Server time (UTC): 2019-07-17, 09:31
Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

+1 Posts and Warning points

I believe this gentlemen in this report got warning points for posting a quote and a +1. 

I have asked Rolle personally if +1 posts were needed and constructive posting. I can screenshot the PM if needed. I am wondering if this stance has changed, and if not was it made public that +1ing posts would be met with points?

No, his exact post was "I think he just admitted to missID"

Something that doesn't really need to be said in a report and one liners are always frowned upon there.

-Edit- Not long ago +1 posts were deemed as unneeded posts, and were met with points unless you backed up why you were +1 the post. I think the restraints were changed to less strict when Ellie did it and wasn't met with points, which of course was pointed or and discussed over.

Edited by Species
Added more

6 minutes ago, Species said:

No, his exact post was "I think he just admitted to missID"

Something that doesn't really need to be said in a report and one liners are always frowned upon there.

That was a different post, the one that now only says "-snip-". I took a screenshot of it, will edit in later.

+1 Thumper

edit: Puush is slow on my phone. https://puu.sh/sS4Kn/380befe27e.png

Edited by Tosh

Just now, Tosh said:

That was a different post, the one that now only says "-snip-". I took a screenshot of it, will edit in later.

+1 Thumper

Ahhh thank you, hmu with that picture. I just have missed it!

However my point that I edited in still stands about why +1s are no longer favored in discussions by staff.

Hello @Thumper

He posted "+1" in a report where report-related information is only to be posted whether it be PoVs, video or responses to staff asked questions. A +1 to a PoV is neither needed or necessary.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Beni said:

Hello @Thumper

He posted "+1" in a report where report-related information is only to be posted whether it be PoVs, video or responses to staff asked questions. A +1 to a PoV is neither needed or necessary.

Thanks.

That contradicts what i have been told by Rolle himself. 

Edited by Thumper

I got warning points for +1'ing someone in a general discussion thread. So I guess it is a thing. Not really sure why though

If +1 posts are now deemed unneeded and not constructive they need to be publicly announced so people stop doing it before you issue points. No?

A little clarification would be nice I guess. I mean I'm still using the old rules if I go in game due to the new ones not being announced as being enforced.

As for +1 posts in the end of year nominations ive just been seeing them deleted with no warning at all even if they have some explanation added, maybe the forums just eat them or maybe there is something not quite right going on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ still abit weird to have one rule for one and not for another.

This has nothing to do with General discussions Thumper and you know that, it was in a report where the user in question "+1'd" another user who made a POV that was effectively a meme and got points for it, brought nothing to the table.

Reports and General Discussions are two different worlds.

IT WAS A REPORT! Go stir the pot somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, Cow said:

This has nothing to do with General discussions Thumper and you know that, it was in a report where the user in question "+1'd" another user who made a POV that was effectively a meme and got points for it, brought nothing to the table.

Reports and General Discussions are two different worlds.

IT WAS A REPORT! Go stir the pot somewhere else.

Report or not I was direcrly told that +1 posts were needed and constructive. There is no rule in the report section or elsewhere that says otherwise. Your attitude is slightly unprofessional. A simple answer of (+1 alone gets points) (+1 with a description-no points) 

Pretty easy no?

Edited by Thumper

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Report or not I was direcrly told that +1 posts were needed and constructive. There is no rule in the report section or elsewhere that says otherwise. Your attitude is slightly unprofessional. A simple answer of (+1 alone gets points) (+1 with a description-no points) 

Pretty easy no?

Are +1's allowed on the majority forums? Yes.

Quoting your friend just to say +1 on a formal report is not allowed. Reports are meant to remain clear and with as few posts as possible and a +1 adds nothing to the report. They can add to threads, sure, but not on a report.

You have gotten your answers, Thumper including a screenshot of what he did in order to earn those points.

You are well aware that this is ridiculous in its entirety and I'm disappointed because you have a tendency to make very good arguments and points when it comes to issues within the community but recently it's been lacking.

Just now, Shadows said:

Are +1's allowed on the majority forums? Yes.

Quoting your friend just to say +1 on a formal report is not allowed. Reports are meant to remain clear and with as few posts as possible and a +1 adds nothing to the report. They can add to threads, sure, but not on a report.

Thank for that professional answer Shadows. 

1 minute ago, Cow said:

You have gotten your answers, Thumper including a screenshot of what he did in order to earn those points.

You are well aware that this is ridiculous in its entirety and I'm disappointed because you have a tendency to make very good arguments and points when it comes to issues within the community but recently it's been lacking.

And you could have simply answered my question in a calm, mature, and professional way. We all have choices. 

Thank for that professional answer Shadows. 

And you could have simply answered my question in a calm, mature, and professional way. We all have choices. 

Personally I answered it calmly and like I would to anyone else I thought had been making a big issue out of something that was never even an issue.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, Thumper.

11 minutes ago, Cow said:

+1

In reports? Naw. In my mind, any bullshit that isn't a pragmatic POV or evidence needs to get thrown into the sea.

Elsewhere? I've given points to people in the past for it, on account of the fact that it's the staff policy.  It is, however, a weak ass policy when genuine rule infractions often get overlooked or simply snipped.

We're talking about a basic exercise in common sense here. I'd rather people actually say something substantial instead of "+1" or "this" but c'mon eh?

Really? you damn well know the answer for this. Stop wasting staffs time and do something productive. 

Edited by Ark

9 minutes ago, Ark said:

Really? you damn well know the answer for this. Stop wasting staffs time and do something productive. 

Really? Figured I'd at least get a 'jog on'. You are slipping.

I picked the actual answer. Staff going to close this or just let people randomly shit post?

Edited by Thumper

Really? Figured I'd at leats get a 'jog on'. You are slipping.

Jog on. You happy now? ;)

why should a +1 post are necessary in any thread?! give beanz for a post and not reply with a +1