Server time (UTC): 2019-10-17, 13:58
Sign in to follow this  
Hex

Arma 3 RP

Hello everyone, Lately I've been trying to think of some fun additions to the DayZRP community and I think I've got something that could be good, Arma 3 RP. Now to say this first, DayZRP does not have a good history with side projects in that they usually die off within a few weeks or a month max, with all attention diverting back to DayZ and rightfully so. That being said, the idea had to be flexible enough to actually be able to work when people were in the mood for it, something that could be up and have players to fill empty slots as opposed to a ghost town draining money. The idea itself is pretty simple, utilizing Zeus or pre-existing missions in general with a custom mod pack, let people RP throughout a story line in an almost D&D esq way, where people could develop characters in different situation depending on who is 'DMing' essentially. 

Example: Someone in the Zeus slot has created a custom mission while the party, a squad of five who are roleplaying as private contractors operating in a war torn region of Africa, kit up in their base of operations before heading into the briefing room so that the DM can explain to them the situation and their current mission. The mission outlined is where the team has to move into a town and destroy a weapons cache used by the local rebels. Utilizing Zeus, the DM can effectivly jump into the body of any NPC or enemy or friendly encountered by the group in a very D&D fashion, using them to chat with the party as the character he took over, play the roll of a single sniper or a friendly unit assisting the party. The party, being so small and fighting a much larger force has to specialize in what they take with them as they can only carry so much equipment, thus giving rise to individual roles within the group. 

I dunno what people will think of this but I think it could be the base for something that could be a fun little side project thats not super serious, just something to pass the time or do something a little different or have people tell interesting stories for others to indulge in. I do know that all this sounds terribly like a life mod, but its not really so large or persistent, the only real thing that would be persistent would be the story of your character. Thoughts?

Arma 3 project life mod is in beta and amazing RP, would love to give it a go on a serious server with persistent players. The RP potential of that mod is amazing, everything is player driven, from growing food to mining for oil for cars.

36 minutes ago, Misho said:

Arma 3 project life mod is in beta and amazing RP, would love to give it a go on a serious server with persistent players. The RP potential of that mod is amazing, everything is player driven, from growing food to mining for oil for cars.

The ArmA 3 Project Life RPG mod is a private project, if we were to use that we could get into a lot of issues unless they have opened it up to other communities. If you wanted a life RPG it would be better to just use the Altis Life framework and build it up from there with a bunch of developers. But using stuff like ArmA 3 Project Life is a big no no.

There is a very large range of things you could do on ArmA anyway, you could do stuff like MILSIM (Military Simulation) all the way to life RPG's the development possibilities for the game are pretty expansive.

Edited by HebiKotei

1 hour ago, HebiKotei said:

The ArmA 3 Project Life RPG mod is a private project

Ouch, didn't know that. Still, as you say ArmA 3 opens up for so much more amazing stuff compared to DayZSA, sure there are communities for that but I think DayZRP could benefit from a A3 server with some kind of RP setup, graphically and optimization wise it's even better than current SA.

You could always try exile with ryan's zombies and demons for the zombies. That could work. Then maybe add some CUP mods for more clothes and vehicles and stuff.

This has been a while!

I have see a lot of people streaming this -snip- I watched it for hours cause it brought back so many memories of DayZRP Mod (everyone will slate it) but this is what made DayZRP such a stand out community to other servers and communities. I am not saying bring the mod back, but if you are looking into an arma 3 server why not try and give an Arma 3 DayZ server ago. Arma 3 is such a better game than SA or Arma 2 which make me believe this could go in a good direction, just a thought as DayZRP has rules and cba to be KoS from 2k out by some neckbeard in a bush! 

I love arma 3 and I would love to see a long lasting arma 3 RP server

9 hours ago, PCJames said:

I love arma 3 and I would love to see a long lasting arma 3 RP server

Yeah same! Arma 3 Viruz looks good, but would love DayZRP to do something with it or something similar! Or something different!