Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 05:48
Sign in to follow this  
Fragdoge

Crops

Due to the latest LiF patch, we have all experienced the changes in crop growth periods throughout the winter.  Now that winter is over however, many rejoiced, perhaps too early.  In order for crops to grow effectively, it still needs around 9-12 ticks ( ingame days ) of 'good' weather.  To define good weather, it should be mostly sunny days with short periods of rain in between. For the past ingame week + it has been raining almost non-stop, making crop growth stil slow to the point of being crippling, and when they do mature they will most likely produce low yields.  

Now I've done some reading on this topic, and the weather file of the server is not completely random, on the same day each year the same type of weather will be produced. I am wondering if the LiF team could perhaps look into a way to make the weather conditions overall slightly better. To me, 9 full RL hours to have a farm produce some yield is already a decent amount of time ( This is with optimal weather conditions ).  Now with the new growth system, it can take up to a full RL week or even longer for a farm to mature depending on the weather. Sure, this beats the winter period. But In the weeks I've been on the server ( started just before the winter ), I've not seen a single harvest anywhere on the server. As linen is virtually used for everything and straw is used for building barns/stables and feeding the animals, having a steady supply is crucial. 

Thank you for the long read, hope everyone can share their thoughts on the situation and offer some feedback perhaps.

Edited by Fragdoge

Agreed, please look into changing this LiF team!

Not much we can do about this. This is a mechanic of the game that we cannot change. Plant your crops and wait it out, I'm afraid we cannot help you. We're literally two days into spring, give it time.

Sign in to follow this