Jump to content
Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TryaxReck

Two Different Radio chatters?

Recommended Posts

TryaxReck    20

Alright so here is the deal, I hate radio chatter sometimes. Its hard to know really which server this is taking place, so if an airdrop is happening in S2 by a player, everyone in S1 would go looking for it, even though it isn't really there. So I have an idea to fix this easily. In the title, just put WHAT server this should be taken ICly in, so no one gets confused about serial murderers in the north if it doesn't apply to them.  I would like to see this officially added, like a rule addition or something. Please tell me what you guys think about this.

Cheers, The Broomstick Man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thumper    0

Umm....the servers are an OOC construct. If there are cereal murderers in the north, they are still in the north, no matter the server. Think of it as one world...not two servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole point of being secretive in the Radio Chatter is the fact that you aren't supposed to tell where you at. People do put things like: //on S2; This sometimes, but it's only when they want to.

As Thumperino said, there are no servers, there is only a world, where shit happens. If people tell they are somewhere, and you go there on another server and don't find them, it's because they left. Simple.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slash    87

I get what you mean, and it sometimes hard. 

But if you for instance make  a radio chatter with "Can someone please help me? I'm getting attacked by zombies! (S2)" I think it's perfectly fine. 

But the event itself still took place in the same world and therefore it can be spoken of in both S1 as S2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TryaxReck    20
Posted (edited)

Alright so here is the deal, I hate radio chatter sometimes. Its hard to know really which server this is taking place, so if an airdrop is happening in S2 by a player, everyone in S1 would go looking for it, even though it isn't really there. So I have an idea to fix this easily. In the title, just put WHAT server this should be taken ICly in, so no one gets confused about serial murderers in the north if it doesn't apply to them.  I would like to see this officially added, like a rule addition or something. Please tell me what you guys think about this.

Cheers, The Broomstick Man.

Edited by TryaxReck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kyle_Jones    226

nobody ever goes on S2, so its most likely happening on S1, and most radio chatters are private or don't need a location or server name to be in the transmission, seems stupid IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shark    0

Rules? lol no

Nobody sticks to single servers, so even if something happened on S1, it could be on S2 tomorrow by the time the radio chatter thread goes up. If you wanna know so much, just send a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kat    101
18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Umm....the servers are an OOC construct. If there are cereal murderers in the north, they are still in the north, no matter the server. Think of it as one world...not two servers. 

Like...Captain Crunch was killed? Along with Frankenberry? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0

You shouldn't separate the servers like they are different worlds. The serial murderers are free to jump servers if you call them out on the radio for being on S2, making your warning invalid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatRyanGuy    0

I don't think you need to implement an entire new rule about this. I understand where you are coming from, but maybe for radio broadcasts about things like airdrops just put an OOC message at the bottom saying

//Can be found on S1

As far as I am aware a small OOC message like that is allowed, but correct me if I am wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just Copy & Past what I wrote on the other topic:

The whole point of being secretive in the Radio Chatter is the fact that you aren't supposed to tell where you at. People do put things like: //on S2; This sometimes, but it's only when they want to.

As Thumperino said, there are no servers, there is only a world, where shit happens. If people tell they are somewhere, and you go there on another server and don't find them, it's because they left. Simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toska    0

I get where the idea is coming from. We used to have a trading forum where one could arrange IC trades via the forums, where they included the server number, but in terms of radio chatter it should only be mentioned if it is absolutely necessary. It'd be fine for planned events. A wedding is an example that had happened quite a few times in the past and was broadcasted to the survivors out there via the forum radio. Other than that, same as others have said: one world, one time line, no need for a distinction in radio calls based on servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0
1 minute ago, ThatRyanGuy said:

I don't think you need to implement an entire new rule about this. I understand where you are coming from, but maybe for radio broadcasts about things like airdrops just put an OOC message at the bottom saying

//Can be found on S1

As far as I am aware a small OOC message like that is allowed, but correct me if I am wrong

 
 

1. All post content must be strictly IC. No OOC content is allowed at all, even using "//" or similar tags. If you want to discuss the threads or posts from these forums OOC, use TeamSpeak or create a new thread in General Forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thumper    0
2 minutes ago, Sofie said:

1. All post content must be strictly IC. No OOC content is allowed at all, even using "//" or similar tags. If you want to discuss the threads or posts from these forums OOC, use TeamSpeak or create a new thread in General Forums.

+1. I love rules that are straight to the point and leave no room for false interpretation. 

We don't need this to be a rule. If you have a need to question a radio post about a server, pm the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThatRyanGuy    0
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sofie said:

1. All post content must be strictly IC. No OOC content is allowed at all, even using "//" or similar tags. If you want to discuss the threads or posts from these forums OOC, use TeamSpeak or create a new thread in General Forums.

I have seen that, but I have also seen many radio chatter messages with a small OOC message on the bottom just showing what server for things such as dynamic events

I could claim that the rule isn't being enforced, but we all know where this thread will go if we start using terms like that

As far as I was aware, a small OOC message is fine if it seems to be required. But maybe not

 

Edit:

Some examples I found with a quick search

*screams "inconsistency" and breaks keyboard*

Edited by ThatRyanGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lyca    783

/ Thread got merged since there were 2 similar threads to the same topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofie    0
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ThatRyanGuy said:

I have seen that, but I have also seen many radio chatter messages with a small OOC message on the bottom just showing what server for things such as dynamic events

I could claim that the rule isn't being enforced, but we all know where this thread will go if we start using terms like that

As far as I was aware, a small OOC message is fine if it seems to be required. But maybe not

 
 

There should be no OOC information on radio chatter threads. If you want to inform anything OOCly about an event it should be done in a different section of the forum or with a simple PM. Make a thread for the event and link the radio chatter that is relevant from there. People should be warned and have the OOC message snipped from their posts if they are breaking this rule. I have seen a discussion if @X should be allowed, something I think differently about. Since it won't be a message, just a smart way to use new forum features. 

Edited by Sofie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   62

So when there is a third RP server there are going to be 3 radio threads. I think its fine the way it is. Last time I really thoroughly read through it was when I was part of a group and the radio chatter seemed to be just people having a go at each other after getting owned in a firefight. I understand OP but I think you need to keep a bit of mystery and not confuse it with more then 1 radio thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Voodoo    489
40 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Umm....the servers are an OOC construct. If there are cereal murderers in the north, they are still in the north, no matter the server. Think of it as one world...not two servers. 

This.

 

Why not just get rid of radio chatter all together like the old days and go back to using TS as radios? Then those that like to hide behind text threats will be made to do it by voice to the actual people they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
   62
2 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

This.

 

Why not just get rid of radio chatter all together like the old days and go back to using TS as radios? Then those that like to hide behind text threats will be made to do it by voice to the actual people they want.

I agree but Voodoo this will never happen, a lot of people will protest.. I agree its better for roleplay on the server to have no radio threads :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toska    0
2 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Why not just get rid of radio chatter all together like the old days and go back to using TS as radios? Then those that like to hide behind text threats will be made to do it by voice to the actual people they want.

I disagree. While I do admit that threads via the radio threads are pretty petty, it's still a good medium to simulate radio broadcasts in-game until we get the tools for that in-game. If we can get the radio station running and the backpack radio is implemented and functioning as intended we can remove the radio forums. But I think that'll take a bit until we get there and until then the radio forum should stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thumper    0
1 minute ago, Misty said:

I agree but Voodoo this will never happen, a lot of people will protest.. I agree its better for roleplay on the server to have no radio threads :)

I made a suggestion thread a while ago about why it should be completely removed. Guess people like empty threats and 'big dicking' in text. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I made a suggestion thread a while ago about why it should be completely removed. Guess people like empty threats and 'big dicking' in text. 

I think it's a better tool for newcomers to communicate, in some way. Also, somehow it manages to keep the community more active. One of the main reasons I spend time on forums are to check Radio Chatter and Media Threads.

There's no need to remove it, but the 'big dicking', as you say, needs to stop really. Radio Chatter sure is abused in order to make your character more of a badass. Been there, did that. But now I write the exact way I talk when IG, but I can't say the same for most people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thumper    0
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

I think it's a better tool for newcomers to communicate, in some way. Also, somehow it manages to keep the community more active. One of the main reasons I spend time on forums are to check Radio Chatter and Media Threads.

There's no need to remove it, but the 'big dicking', as you say, needs to stop really. Radio Chatter sure is abused in order to make your character more of a badass. Been there, did that. But now I write the exact way I talk when IG, but I can't say the same for most people.

I would write exactly the way my character talks in game but Id get warning points for 'big dicking' and being overly aggressive, so I avoid it. 

Edited by Thumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I would write exactly the way my character talks in game but Id get warning points for 'big dicking' and being overly aggressive, so I avoid it. 

Fair enough.

That's also something that should be looked upon. I feel no need to punish harsh comments on Radio Chatter, and that's why I used to record my responses and do a /mp3 response, so they would have no real failure on interpreting my phrases. It made a lot easier for people to understand where I was coming from. But now that you can only use SoundCloud (which I'm really bothered to use) it's better to stick to the text responses, really. Makes my life easier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×