Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Steffen Larssen

New to RP

Hello, I'am new to Roleplaying.. So i was just wondering if someone could say anything about what is "not" allowed to say in "Voiceover" and what i rather should write in "ingame chat" etc.. :D

"started playing yesterday" 

Charlo    0

Hey man welcome to the community, everything you need to know should really be coverd in the rules. If your unsure of any rules you can always hop into our teamspeak and seek help from a staff member. 

We also have a mentor program you can look out for, I can't send you a link right now but I'm sure someone below me can get you one, have fun.

DarkPengu    62

Hey man welcome to DayZRP. Your gonna have a lot of fun here. A pretty simple rule is when your pulse checking someone don't say there name if they haven't told them your name other wise that would be meta gaming. Thats a pretty basic rule if you want to know more read the newcomers guide and rules page everything is there you need to know.

Sofie    0

Welcome!

It is important to have a clear separation of what YOU know OOC (out of character), what knowledge that your character has gained which basically answers your question. Everything your character knows, going all the way back to the day they were born, you are allowed to speak of in-game. Including your characters life, real life music, movies, games, events, news, people that were before the outbreak date October 7th of 2014. You are however not allowed to use any information you get from game mechanics, private radio chatter or stories on the forum (all this being OOC things), meaning pulse checking, responding to radio chatter on the forum and using that information in-game and just using information from character pages and stories is not allowed! You are allowed to respond to radio chatter that is open. Remember to read rules about posting radio chatter etc before you do it, just to make sure you won't be given out points.

Good luck!

5MILE5    37

Heya ^^

Well it's simple don't break rules, just read them and you'll get it. it's rather easy, also don't use information you got to know Out Of Character or read on radio chatters that are private. Just go in game and talk to people, it's fun, but well yeah be careful. there are a lot of people that are not nice. The most important thing is to have fun and try to find some friends. from that day onward you'll learn from them as well. ^^

See you in game!

Lyca    776

Welcome to the community!

I hope you have much fun here!

Just make sure that you understand every rule and when you have any questions to that just ask. You can also come to teamspeak and join "Waiting for Staff Help" and we gladly help you with the rules. :)

Besides of that, you can also take a look here. That is the mentor program where experienced Rper will gladly help you. :)

Greetings, Lyca

Iso    1203

Put it to you this way, if it doesn't make sense to say it in the scenario you find yourself in, then don't say it. 

If you have an IRL emergency, just use the // to signify that your typed message is an Out of Character message.

Other than that, welcome to the community and please familiarise yourself with the rules, it'll help you avoid questions like this in the future ;)

Ramon    360

Welcome to the community!
Have fun on the servers ;)