Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:54

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icy

Avoiding breaking NLR

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Ok, I've been playing since I got whitelisted, this afternoon. I met lots of interesting guys, got robbed once and avoided a second robbery, and I died by zombies.

When I play DayZ I got my regular loot areas. If I spawn kamenka I head straight north to zelenogorsk, and then head northwest or to stary. If I spawn elektro I loot market-hospital-firestations and head east. When I spawn in cherno I loot market-firestation-hospital/tents and head north. As I spawned today, I was in cherno so I went to the market. Nothing good had spawned( right after restart) so I headed to hospital,church and firestation. By the time I was heading back I had an AK, binos-map-combass-hunting knife etc etc, pretty much the best gear I can get south. As I enter the supermarket I stop to organize my gear and a zombie hit me through the wall, made me pass out and I got eaten. As I spawned again I was back in Chenrno. I went to the market as it was in my way but I didn't loot my body since I kinda knew it was there. So my question is, if I had looted it, would it be a NLR offense? I was not involved in a firefight and I was going there either way, was I allowed to act like it's a random body and take the stuff, or I acted right and avoided breaking a rule?

Daring    0

I believe you can go back to your body if you died due to a glitch. Although a zombie hitting you through the wall is pushing it

Yes that would be NLR offense, read this thread as it explain pretty much every rule.

The only exeption to the NLR are glitches, since you can't die from a glitch irl.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Yes that would be NLR offense, read this thread as it explain pretty much every rule.

The only exeption to the NLR are glitches, since you can't die from a glitch irl.

I've understood the rules and someone made it clear to me that you can get your stuff only if you die by a glitch! I don't care bout my stuff, already got similar gear by looting berezino, I'm just asking just to be sure that I did the right thing and that I wasn't stupid and wasted my gear :P

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

In this case would it really be a new life offence? I mean if you 'woke' up on the shore at cherno you would immediately go looking for food, water and a gun , to do this you would search the places that IcyZ suggested in his 'loot run', by doing this he would discover a dead person he has no knowledge for and could take that persons stuff as the body is in his 'loot run'

Guest Sicconi   
Guest Sicconi

I think it's because you have OOC knowledge of your body it's hard to distinguish between whether people honestly went there with no OOC intention of getting their loot and people going there, finding their body and then saying they just found it ICly and didn't go straight there just for the body.