Server time: 2019-02-24, 06:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Wong

New project thread

if the projects are completely unrelated in every way, and will be totally separated... I thought advertising was against the rules? 

Just now, Meowtica said:

if the projects are completely unrelated in every way, and will be totally separated... I thought advertising was against the rules? 

He wasn't advertising it, he was asking for a developer. This place is as good as any to do so

1 minute ago, Species said:

-snip-

I'm sorry if you truly think Rolle would just suddenly up and leave this huge community that he has spent years of stress forming into what it is now. People are not going to "forget" about DayZRP, we have tons of side projects. Even when ArkRP popped up, it wasn't a big deal. It's two different scenarios, this is apocalyptic RP and people come here to play that. And I don't get where you are getting your thought that DayZRP is no longer going to be getting advertisement. Like Rolle said, this is going to be seporate from DayZRP anyway, its not going to be affecting it... why would that effect our advertisement? And yes, donations are given for nothing in return, but Rolle just so happens to be nice enough to give you something in return, he doesn't have to. So if he doesn't want to tell you something, he doesn't have to. You are not customers, no matter how many people wanna continue that meme and say DayZRP is a business, it's not, it's a community. 

4 minutes ago, Meowtica said:

This was pointed out and ignored but I think because its the Owners they can do as they please.

5 minutes ago, dadingleman said:

He wasn't advertising it, he was asking for a developer. This place is as good as any to do so

Going to put this out there, this is because I am kind of confused about what you just said, So if was someone from a different role play community would i be allowed to sign up here play on the server for about a week or so and then post a thread saying that I want a staff team or a person to help me out over at @ the other website? And say what that website was? this will still be advertising in some way because it is making people aware of it ? 

Edited by Bradley

Just now, Wong said:

This was pointed out and ignored but I think because its the Owners they can do as they please.

How is asking for a developer advertising?

-User was warned for this post-

1 minute ago, Dishes said:

And yes, donations are given for nothing in return, but Rolle just so happens to be nice enough to give you something in return, he doesn't have to. So if he doesn't want to tell you something, he doesn't have to. You are not customers, no matter how many people wanna continue that meme and say DayZRP is a business, it's not, it's a community. 

You must not know how this really works so I will break it down.

Donations - These are funds given to a Person or Business without getting a product in return. Hence why Rolle was put through Tax Hell last year. Since he was giving us "Premium" in return for funds they were to be taxed. As us giving him money wasn't considered a donation, but a purchase. DayZRP does fall under the genre of business, no matter how much you want to believe that the label of "Community" changes that.

Rolle provides a product, we purchase it =/= donation

1 minute ago, Bradley said:

Going to put this out there, this is because I am kind of confused about what you just said, So if was someone from a different role play community would i be allowed to sign up here play on the server for about a week or so and then post a thread saying that I want a staff team or a person to help me out over at @ the other website? 

No, because that's not what he was asking. He was asking for a developer familiar with coding. Rolle has a huge reach in here, so for him, this would be a good place to check if some of his members had this kind of experience.

He didn't advertise anything, he was asking for help.

I love how threads become a battle ground. I sure love memes.

Just now, Cloudy said:

I love how threads become a battle ground. I sure love memes.

I love how people come in, create drama in a serious thread, derail the fuck out of it and noone does shit to stop it. 

2 minutes ago, Species said:

You must not know how this really works so I will break it down.

Donations - These are funds given to a Person or Business without getting a product in return. Hence why Rolle was put through Tax Hell last year. Since he was giving us "Premium" in return for funds they were to be taxed. As us giving him money wasn't considered a donation, but a purchase. DayZRP does fall under the genre of business, no matter how much you want to believe that the label of "Community" changes that.

Rolle provides a product, we purchase it =/= donation

Are you aware that any donation, regardless of what it is, has to be taxed? If you donate a sum of money on let's say Twitch to any given streamer, they have to pay tax off of this sum.

I'm looking for someone to make me a site for my new dayz RP based server that I am making. Anyone interested? 

1 minute ago, dadingleman said:

Are you aware that any donation, regardless of what it is, has to be taxed? If you donate a sum of money on let's say Twitch to any given streamer, they have to pay tax off of this sum.

The fuck you know about taxes? Donations to a non-profit are not taxed. Please....

Edited by Thumper

2 minutes ago, dadingleman said:

No, because that's not what he was asking. He was asking for a developer familiar with coding. Rolle has a huge reach in here, so for him, this would be a good place to check if some of his members had this kind of experience.

Yes he was advertising for a different community, Owner or not if you make rules you have to follow them and lead by example.

10 minutes ago, Meowtica said:

I'm only allowed to give five reputation points a day, so I'm gonna go ahead and +1 this.

It's so strange to advertise a project "unrelated" to DayZRP and then give little to no information regarding it.

However, I am excited to see what it's about.

Can we keep this thread on topic and only post if you have something serious to say. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Cipher said:

However, I am excited to see what it's about.

Jim basically said its Identity I would post a link to their home page but I'm not the owner so I can't advertise other communities 

8 minutes ago, dadingleman said:

I know what are saying and I know that this is his website but in many people's eyes it is advertising because you are making a community or a business, I don't know what to call it, aware of something that is going on somewhere else.

"a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy."  That is what I advertisement is right? So Rolle made people notice and made some kind of announcement that  was looking for a new developer that can help him on a new project and know has said that is going to be on something different like @Meowtica said it will be against the rules?  

Edited by Bradley

13 minutes ago, Meowtica said:

I am the law.

3 minutes ago, dadingleman said:

As I've received donations through Twith the only "tax" that is taken is the cut Twitch.tv takes.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The fuck you know about taxes? Donations to a non-profit are not taxed. Please....

You are simply wrong. I'd advise you go look it up.

Scrolling through and reading I have seen some serious concerns and discussion being generated. However I have also seen some people complaining and just being petty. While I 100% understand why you all want to know more information into a new business led by people you've given your time and money in to, just wait. Sure Rolle and Jim may have less time to put towards this community since their attention will be split but they've both taken a back seat recently.

Let them do their thing. I love me a good discussion and really appreciate this thread and most of the things posted in here but let's remain civil and not take things so far out of proportion.

1 minute ago, Species said:

As I've received donations through Twith the only "tax" that is taken is the cut Twitch.tv takes.

Just found this, and hope this gives insight to this situation

"As a flesh-and-blood human being, you can't be a charity, even if you're a charity case. People can't make tax-exempt donations to you the way they can to the Red Cross or a church, but that doesn't mean you have to pay tax on money you're given. It depends on whether the IRS classes donations as a gift or income."

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

I am the law.

Oh, of course. The answer to everything. I should have known by now. I'll throw in a ;) so it seems light-hearted.