Server time (UTC): 2019-07-20, 12:29
Sign in to follow this  
Billy__

Compliant aggressors

Ok situation:

Group A initiates on Group B, none of Group B comply and a lot are gunned down. One of the people in Group B, we'll call him Jimmy, decides to comply after seeing his friends die. Jimmy then puts his hands up and is then killed a few seconds later, with the attacking party (Group A) ACKNOWLEDGING that Jimmy had his hands up.

I want to know where people stand as if this is maybe something you shouldn't do or if it is completely okay in your eye's.

Discuss  

Meh, kinda depends on the situation, but personally I wouldn't shoot someone trying to comply after seeing all of his friends gunned down. It opens some nice roleplay opportunities for all people involved. The person obviously realised he fucked with the wrong people and is now begging for his life, so I won't shoot him. 

Depends on the situation, you do have KOS rights on that person. You have every right to kill him however it doesn't further the roleplay. Personally I would take him, torture him and eventually execute him for not following our demands but i'd give good rp for the entirety of the time instead of just gunning him down with his hands up which could be seen as ruleplay.

Basically what Strider said. However, if it was constant gunfights between myself and the accused, I'd end up executing him anyway.

When he puts his hands up he's providing you the opportunity to roleplay with him, technically it would be fine to kill him and you'd be completely in your rights to do so. Killing him would be a pretty shitty thing to do though as we're here to prioritise roleplay amirite?

If he's got his hands up, you don't have to kill him. If he's the last one alive, of all his friends, I wouldn't just straight shoot him. There are other ways to deal with him. Perhaps a well RPed out execution? Or keep him alive to spread the word? Torture him? If you killed all his mates, he ain't gonna do shit. I've shot "Jimmy" before, but this was before "Ruleplay" was the staff verdict craze.

Not worth

Without repeating what's been said above too much, I agree to several points. No honest need to kill him. Send him limping back to his friends, beat him to get info, etc.

It really depends on the situation. 

Personally, if the people in group B didn't comply but they only tried to run away, they didn't try to fight back, I would keep the Jimmy alive most likely. 

If group B ran, AND shot back, then I'd for sure execute Jimmy after a well RP'd out execution. 

If I know for a fact that Jimmy is the last one alive, after his friends fought back, I'd take him hostage. However, if I think there might be more bad guys left, or the fight is still ongoing, I wouldn't be against just shooting Jimmy as you can't put yourself in a position to potentially get killed while trying to deal with a hostage in an open field in an active firefight. 

The only situation to where I'd shoot someone who had their hands up will be during an active firefight, where shots are still ringing about. Even then, I don't think I'd actually shoot the person. If someone surrenders in the tail-end of a firefight, however, and there isn't a large threat to the other party (I.E. No more shots, or everyone retreated/died.) and the person surrendering was killed without any sort of RP I'd lean on RulePlay.

Yeah, I understand some people might have anger when one of their friends is killed in a firefight and they get their hands on someone, but killing someone outside of firefights should be reserved for someone who is trying to perma, to avoid the awkward run-ins in the future. Honestly, I think the person should be captured, interrogated or tortured. Hell, imprison them like we do for long periods of time, but again for me- I don't agree with gunning a compliant hostage down as that is a missed RP opportunity in my eyes.

It seems like once pvp breaks out, most people forget to they're on a role play server. And that's not always their fault. People go into a different mode when their lives are in danger. Anyone shooting at them, or associated with a shooter, is going to die. I think that people can say that they will role play as much as they want on the forums, but when it comes to making that choice in the moment, most will just cap them. 

personally I wouldn't shoot them if they surrender. But it also depends on what they have done. If I just tried to rob someone and they ran I definitely wouldnt. If they killed a bunch of my friends or robbed me I might consider it, but still would probably spare them. It happened when Rob, Will and Alex were captured by Anarchy. They had them hostage in the barn and we killed all of the hostage takers except one. He popped out of the entrance with his hands up and it led to some fun torture with the Clowns. And a firing squad death that I'm sure you remember

At first I thought this was about me lol. How conceited of me.

The only time I have ever killed a compling hostage in this instance is if he had shot and killed one of my friends. In RP why would I give that fuck the satisfaction of life after killing my friend. If he just tried to run, but realized he would be fucked, then yes RP would take it from there.

I'll be more specific, Jimmy surrenders after shooting at us and two of his friends are still alive, it was an active firefight as well.

To me that just sounds like rule play over role play. If he is the only one left alive, it's in my minds eye that you have an obligation to RP with him at that right. Granted you do have KOS on the guy, so you can always still kill him later. 

It's a real tricky situation, since he could be trying to stall for reinforcements. Best case then would be to bag him and tag him. 

Now in the case with his friends still alive, he is a distraction. I'd drop him. That's just me though.

I honestly don't really know what the correct answer would be here. lol

Edited by Joules

Whenever possible, you should try and take captives.  However, if someone is throwing their hands up as they're being shot at for non-compliance, then their death is their own dumbass fault. :)

***NON STAFF OPINION***

If Jimmy was shooting at group A then decides to throw hands later whilst still being in an active firefight, nah. He made the choice to try and gun down and only bitched out cos his friends died. Doing that, getting killed and reporting is 100% rule armor.

However, if he didn't shoot at all, then yeah for sure take them captive.

The problem was, someone might've had a pretty itchy trigger finger. I would think about taking him hostage, but I mean, the adrenaline might make you react and shoot. Shit happens, and as stated 20 times above. It's alright to shoot him

Killing a person who has their hands up during an active firefight, where they were a participating combatant not two seconds earlier, is acceptable in my book. Whilst not a great threat, they still require one of your men to divert attention to them and exposes your party to unnecessary risk, as well as being a cheeky bit of ruleplay to avoid a death (IMO). If you're going to participate in a firefight, then you change your mind, expect no mercy from my guns.

However, if they surrender after their team has routed or all been killed, then I will usually take them into my custody. They can never expect pleasant treatment, especially if one of our own took a bullet, so I would usually interrogate and torture them before maybe even executing them (if they allow it) to maximise their enjoyment of the RP. It would make much more sense and be a whole lot more satisfying to capture them and execute them officially, instead of gatting them in the middle of Stary Sobor a few seconds after they whack F2.

Or I might let 'em go ^_^ 

Edited by Elmo

Kill them all. If they didnt want to die they should have F2'd and not tried to fight.

I think that it depends on the general mood of the RP, if no one complied originally I might just say screw you and shoot him down, then again I may feel merciful and let him live just a little bit longer to extract information. It opens a lot of possibilities either way, all down to the individual really !!