Sign in to follow this  

Second Chances

Fresh start 2017  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

So it is a new year my friends :) and i think time for a fresh start, so i have friends and people that are not my friends that have been removed and denied on their ban appeals, and not aloud for another one. To be honest alot of people that have been banned are actually wonderful rpers that made some dumb mistakes in a video game, some have even been here for a loooooong time, you know i just don't think it is fair to even perma someone at all personally, i believe perma bans shouldn't exist unless it is just horrible problems such as hacking, tremendous trolling ingame or in forums, straight kosing and no interest at all in this community or roleplay, but that is my opinion on that and, sorry this isn't what this thread is about when it comes to punishments. But, i think @Rolle you should really consider allowing people from 2k16 to redo a ban appeal, and discuss if it has been long enough or if you feel each individual deserves another chance, they mess up boom do your thing again not hard. This is a serious thread my friends, i know alot agree some might not, but like i said it is for the New Year, let us be more forgiving bring back some old faces, and continue this great community into 2017 with higher goals,  oh and i am not giving you 1 million dollars Rolle ;)

Edited by Batok

Would be great, I miss my friends.

It will never happen though.

William    401

Maybe give second chances to people who have been banned for something little ages ago, but for people who were perma banned for constantly not following rules, they should not be given a second chance - at least not for a while. Permanent bans should exist in my opinion. If people are repeatedly found guilty in reports they shouldn't be allowed to play here considering that they don't fully grasp the rules. Sure, some of them may be great roleplayers, but that gets cancelled out due to their constant rulebreaks. 

As for allowing people a second chance, it should only be offered to people who didn't majorly fuck up. I'm not sure what does and doesn't classify a "major fuck up", but you get the point I hope.

Why not? The staff are not Nazis like people say it has happened before plus it is a new year makes sense, it really does make sense, it would not hurt just fill the servers up more

1 minute ago, Will said:

Maybe give second chances to people who have been banned for something little ages ago, but for people who were perma banned for constantly not following rules, they should not be given a second chance - at least not for a while. Permanent bans should exist in my opinion. If people are repeatedly found guilty in reports they shouldn't be allowed to play here considering that they don't fully grasp the rules. Sure, some of them may be great roleplayers, but that gets cancelled out due to their constant rulebreaks. 

As for allowing people a second chance, it should only be offered to people who didn't majorly fuck up. I'm not sure what does and doesn't classify a "major fuck up", but you get the point I hope.

Majorly would be like cheating, or stream sniping, or somebody that just messes up bad on forums and ingame, this game has problems rule have grey areas and shit happens but if someone is a great roleplayer how is that void? This is a rp community we need good rpers alot of them were just really aggressive rpers tbh.

I'm all for second chances. Lots of people have had them, and I'm sure they will continue to be given to people, but I don't think the agrarian calendar has much of a bearing on this. :D

Just now, Batok said:

Why not? The staff are not Nazis like people say it has happened before plus it is a new year makes sense, it really does make sense, it would not hurt just fill the servers up more

Why would they take the risk though? It doesn't really affect them in a positive way and there are more things to worry about then not. Plus a lot of people who get perm'ed from this community develop a vendetta against it. Sure it will bring some good RP'ers back, but it could also bring a bunch of negative ass people here to ruin shit.

Shadows    1020

I could agree with this, to an extent.

Players permabanned while they were on a final warning would take a lot of persuasion to bring and let them back. As far as "minor" rulebreaks go, while all rules are rules I can agree some are less detrimental than others. For example getting permanently banned from NLR or other rules that aren't terribly extreme. But this shouldn't be a short process and permanently banned players should take at least 6 months before they're even considered coming back.

At the end of the day this has happened in the past and is always at the discretion of the Admin team.

2 minutes ago, Billy said:

Why would they take the risk though? It doesn't really affect them in a positive way and there are more things to worry about then not. Plus a lot of people who get perm'ed from this community develop a vendetta against it. Sure it will bring some good RP'ers back, but it could also bring a bunch of negative ass people here to ruin shit.

Well i was pemed came back worked hard for 5 months i think to get off my final, ya i got in a little trouble nothing serious on my last report, but what risk? You act like it would destroy the community you would be suprised who truly wants to come back and prove themselves.

2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I could agree with this, to an extent.

Players permabanned while they were on a final warning would take a lot of persuasion to bring and let them back. As far as "minor" rulebreaks go, while all rules are rules I can agree some are less detrimental than others. For example getting permanently banned from NLR or other rules that aren't terribly extreme. But this shouldn't be a short process and permanently banned players should take at least 6 months before they're even considered coming back.

At the end of the day this has happened in the past and is always at the discretion of the Admin team.

New year!!!!!!!!

I'm down for that if they bring back my homie Liquid. 

People already get second chances via emails so idk what you are suggesting.

I am baffled people actually like seeing people permd lol i am legit dying right now, the population is so low because of all the banned players who, fuckedup and got banned for rdm or something small, forgive and forget it is a game simple ;)

Just now, Batok said:

Well i was pemed came back worked hard for 5 months i think to get off my final, ya i got in a little trouble nothing serious on my last report, but what risk? You act like it would destroy the community you would be suprised who truly wants to come back and prove themselves.

Like I said, I agree with you and think that people should be given a second chance. 

3 minutes ago, Billy said:

In this quote I was referring to how I would think the admins would look at it (I could be completely wrong, was just a guess), not me.

Just now, Andrey said:

read the thread that is what i am suggesting thank you

William    401
Just now, Batok said:

I am baffled people actually like seeing people permd lol i am legit dying right now, the population is so low because of all the banned players who, fuckedup and got banned for rdm or something small, forgive and forget it is a game simple ;)

I mean the population is down for other things, not just perma banned players.

I dont think there should even be such thing as a perma ban. I think the ban timer should just be increased. Mainly because this is a video game and it while I understand some bans, some just suck. 

Maybe like a one year ban or something for "perma"

1 minute ago, Andrey said:

This.

Just now, Billy said:

Like I said, I agree with you and think that people should be given a second chance. 

In this quote I was referring to how I would think the admins would look at it (I could be completely wrong, was just a guess), not me.

Ya i see that it makes sense, but idk man erase the six months via email let them do it now, 2017 baby!!!! Love ya Dayzrp team

Just now, Batok said:

You are suggesting something that is already there. You received a second chance for example.

Just now, Tosh said:

This.

this

Posted (edited)
Just now, Batok said:

this

I did. Your suggestion is people getting another appeal. Which they can already do.

Edited by Tosh

Just now, Andrey said:

You are suggesting something that is already there. You received a second chance for example.

Riiiight and you know why Andrey???? Because he did a ban wipe and allowed everyone to redo their ban appeals, so let us do this for the new year :)

Just now, Batok said:

Riiiight and you know why Andrey???? Because he did a ban wipe and allowed everyone to redo their ban appeals, so let us do this for the new year :)

As far as I know everyone that has been permabanned can do a second appeal via email when he/she wants. So no need for special occasions.

Just now, Tosh said:

I did. Your suggestion is people getting another appeal. Which they can already do.

Not if they were denied the first time, though thats where the second chance comes in to play :)

Posted (edited)
Just now, Batok said:

Not if they were denied the first time, though thats where the second chance comes in to play :)

Yes, they can. Doesn't stop them from getting the same response, but unless they've been completely blocked ... email.

If they have been completely blocked from emailing, then they're dumb enough.

Edited by Tosh

Shadows    1020

Honestly I think the reasoning for it being a new year is pretty dumb. They can contact admins privately and it will be a case by case basis. Don't just unban everyone at once.