Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:59
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Stagsview

Myths and Legends (Make Lore?)

Stagsview    624

So! I wanted to see the communities thoughts before I start putting some time into this but it's something I thought that could be a neat idea.

I love stories, and I do love a good bit of old folk lore in the real world and so I was wondering if the community would be interested if that the Loremasters start to write up some myths/ Folk lore for Chernarus itself. Stuff that can be based around Slavic folk lore and also community lore (such as Volki) that have written for Chernarus. Stuff like child's tales, myths, folk lore and making them official for the community to feel free to use IG and for their characters.

I don't know, It's just a random idea I had while writing some continuation series Lore. I would even consider adding stories/lore written by community members and making them cannon here in DayzRP.

Thoughts?  Please be honest, I will just ban you later if you disagree :troll:

AndreyQ    0

I mean it would be cool and all, but I don't see this helping anything. The moment these is gonna be posted on the forums, you will start hearing about it IG and it is not gonna be that fun and entertaining when you already read about on the forums.

I'd like to hear myths and legends IG, but those should be invented by the people I've met and be original.

Kanye    14

Write lore that leads to events/has an effect on gameplay/will bring in players. Forum RP is not really a crucial thing that needs staff resources devoted to it.

Post    0

I think any stories is better than none. I love reading lore work and stories. People seem to enjoy reading pieces of official lore, but not sure really with the current state of the server it would really help push people to get involved and on the server. Feels like there is more pressing issues that could be prioritized (not to say that this idea would be a top one). I'm just unsure this would really be anything more than an enjoyable read. 

8 minutes ago, Andrey said:

I'd like to hear myths and legends IG, but those should be invented by the people I've met and be original.

Been there, done that. Need to understand that people just don't care that much about it.

Tried spreading a myth about of a ghost in the Prison, out of a situation that really involved a ghost-like situation. No one cared.

Tried spreading a myth about a psycho in the woods kidnapping people. Guess what, no one cared.

Unless people have a better idea, spreading it IG does nothing other than get people calling you crazy or even accusing you of Bad RP.

Stagsview    624
2 minutes ago, Kanye said:

Write lore that leads to events/has an effect on gameplay/will bring in players. Forum RP is not really a crucial thing that needs staff resources devoted to it.

Course, that would be the general idea of it. Write lore that could be used into events and also help characters develop (especially chernarussian ones), giving them more a solid base. This wouldn't be forum RP.

3 minutes ago, Post said:

I think any stories is better than none. I love reading lore work and stories. People seem to enjoy reading pieces of official lore, but not sure really with the current state of the server it would really help push people to get involved and on the server. Feels like there is more pressing issues that could be prioritized (not to say that this idea would be a top one). I'm just unsure this would really be anything more than an enjoyable read. 

Of course there are more pressing issues (Organizing events/event team, mentor program, writing events etc) but it's more something I personally would enjoy doing in my spare time and also something that the community could bring in. Such as the Volki Legend that the Ex-Volki members wrote. They wrote a nice little story explaining about the legend of the wolf. I think it would be nice to make it cannon. This won't be like 100% MUST DO ONLY THIS. If you guys want, we could do this in our spare time in-between breaks of continuation series :)

Cipher    0

I think that this is something you can do after a lore wipe, if you do decide to do one.

For now, I think it best if the Continuation series continues being developed as a high priority, Stegz.

Iso    1203
Posted (edited)

If you've got the time and patience to do it, I say go ahead and start writing :) It goes without saying your priorities shouldn't be effected by this though ^_^ 

I could definitely see this benefiting some people who are trying to flesh out their Eastern European characters, childhood tales and local folklore are great ways of selling your story as believable :D As for myths creating storylines, I could see that happening, if it can diversify the current status quo for RP, then I say why not?

Edited by Elmo

Bran    0

As a campfire RPer, telling spooky stories are the pinnacle of Campfires.

+1

Vapor    0

I think that this is a great idea. Even though it is late into the game lore, it should still be fun to hear about. Also, I think letting others write stuff and make it canon should be pretty cool, we have some creative writers in the community and I am sure we would see some awesome stuff.