Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:17
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Diamond

What is bad rp? The report, staff bias. Pile it all on.

Diamond    0
Posted (edited)

So since we can't talk about it on staff feedback without points feel free to give your opinion on here.

Remember facts don't have feelings. I think if I admitted to bad rp I would be banned but I mean I'm a douche and have no friends in staff 

Edited by Diamond

yaBoiChris    0
Posted (edited)

EDIT: ima just stay out of this mess. basically, it sucks that there is bias, but i mean, you can't do much.

Edited by yaBoiChris

Post    0

I have nothing against Wumby, but looking at the video without bias - 100% I think his actions, conduct, attitude, and roleplay was unrealistic to the situation. You had just watched people die in front of you. Executed. You joke around with the very people killing your friends with meme-y jokes such as, "That's pretty edgy." I get it, it's a game, it's fun, but you have to take the roleplay seriously IC in these situations. Sometimes a light joke or two is fine, but there's a limit. That is the difference between DayZRP and other roleplay servers, there is supposed to be more quality here, and you didn't display that at all. Hands down I would have betted every penny I own that you would have been banned there, and I still have no idea how staff could watch that video, even after you admitted it was bad roleplay to a degree, and give it a verbal. These reports should be case by case, and someone like yourself, Wumby, who has been around a year, took real interest in applying to LM, and on a final warning - there should been no warning needed for this.

Cipher    0
Posted (edited)

You got fucked bro

Get friends in staff

-SNIPPED TOILET EDIT-

Edited by Cipher

Puddin    0
4 minutes ago, Diamond said:

So since we can't talk about it on staff feedback without points feel free to give your opinion on here.

Remember facts don't have feelings. I think if I admitted to bad rp I would be banned but I mean I'm a douche and have no friends in staff 

>"Remember facts don't have feelings. I think if I admitted to bad rp I would be banned but I mean I'm a douche and have no friends in staff"

That is basically the issue with staff at the current moment the whole "friendship" and some staff do not have spines they won't give someone ban for idiotic reasons a lot of the people there shouldn't even be staff members

Diamond    0
5 minutes ago, yaBoiChris said:

you made two threads. bro who cares. 

Thanks man, and why you commenting if you don't care. Add something valuable 

Nihoolious    1248
2 minutes ago, yaBoiChris said:

you made two threads. bro who cares. 

Quality post. 

I'm just gonna wait until there is a revision before posting my full opinion on here.

Feel like Wumby was already tired of RP'ing. I've seen his RP before, and I'm sure it's not always like that. Everyone has it's bad days. I thought it was a fair verdict after completely reading the report.

I don't care about any OOC bullshit that might be going on around these lands, but on my genuine perspective, Wumby know his mistakes and he's already been punished by it.

Nolan    0
Just now, Rogério SkyLab said:

Wumby know his mistakes and he's already been punished by it.

Verbal warning =/= punishment.

Just now, Nolan said:

Verbal warning =/= punishment.

It depends on who's getting it. When you're on the receiving end it's not that good. Do you consider a verbal warning like pure bullshit?

If so, I don't think you're thinking right.

Covert    0
2 minutes ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

It depends on who's getting it. When you're on the receiving end it's not that good. Do you consider a verbal warning like pure bullshit?

A verbal warning is a slap on the wrist. In game bans make someone think about their actions. A verbal warning provides nothing.

Billy    0

Personally I feel the report was done way too quickly and the verdict was all around lacking. For someone on final warning, it should definetly had more time put into it then what is shown. Hopefully justice will be served as the statement "As a famous author once said, grow up kids" was definetly a shot at lemon and our group, and made no RP sense at all.

Nolan    0
1 minute ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

Verbal warnings are by definition not a punishment, they are written (not verbal) warnings. And you're correct, it depends on who's getting it, but this thread is referencing a certain report and so was I. I think that specific verbal warning is bullshit yes -- though they do have their uses in some cases.

Just now, Covert said:

A verbal warning is a slap on the wrist. In game bans make someone think about their actions. A verbal warning provides nothing.

It is still a warning. Tell me, when you were a child and your mother came to you, saying: "Don't do this again!" you would probably not do it again. At least, that's what I would've done. I've had verbal warnings in the past for minor things, but I've never came to repeat these things

And if you do repeat, then it's not Staff's problem. It's yours.

Castiel    1124
7 minutes ago, Cipher said:

You got fucked bro

Get friends in staff

EDIT: The reason Wumby isn't banned is because he has hitters in staff. They were typing at the speed of light in slack. This is fact. Sorry to tell you but this isn't the government this is an online roleplaying forum and bias will exist and unavoidable. It is human nature.

Being one of very few Staff members who are friends with Wumby I can tell you this isn't true, but you already know that. I really don't appreciate you accusing me (I assume) of being involved in the outcome of a report that not only was I directly involved with, but also wouldn't have touched if I weren't due to a good friend of mine being the accused.

You know the procedures. No Staff members involved with the report or friends with anyone involved can post notes, discuss or have absolutely any sway in the outcome or decisions made in the report. But I'm sure you know all the "facts", which are nothing but unsubstantiated accusations, guesses and to be frank - complete bullshit.

Diamond    0
3 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Being one of very few Staff members who are friends with Wumby I can tell you this isn't true, but you already know that. I really don't appreciate you accusing me (I assume) of being involved in the outcome of a report that not only was I directly involved with, but also wouldn't have touched if I weren't due to a good friend of mine being the accused.

You know the procedures. No Staff members involved with the report or friends with anyone involved can post notes, discuss or have absolutely any sway in the outcome or decisions made in the report. But I'm sure you know all the "facts", which are nothing but unsubstantiated accusations, guesses and to be frank - complete bullshit.

I love you and it's not you. I can't word what I want to say without points 

Nihoolious    1248
2 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Its just that when 5 gms are a part of a verdict and you know which ones are boys with Wumby, its suspicious. By no means however am I accusing you of being involved. You were a part of the report afterall and knew you could not be a part of the verdict even if you wanted to. Any accusations of you playing a part in it are invalid, simple as that.

Cipher    0
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Hey dude, I'm not saying it's wrong. It's human nature. You aren't a bad staff member for it. I don't think any less of you. I don't have any negative feelings towards you, Wumby, Shadows, or anyone involved in the report. But seeing as though Mental and other GMs feel as though their notes were completely overlooked can only lead me to believe that there was something amiss with this report. Maybe I am wrong. Hell, I'm probably wrong, and if I am, I apologize. I wrote that comment while taking a shit. It just looks strange to me, is all.

No matter what, I think the verdict was invalid.

SPICY EDIT: You know what, I'm going to completely backpedal and say I was wrong for posting my original comment. I was wrong and I apologize. Your mind doesn't think things through when you're trying to pass some fucking pizza hut. Apologies, Cas.

Edited by Cipher

7 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Hey dude, I'm not saying it's wrong. It's human nature. You aren't a bad staff member for it. I don't think any less of you. I don't have any negative feelings towards you, Wumby, Shadows, or anyone involved in the report. But seeing as though Mental and other GMs feel as though their notes were completely overlooked can only lead me to believe that there was something amiss with this report. Maybe I am wrong. Hell, I'm probably wrong, and if I am, I apologize. I wrote that comment while taking a shit. It just looks strange to me, is all.

I appreciate this.

I will agree that this report could've been done a lot better and seeing the amount of people that signed it I'm surprised it turned out this way. As Mental has said he feels as though his thread notes were overlooked and and I can assure you (and everyone else that is confused), when someone gets into a report none of his friends or people they're in a group with are allowed to partake in the discussion or outcome whatsoever. 

Before people begin to accuse this of Wumby just having an advantage because Castiel and I (among with a couple others) are friends with him, let me tell you 100% that those of us who are in such a relationship with him did not discuss this report in any manner or leave thread notes on this report.

Personally, I read this report (as I was uninvolved in the situation), saw that Wumby and Castiel were involved, and decided that because of my friendship with them I will completely withdraw myself from this report. Can something really be 100% bias-free? In a perfect world that'd be great, but in reality nothing is. Therefore we try our best to not have that be an issue in the staff team and have regulations in place to minimize these biases. If you or anyone have any questions or concerns regarding this you can contact myself or any other member of staff.

Diamond    0

That's all good but if that was me in the report I would be taking a 5 day vacation 

DickSlide    250
10 minutes ago, Cipher said:

Yea you may think that the verdict was invalid and that's your opinion on that. You're entitled to that. I am going to put this out there that I agree with the verdict 100%. You all may complain that Wumby has friends in staff. Yea you are right about that. I can name them on 1 hand. Castile and Shadows did not have any part in debating this report. Nor had any voice in the matter and they are friends with Wumby. 

45 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I think if I admitted to bad rp I would be banned but I mean I'm a douche and have no friends in staff

Going to answer this for you Diamond, it depends on what happens in the report. It's case by case. You may call me biased against Wumby but in all reality, I am not. Yea I have talked to him about a few things he has posted that to me seemed unneeded in a serious discussion. Does talking to someone in this community as a staff member mean you are biased against them? No, it doesn't. So the pointing fingers needs to stop. 

To be brief as possible you all have your opinions when it comes to staff work as you don't see the whole picture like we do. If something is wrong then the admin team and OR Rolle will fix them. We have seen it many times with a few mistakes that we have done. We are all humans here and make mistakes.

Cid    333
Posted (edited)

Everything people do nowadays as bias.  Me posting this right now might as well make me Wumby's number one fan because I might be slightly defending them.  People need to chill the hell out - people are aware of how staff verdicts and what staff members can and cannot participate in the report.  I'd like to post more towards the subject of what is and isn't Bad RP, but everyone knows that isn't what this is even about.

Edited by Cid

Charlo    0
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

We have seen it many times with a few mistakes that we have done. We are all humans here and make mistakes.

Hey you're right we all do make mistakes but honestly i've seen that response what looks like three times this week from staff. I'm curious - Is the verdict going to be looked into again? If you can sit there and tell me you think that verdict should remain a verbal, you insane in dah membrane.

Edited by Charlie

LoneStarrr    84

Before I start, I just want to say that the only RP and experiences I have personally had with Wumby have been positive, therefore I have no reason to post this with ill-intent or as an attempt to have him removed from the community. I am simply posting this because I strongly feel as if something is amiss. 

In terms of the verdict, I have to say, just as the majority of others, that I disagree with the way it was handed out. As can be seen in the report, Wumby's RP was quite lackluster and it left much more to be desired. Despite this, Wumby did put this into context, stating that he was on a new character and that he was quite tired after having RPed all day. As everyone knows, both of these are valid excuses and can often times be understandable as it happens to all of us. Had this been the only contributor towards the OPs posting the report, I would say that a verbal would have been enough. However, in this particular RP session, Wumby took it beyond what I personally believe should be acceptable. This was done by referencing OOC events or memes, ("That's edgy" & "Grow up kids") in what seemed like an attempt to take a dig at the OPs before they ultimately executed him. 

Had this been any other report, I would fully expect Wumby to get the BadRP verdict and I will admit I was quite surprised to see the verdict that was given. If the BadRP verdict does indeed put Wumby over the line for warning points, while it is unfortunate, it is no one's fault but his own. Honestly, I do not wish to see Wumby removed from the community, but everyone knows the rules and limits and we all know how to follow them. 

DickSlide    250
4 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Hey you're right we all do make mistakes but honestly i've seen that response what looks like three times this week from staff. I'm curious - Is the verdict going to be looked into again? If you can sit there and tell me you think that verdict should remain a verbal, you insane in day membrane.

I don't know if it will be overlooked or overturned as you sure well know that's above me. It is my opinion on whether the verdict is right or not. I think it right and so do the individuals that signed off on it.

I understand that Wumby is a little hated here in the community and this unrest is due to the fact that you didn't get the result that you wanted. We are all adults here and throwing a temper tantrum isn't what solves this.