Server time: 2017-08-19, 20:46

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alfie

Please stop

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

NOTE! I didn't know what to have as the subject.

While playing with someone who is female for the,past couple of days, I've noticed how inappopriately males react when hearing a female voice or seeing one ingame. This is not in an RP way, in fact, it is quite rude to the female and probably upsetting. Now all I ask is that to show some respect to everyone, treating them differently because they're female, but in a RP manner is normal and good, but saying out loud " look at that ass" or other sexual or insulting sentences should just stop, they want to play the game for fun, not to be treated like a completely different species.

I agree with what you're saying wholeheartedly, but people won't listen, I've tried before in game and the idiots started shooting at me! I didn't report it and in a way I wish I had but it was a good while ago now.

Wunsleh    10

While playing with someone who is female for the,past couple of days, I've noticed how inappopriately males react when hearing a female voice or seeing one ingame. This is not in an RP way, in fact, it is quite rude to the female and probably upsetting. Now all I ask is that to show some respect to everyone, treating them differently because they're female, but in a RP manner is normal and good, but saying out loud " look at that ass" or other sexual or insulting sentences should just stop, they want to play the game for fun, not to be treated like a completely different species.

I completely agree and if I were you i'd record everything and report it!

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

They could be RPing while saying things like "look at that ass". Maybe their character is Herbert the pervert

^This.

Also, I was in TP the other day and some guys from one faction were really laying into a lass from another, now unfortunately I can't record on my PC as I get like 8fps but stuff like that isn't good for the game or the community.

Wunsleh has the crux of it. If it is abuse and or harassment then record it and send it to us.

DORNER    0

You have to take into consideration that this is a zombie apocalypse role play. If there was a rape function in the game you best believe it would be the most used one.

I dont really see females getting much respect in a real life zombie apocalypse. Although from a gamer standpoint I think its ridiculous that people have to be rude to anyone based on their gender.

Guest Zainin   
Guest Zainin
If there was a rape function in the game you best believe it would be the most used one.

That's because a lot of people are nasty and pathetic, doesn't mean we have to tolerate this kind of bullshit because of "b-but apocalypse!".

Sky    1

You have to take into consideration that this is a zombie apocalypse role play. If there was a rape function in the game you best believe it would be the most used one.

I dont really see females getting much respect in a real life zombie apocalypse. Although from a gamer standpoint I think its ridiculous that people have to be rude to anyone based on their gender.

You're right in a way, however there is line where excessive realism starts to kill the fun for people.

Any form of abuse reported to the GM team will be taken very seriously, because at the end of the day this is a game and the idea is to have fun. If people can't role-play without being animals then they aren't wanted here.

Lord Fusk    2

We got a woman in our clan and the shit i hear from people in TP.. its crazy.

"whore" "Slut" and worse.

Should be KoS rights on that kind of language.. way over the line.

Sky    1

We got a woman in our clan and the shit i hear from people in TP.. its crazy.

"whore" "Slut" and worse.

Should be KoS rights on that kind of language.. way over the line.

If you catch it on video they'll be banned without hesitation.

DORNER    0

Yeah I completely agree. I just like to look at it from both sides. Im definitely not one of those types of players. Im usually nice to everyone I see.

(I gotta remember how to quote on here lol)

One, you need to make your post subject more descriptive.

Two, you're preaching to the choir in my case.

This is 80% of the reason I started recording all the time when I am on and a big part on why some girls don't u

se voice. I personally have been using it less due to harassment. Lucia nearly quit the server entirely because of one incident where she'd been in tp for hours with no issue using text and when I came on and used voice I was harassed to the point of logging off.

This is unacceptable.

The worst part is I think some people don't realise what they're doing is harassment.

If you repeat the same request over and over and over even when a player has stated they're not interested, it's harassment.

If you feel the need to constantly get in a character's line of view when they clearly don't want to chat with you and move away, it's harassment.

If you follow a character around for no desernable IC reason, especially when they're moving up towers or into inside areas like tents or buildings, especially if they're avoiding you, it's harassment.

And if anyone asked you to stop OOC and you carry on, it's certainly harassment

Reacher    0

Sadly it can be the nature of the typical 'guy gamer'. I think it's sad, to be honest, that girls often get treated differently. Quite often I hear girls being badmouthed out of online competitive games, such as Halo or Medal of Honor, simply because they spoke and a loudmouth feels like saying how 'bad she is at playing' [paraphrased and somewhat censored].

That being said, there are some females that game solely for that kind of attention, and aren't doing other non-attention grabbing female gamers any favors.

Unfortunately it's an event that will probably never be quite right, but at least on this community we can have a shot at limiting the exposure for our female members.

Observe, record, report - staff will handle the rest.

Jess Newton    2

I used to always play with Terra.. and she would get harassed a lot.. one time a guy was harassing her for about 10 minutes.. then he finally got bored of it.. and tried to carry a sheep up a tower in tp and fell to his death.. Karma gets them.. dont worry

Daring    0

You could always just perceive the harassment as them initiating hostile contact...

Gun 'em all down!

Reacher    0

Let's not start massacres in TP. Just get recorded evidence, and a name if possible, and it will be handled without possible deaths of innocents caught in the crossfire.

Gullio1    0

It's a very sad day in TP when a girl makes the horrible mistake of using Voice Chat and the next words anyone says are "HOLY SHIT IS THAT A GIRL?".

Next time someone does that I will challenge them to a revolver duel to the death. It shatters everyone's immersion into tiny bits, and is outright dickish.

None of this happened when the Mongol Empire was supreme.

(Yes, that was a joke.)

A big part of the problem is the fact that a lot of these gamers don't see many females at all. They don't know how to act, but there are definitely a good number who don't care as well.

It only gets worse when a girl/woman shows up and deliberately attempt to draw as much attention to herself as possible by pointing out she is female, and then taking advantage of the dumbasses that after talking to her are suddenly enthralled and seek to do whatever she wants them to do to get a chance for sex or pictures.

The previous (about "attention whores") paragraph describes a minority of the women though. The issue is multifaceted, and would cause even the most avid reader of anything to declare "tl;dr", but there was an incident at "PyCon" earlier this year, and is somewhat relevant and described on a blog:

http://amandablumwords.wordpress.com/

The rules need to make it clear that this level of misogynist behavior (as it is clear that they are not really roleplaying in ANY capacity, exceptions having been not forthcoming) is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Permanent change of society's expectations, taboos, and norms take centuries many times.

But this being a world different only in that there are vastly different norms across the globe, enforcing our own rules against this can at least help to attract people who won't be as inclined to harass/bully.

Sin    114

If people can't role-play without being animals then they aren't wanted here.

HEAR HEAR!

I can't understand these people who clearly WANT to play with girls, but then treat them like ... like they do.

Why not try a different tack? My first character in this server was from the south of the US, a very traditional, old school gentleman. He would go out of his way to honor and protect women whenever they were in his presence. None of them seemed to mind.

My current character is a young, virginal farm boy. He's desperately shy around women (which, trust me, most find quite endearing) but his mama raised him right, and his daddy taught him to stand up and defend women.

Geez guys, it's not that hard. I love to hear the voice of female gamers, but now they won't use voice because of your antics. Thanks. Good job.

Gullio1    0

I hoped all of this would fall under Rule 1, common sense, like OOC: Racism, but it seems many players wouldn't consider it that.

Bogdan    0

I hoped all of this would fall under Rule 1, common sense, like OOC: Racism, but it seems many players wouldn't consider it that.

I agree.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

Yeah, I was playing as a guy first who only spoke via text but I'm running around as a girl now speaking via mic so.. we'll see what happens. I'm not very sensitive to sexism or teenage boys, but I'll be recording the incidents and reporting it so others who do get hurt by it won't have to deal with it.

I've noticed some women stopped using voice, such as Lucia and Mel? I really hope you two will give it another try and show that we don't have to be affected by such nonsense. This goes for others too and anyone being targeted by childish discriminations, racism etc.

Guest Demarcus King   
Guest Demarcus King

Woah this is amazing, does a 17 year old carribean american guy really needs to put up a guide on how to be respectful/speak to women normally?

The guys who do this either hate women or doesn't get none..(if you know what i mean).