesitate to ask for supplies my friend. I am always happy to help those that are truly good.

Well, you ever see R.S.M. about and we won't rob you and if you ever need some hired guns if you're going out looting and want protection from the walkers or any other threats for a small fee we can provide protection.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I joined this community today, I was robbed once north of TP while I offered a guy a ride, then I almost got robbed at NEAF, I left as soon as a big group arrived, and then I got robbed while looting Berezino's hospital, lucky for me they didn't know that the gun I pointed at them as soon as they asked me to drop it, had 0 ammo, and that the "You wanna fuck with me? Okay, okay" line was from Scarface. I guess it's easier to rob than trust.

Major Tom    78

Well, you ever see R.S.M. about and we won't rob you and if you ever need some hired guns if you're going out looting and want protection from the walkers or any other threats for a small fee we can provide protection.

"for a small fee"

My lack of gear is the reason I'm going out alone in the first place, to get more gear so I can buy things. Anything is better than this shitty AK I have.

"for a small fee"

My lack of gear is the reason I'm going out alone in the first place, to get more gear so I can buy things. Anything is better than this shitty AK I have.

For a small run to a nearby place with a couple of guys would prob be a few cans of food, nothing major. Best person to see at the TP would be Riggs. Or if anyone else is there then ask them, I'm there all day most days and I would go to a nearby town for food/drink bigger bag for a cheap fee.

Daring    0

Haven't been robbed once so far, and I've been all over. Maybe you need to be a bit more covert? :P

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

join a group, being alone in these dangerous times are not advised

Major Tom    78

haha, bandits camping TP road sure can be a laugh though. One time I just walked right past some bandits. Literally walked. They were in the trees and I walked past them staring at them. They didn't even see my I don't think.

And today, my friend was driving our pickup down the road from Dubrovka to TP and of course there is a road block. He weaves through it and we hear a desperate "s-stop!!" followed by some AK rounds when we were 100+ m away.

I mean, if those guys can't even rob ME of all people...

OmigaaaD    0

If you play on S2 and see a little bird you'll get a free ride with us, just pop a smoke or something and we will most likely pick you up and fly you wherever you want to go, just check to make sure there's a blue round emblem on it or it isnt us and it might be bandits :P

We also do regular fly-by checks of the road leading towards dubrovka, we also camp the forest where the road goes trough the forest to deal with bandits from time to time.

If you're in the TP on S2, just ask if the 2nd CSU is around if you need a ride.

Major Tom    78

If you play on S2 and see a little bird you'll get a free ride with us, just pop a smoke or something and we will most likely pick you up and fly you wherever you want to go, just check to make sure there's a blue round emblem on it or it isnt us and it might be bandits :P

We also do regular fly-by checks of the road leading towards dubrovka, we also camp the forest where the road goes trough the forest to deal with bandits from time to time.

If you're in the TP on S2, just ask if the 2nd CSU is around if you need a ride.

Thanks man. I usually stick around S2 just because there are often more slots free. I'll take you up on that offer some time. I may need a ride to Stary or something :P

Thanks a bunch

I owe allegiance to nobody, but I won't hurt you unless you mean me obvious harm.

I don't take kindly to people taking my arrows, either - but I'll just throw my flashlight at your head as hard as I can, for that offense.

Hagen    0

Anything is better than this shitty AK I have.

In my opinion a gun is a gun your MK 48, or super rare gold whoziwhatsit don't mean squat when i got the drop on you no matter what I'm packing. although the likelyhood of you finding me or vice versa is 0 cause i haven't been able to play for quite some time. I personally prefer the ak model weapons over most others for role play reasons.

Guest Scotch   
Guest Scotch

I'm surprised to see this thread, because I was actually starting to think that there are no bandits playing the game. Every single person I ran into was friendly to the point where they gave me medical supplies or even weapons for free and then grouped up for me. I was actually starting to get bored because of lack of any kind of conflict.

Seems like either I'm always at the right places, or OP constantly at the wrong ones.

Guest Aragras   
Guest Aragras

Like Scotch says. Seems you are picking the wrong places OP.

I've been playing for 2 days straight now and I havn't run into any bandit activity at all.

The people I do run into either ignore me or they're friendly.

I was robbed on my way to TP so I headed to NEAF to get more gear. I grabbed some gear, and got robbed of it. I headed to the market, and got robbed. I went to Berezino, and got robbed. My friend was driving a car and we drove past a roadblock, we were asked to stop but didn't, so we were almost robbed.

Fuck, man. I just wanna keep my beans yo.

What you need my friend, is a larger gun.