Dora

Community Drama Stream

Odap the Corruptor    412

I miss the old Tdawg tbh

-1 from me bud.

Dora    0
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Castiel said:

I think you should stick to one idea at a time, but this sounds okay.

I want to keep trying ideas and hopefully one of they'll keep getting better and more entertaining. I know the interviews were the best so far, so I'll still be doing those or maybe incorporate that in to this.

7 hours ago, Post said:

I liked the idea, but IMO the community is really small to do this regularly. Equally so the last episodes/shows were pretty unstructured, lack of questions, awkward pauses, no overlays. 

Gotta start somewhere, I think I'm more confident now than I was before a few months ago.

7 hours ago, Lazer said:

I'd suggest changing the name, if we have to resort to having a "Drama Stream", that's pretty pathetic for the community. 

Just do normal Q&A's man, community related issues can be discussed there without it being labeled as drama.

I think people would click on "Drama Stream" than "Q&A" more. Also just doing Q&A's are boring to me, nobody would stick around for long. There'll still be Q&A's in this stream, but there'll be main focus points about community issues and it'll hopefully get fixed.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

I don't like the idea Keemstar Jr.   Seems like you are trying to take serious and legitimate concerns the community has and exploit it by turning it into some kind of Jerry Springer show.   

It's just a glorified community meeting, not sure how you would dislike that.

3 hours ago, Sofie said:

I'm confused. I have seen you throw out ideas left and right but I never see you go through with them. You give people expectations that something will happen. But I haven't seen anything from your stream for months. You made threads about doing a cooking show, voice acting lessons etc. Is it me just missing these happening or are they still on your to-do list?

I thought about doing those shows and I got to the point where I created the thread to generate some small hype, but I thought about it some more and I thought those streams just wouldn't do too well. For the cooking show, I was really unprepared for it and the voice acting lessons, I didn't have enough volunteers. They would have been boring and non entertaining.

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

Does Rolle's response mean that there won't be a Q&A after all, or are you already re-thinking re-labelling your "Drama Stream" to something more productive and accurate?

I think he just misunderstood what was written on the thread. I'll talk to him. Drama Stream is very accurate because one of the main focuses is to discuss community issues and hopefully get them fixed. Drama stream is a very productive name because it'll get community members to click on it. I know i'd click it.

2 hours ago, MapleMooses said:

Because we really need to promote drama within the community. Please don't. 

Urite, brushing all the issues under the rug and silencing everybody might be a better idea. I think we should just end all community meetings in general because it promotes drama.

28 minutes ago, Pado said:

I miss the old Tdawg tbh

-1 from me bud.

When I stream you'll see old Tdawg, I have a very good on and off switch.

Edited by GirlGamer

MapleMooses    0

Just change the name of the stream if you're not going to be talking about drama, pretty simple. Seems like clickbait ;) but that's what all content creators do nowadays, right? If you're here to bring up concerns and talk about issues, then why would you need a clickbait? Be honest with your streams and more people might tune in. 

Rampage    0

I'm just saying "drama stream" sounds too cringe and like you are trying too hard to be keemstar.   

I think people would take this more serious if it didn't feel like you were trying to be edgy. 

Dora    0
3 minutes ago, MapleMooses said:

Just change the name of the stream if you're not going to be talking about drama, pretty simple. Seems like clickbait ;) but that's what all content creators do nowadays, right? If you're here to bring up concerns and talk about issues, then why would you need a clickbait? Be honest with your streams and more people might tune in. 

But the stream is going to be talking about community issues (which is drama) So I'm not sure what you're on about. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

I'm just saying "drama stream" sounds too cringe and like you are trying too hard to be keemstar.   

The stream has nothing to do with Keemstar or what he does though?

Rampage    0
Just now, GirlGamer said:

But the stream is going to be talking about community issues (which is drama) So I'm not sure what you're on about. 

K Arcus

Wong    0
13 minutes ago, GirlGamer said:

Really ? Last time I watched keemstar back with the leafy shit he talked about drama going on which you are doing . Only difference is yours is only about this community either way good luck with this 

Hassan    450

Nobody wants this community to be promoted for it's "Drama" bro, how hard is that to understand. 

Either way you have the right to do whatever you want with streams, but to me as long it's called a "Drama Stream" I'm gonna think it's pretty pathetic. Like I said I understand what you're trying to pull off, but false labeling it as a drama stream isn't the way to go.

Dora    0

I won't be responding to any repeat/senseless posts, I've already addressed everybody. Unless you have something new to post, you won't be addressed. Thank you :)

When your name is 'GirlGamer' , your avatar is a Japanese cartoon girl and you're creating a podcast called 'Community Drama' - people are going to assume you're going to meme it up - because at a glance all signs point to memes.

Rebrand, make some quality content, save the rebellion, save the dream. Don't spoil opportunities for a cheap joke.

Dora    0
2 minutes ago, Surviving Man said:

When your name is 'GirlGamer' , your avatar is a Japanese cartoon girl and you're creating a podcast called 'Community Drama' - people are going to assume you're going to meme it up - because at a glance all signs point to memes.

Rebrand, make some quality content, save the rebellion, save the dream. Don't spoil opportunities for a cheap joke.

The reason why you'll typically see people shit posting on my serious threads, is because I created a bunch of separate off topic threads sharing different content I'd find online. After a little while, the shitposting on the threads got worse and it eventually evolved in to this general consensus that everything I post on the forums is "a troll" or "meme". In regard to my voice talent, I changed my name to GirlGamer for a 'real meme'. The people here claiming it's going to be a "meme" or whatever, haven't read the thread in the slightest as there's nothing written to indicate it's going to be a 'meme' or 'joke'. This is completely serious much like my other streams, and if some people fail to realize that, then they'll forever be deluded and I could care less about those individuals.

This stream is intended to help Dayzrp, and properly addressing the massive problems in it is the first step for recovery. Thank you for your post :P

Hassan    450
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GirlGamer said:

The reason why you'll typically see people shit posting on my serious threads, is because I created a bunch of separate off topic threads sharing different content I'd find online. After a little while, the shitposting on the threads got worse and it eventually evolved in to this general consensus that everything I post on the forums is "a troll" or "meme". In regard to my voice talent, I changed my name to GirlGamer for a 'real meme'. The people here claiming it's going to be a "meme" or whatever, haven't read the thread in the slightest as there's nothing written to indicate it's going to be a 'meme' or 'joke'. This is completely serious much like my other streams, and if some people fail to realize that, then they'll forever be deluded and I could care less about those individuals.

This stream is intended to help Dayzrp, and properly addressing the massive problems in it is the first step for recovery. Thank you for your post :P

2 hours ago, GirlGamer said:

I won't be responding to any repeat/senseless posts, I've already addressed everybody. Unless you have something new to post, you won't be addressed. Thank you :)

Or maybe just having a "Drama Stream" just isn't a good idea. I've never shit posted or bothered with any of your off topic threads. I still think calling it what it's called is a bad idea and not a good image for the community if people decide to watch. 

But ya know, you're right and we're all wrong. Of course.

I have read the thread and the idea isn't bad, the name is something I have an issue with and makes it seem like you're trying to be a DayZRP Keemstar. What you want to do isn't bad at all, but you need to understand how calling it a drama stream is going to be taken. I understand you're serious about this, that doesn't change my opinion on the name and how it will be perceived for people viewing.

But don't worry, just ignore me since this is just a senseless post, I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you took two seconds to try and understand what everybodies trying to say.

Edited by Lazer

Keira    1457
Posted (edited)

Dora why do you feel the need to perpetuate the drama? Honestly making a talk show-like stream surrounding the drama in the community is not something anyone wants. If you want to get into gossiping, maybe stream celebrity gossip or rumors or something.. just not the drama in this community. In the end, it's usually meaningless stuff that works itself out or gets forgotten anyway. I can appreciate you wanting to help the community, but this really isn't the way.

You try to defend yourself and say this is not a meme and you want this project or idea to be taken seriously... unfortunately Dora, after crying wolf so many times, you won't be listened to or taken seriously anymore and maybe that is something you should have considered before all the memeing that has been done.

If you do decide to go through with this.. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you find a more productive way of helping.. but honestly letting the dust settle and letting people work out their differences privately is the best way versus getting the whole community involved and up in arms over nothing.

Edit: Also, with you being a member of the stream team for DayZRP... I really hope you think good and hard about doing this. I cannot see your position on the team being very secure for you with this kind of drama talk show.

Edited by Keira

Plank    0
7 minutes ago, Keira said:

Dora why do you feel the need to perpetuate the drama? Honestly making a talk show-like stream surrounding the drama in the community is not something anyone wants. If you want to get into gossiping, maybe stream celebrity gossip or rumors or something.. just not the drama in this community. In the end, it's usually meaningless stuff that works itself out or gets forgotten anyway. I can appreciate you wanting to help the community, but this really isn't the way.

You try to defend yourself and say this is not a meme and you want this project or idea to be taken seriously... unfortunately Dora, after crying wolf so many times, you won't be listened to or taken seriously anymore and maybe that is something you should have considered before all the memeing that has been done.

If you do decide to go through with this.. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you find a more productive way of helping.. but honestly letting the dust settle and letting people work out their differences privately is the best way versus getting the whole community involved and up in arms over nothing.

Keira is onto something here.

Dora, if you're gonna do this, be the New York Times, not TMZ. <3

Mexi    1302
8 minutes ago, Keira said:

-Snip-

You should hear the fucked up thing he has planned for his future streams.

Dora    0
9 minutes ago, Keira said:

Edit: Also, with you being a member of the stream team for DayZRP... I really hope you think good and hard about doing this. I cannot see your position on the team being very secure for you with this kind of drama talk show.

It's Safe Space without dedicated hosts. How do I know this project will work? People wanted to see this type of content in the past, I'm just rebranding the podcast so everybody is completely involved. Why was this something you wanted to see in the past but not now? What's the change of heart here?

Keira    1457
2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

You should hear the fucked up thing he has planned for his future streams.

Like I said, he should consider the consequences for his actions.. I believe our loyal and active RP streamers should hold priority when it comes to positions on the stream team..

Riggsee    0
12 minutes ago, Keira said:

Yeah this right here is something I'd keep in mind with this project. From one team member to another. 

But good luck man. Hopefully something productive comes out of it. 

Keira    1457
1 minute ago, GirlGamer said:

It's Safe Space without dedicated hosts. How do I know this project will work? People wanted to see this type of content in the past, I'm just rebranding the podcast so everybody is completely involved. Why was this something you wanted to see in the past but not now? What's the change of heart here?

These are not the same things. In the past and even now I do support our streamers, but this idea to me reads entirely different and not something I would want to see representing our community.

MattG13    3

This seems to have created enough drama already. I don't think you can fight the will of your audience :/

Ark    229
1 hour ago, GirlGamer said:

How is naming the stream "drama stream" going to help the community? 

To put it simple it isn't. This is a gaming community, people come here to play the game and rp. Not to get involved in the ooc drama that's on the forums. To be completely honest, if I saw a stream that is supposedly trying to help a community that I was considering joining called a drama stream,  I would close out of the stream and never think about joining again.

By all means, address the problems as you see them. But By giving it that name it will do nothing but shine a bad light on the community to any potential new members who happen to cross upon it.

Dora    0
Just now, Keira said:

These are not the same things. In the past and even now I do support our streamers, but this idea to me reads entirely different and not something I would want to see representing our community.

So me, Echo, and Staggs talking about drama related issues in the community is different than non dedicated hosts in the community talking about drama related issues? I'm not sure what you're on about. How could you not support people in the community discussing issues and trying to get them fixed not a good thing? You did before so obviously there is something else you're on about and not saying or you're completely misunderstanding OP.

2 minutes ago, Ark said:

How is naming the stream "drama stream" going to help the community? 

To put it simple it isn't. This is a gaming community, people come here to play the game and rp. Not to get involved in the ooc drama that's on the forums. To be completely honest, if I saw a stream that is supposedly trying to help a community that I was considering joining called a drama stream,  I would close out of the stream and never think about joining again.

By all means, address the problems as you see them. But By giving it that name it will do nothing but shine a bad light on the community to any potential new members who happen to cross upon it.

I will rename it after the first stream. The title is appropriate right now to grab the attention of people who're completely unaware of the issues and get their input on how to fix these problems.

7 minutes ago, MattG13 said:

This seems to have created enough drama already. I don't think you can fight the will of your audience :/

They just don't realize this is something I did a few months ago and they enjoyed it. Ofc some people don't like the name which I won't change until the first stream is done, but the other ones... they're just misunderstanding what this is.