Server time (UTC): 2019-12-12, 22:45 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Beeblesnout

Brand Spanking New Player!

Hey, all!

I'm completely new here, like never played RP ever before (well once but it wasn't as serious and thorough as this). So I just want to say a few things upfront about the community I've seen so far. Firstly, you guys seem to have done an amazing job assuring that the RP experience is of utmost class. Secondly, as I am fully new, I want to start off on the right foot. I've noticed there's some mentoring program offered and I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction for that. I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could give me any tips on proper and valid RP etiquette. I haven't been accepted yet (I only got 1 rules question wrong about lifting a ban) but I'm raring to go! Looking forward to interacting more with this really cool community!

- Adam, Beeblesnout

Welcome, Adam! Here you go friend: 

Hope you like it here and good luck on your next try!

Welcome to the community bud, hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello and welcome! Well, best of luck with your second attempt (if you haven't passed the whitelist in the meantime) and have fun here. I'm sure you will get used to everything and rp itself very soon. :)

Btw, don't forget to make at least one post in a different forum section (everything besides introductions, forum games and off topic) soon, so that your account doesn't get deleted.

Well then, hopefully see you in game!

On 30/12/2016 at 0:32 AM, Beeblesnout said:

-snip-

Hey Beeblesnout, welcome to the DayZRP community, we forbid memes and despise children; other than that we're pretty much okay. Remember to sacrifice your firstborn to El Presidente and you should be good to go.

Anyways, mentoring program was already pointed out by Sofie (she's 100% the bluest Support ever) but I noticed there are no tips on proper RP here yet. 

Essentially, I would recommend staying away from HostileRP until you learn how to HostileRP with a large group. If you wish to do so, familiarise yourself with rules six, seven and eight, they are critical to any hostile interaction. Good RP really only comes over time to be honest, but if you wish to learn from other's mistakes then I suggest you check out the reports section. It offers opinions from the GMs (inadvertently), demonstrates improper RP, rulebreaks etc and is generally a good idea to look at to experience the injustice of DayZRP ^_^ That was a joke, just so you know, text is so bland ;)

Top RP tip from me though, I would recommend finding an outfit that you would wear regularly in RP for your character. Don't dress up as a super-soldier looking guy unless you're an actual soldier in RP :) It adds a layer of immersion, I find, and really helps people remember you. Personally, I rock the blue everything (except bag, gun and mask). 

Sorry for the messy structure of that, I'm not an entirely coherent person.

Enjoy your stay here, make it a long one ;) 

I'd Spank ya.

Sign in to follow this