Server time: 2017-07-27, 20:50
DayZRP 5th anniversary - 50% Premium sale

Sign in to follow this  
NinjaVaen

Constant Crashing (Only On DayZRP Server)

Question

NinjaVaen    1

Only on the DayZRP US server do I run into this crash. Played flawlessly on the server for around 12 hours, but just recently, can't stay logged into the server for more than 5 minutes before coming across the error attached to this post. If anyone knows of any possible solutions, please let me know.

PS: Again, I can play on all other servers that I've ever played on without running into this error, which I found especially odd.

rsz_img_0709.jpg

18 answers to this question

NinjaVaen    1
40 minutes ago, Beni said:

Hello @NinjaVaen

Can you please post your PC Specs on this thread? Would be a huge help! 

-Intel Core i5-4460 CPU 3.20GHz

-8.00 GB RAM

-Nvidia Geforce 970

-Windows 10

-1 TB HDD

I hope this helps. Let me know if I'm failing to mention something critical!

Beni    627
2 minutes ago, NinjaVaen said:

-Intel Core i5-4460 CPU 3.20GHz

-8.00 GB RAM

-Nvidia Geforce 970

-Windows 10

-1 TB HDD

I hope this helps. Let me know if I'm failing to mention something critical!

Hmmm, I used to have the exact same set up a while back.... Only Without the 970. I didn't have any issues, and you say this only happens when you join DayZRP? Have you tried this on both Server 1 and Server Two? 

Also, have you tried verifying the integrity of your game files? 

Also.. calling in @MapleMooses to post her POV. 

NinjaVaen    1
Just now, Beni said:

Hmmm, I used to have the exact same set up a while back.... Only Without the 970. I didn't have any issues, and you say this only happens when you join DayZRP? Have you tried this on both Server 1 and Server Two? 

Also, have you tried verifying the integrity of your game files? 

Also.. calling in @MapleMooses to post her POV. 

Have not tried the EU server, but will try that and see the results.

I've never heard of verifying integrity of game files. Perhaps that's it? Although, I don't know how to go about doing that.

Beni    627
Just now, NinjaVaen said:

I've never heard of verifying integrity of game files. Perhaps that's it? Although, I don't know how to go about doing that.

Right click DayZ in steam - Properties - Local Files - Verify integrity of game cache. 

Seems to be a common memory issue.

Things to try Guide:

-Disable all background applications: Guide
-Update all of your drivers & OS.
-Remove all Launch Parameters.
-Verify Game Cache Files.

Chow    45

Do This

• Step 1. Check current Memory Driver Versions. (Update if needed)
  • Step 2. Set a max ammount of memory DayZ can draw from your pc.

Step 1: Open CMD Prompt --> Type in mmc devmgmt.msc to open Device manager --> Check memory driver status and update if needed.

Step 2: Open Steam --> Right click on DayZ and click on Properties --> Set launch parameters --> type in the box -maxmem=4096 --> Click OK --> Restart Steam and control that the launch parameters were put in correctly.

Your problem should be solved.

NinjaVaen    1

I am going to attempt each suggestion given until a solution has been reached. Thank you to everyone in advance. :)

1 hour ago, Beni said:

Right click DayZ in steam - Properties - Local Files - Verify integrity of game cache. 

So far, this by itself proved no effect. Crashed within 3 minutes of just walking around.

NinjaVaen    1
58 minutes ago, Chow said:

Do This

• Step 1. Check current Memory Driver Versions. (Update if needed)
  • Step 2. Set a max ammount of memory DayZ can draw from your pc.

Step 1: Open CMD Prompt --> Type in mmc devmgmt.msc to open Device manager --> Check memory driver status and update if needed.

Step 2: Open Steam --> Right click on DayZ and click on Properties --> Set launch parameters --> type in the box -maxmem=4096 --> Click OK --> Restart Steam and control that the launch parameters were put in correctly.

Your problem should be solved.

My apologies, but what do you mean by "memory driver"?

Update: This solution did not work for me either. :/

NinjaVaen    1

I'm thinking that it must have to do with background applications? I can't imagine what else could be causing this for JUST this server, and just so suddenly.

Shane    312
4 hours ago, NinjaVaen said:

I'm thinking that it must have to do with background applications? I can't imagine what else could be causing this for JUST this server, and just so suddenly.

Just close everything thats in the background I get the same thing and I have an i5 6600k, 1060 and 16gb RAM so how I solved the problem is close everything in the background so the only things running is TeamSpeak, Steam and the game and that solves the problem most of the time for me, I use to crash every 25-30min and since I closed everything bar what I listed I can go at least 2 hours plus without crashing. Hope this helps friend :)

NinjaVaen    1
31 minutes ago, Smash Gordon said:

Just close everything thats in the background I get the same thing and I have an i5 6600k, 1060 and 16gb RAM so how I solved the problem is close everything in the background so the only things running is TeamSpeak, Steam and the game and that solves the problem most of the time for me, I use to crash every 25-30min and since I closed everything bar what I listed I can go at least 2 hours plus without crashing. Hope this helps friend :)

I'll try exactly this, thanks so much. Seems like this could be the only thing doing it.

Shane    312
Just now, NinjaVaen said:

I'll try exactly this, thanks so much. Seems like this could be the only thing doing it.

No bother any other problems jump on the teamspeak and go to Waiting For Staff Channel and one of our Staff members will help you out with anything else your having trouble with :)

Hey @NinjaVaen

Has any of these possible solutions fixed your issue?

If any of them have just click on the tick icon above the up-vote and down-vote button on the answer that as solved your problem.

But if it has not been solved feel free to keep this open.

Thanks.

NinjaVaen    1
2 hours ago, Earthwalker said:

Hey @NinjaVaen

Has any of these possible solutions fixed your issue?

If any of them have just click on the tick icon above the up-vote and down-vote button on the answer that as solved your problem.

But if it has not been solved feel free to keep this open.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, nothing above has worked so far.

I've been told to try doing something called "defraging"?

Not sure what this means exactly, though.

Posted (edited)

So to defrag your hard drive you need to go to your control panel (Assuming you're on windows), then go to system and security then go to Administrative tools then click on defragment your hard drive.

When you have that window open click on  analyze disk, after that is done then click defragment disk.

I hope this solves your issue.

If not feel free to come into TS and I'll try and find some more solutions for you. 

Edited by Earthwalker
forgot to add in some things

Disable Shadowplay. It would cause a memory leak for me causing this problem. I use OBS without a problem to record if needed.

NinjaVaen    1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Earthwalker said:

So to defrag your hard drive you need to go to your control panel (Assuming you're on windows), then go to system and security then go to Administrative tools then click on defragment your hard drive.

When you have that window open click on  analyze disk, after that is done then click defragment disk.

I hope this solves your issue.

If not feel free to come into TS and I'll try and find some more solutions for you. 

13 hours ago, Dustin said:

Disable Shadowplay. It would cause a memory leak for me causing this problem. I use OBS without a problem to record if needed.

I wlll try both of these things, thanks guys. If not, I'll be in the TS later today. :)

EDIT: Tried both solutions and just played a 45 minutes session on the server to test - no crashes! Thank you to everyone for their advice and solutions. :) Will "defraging" off as best answer, as this seems to have had the most impact dumping 90 GB worth of useless data.

Edited by NinjaVaen
Solution to problem!