Server time (UTC): 2019-07-17, 09:27
Sign in to follow this  
Roger

Space Station 13 RP server or weekly game night

Some of you might have heard of a quirky little game by the name space station 13. I personally thing alot of people in this community would enjoy it, and we could very easily set up a server; or bum off another well populated server. 

What is Space Station 13 (SS13)?

SS13 is a dream weaver based game with the graphics being drawn imagery, so sprites and tiles (It doesn't sound like much but its not bad at all). The game is based off rounds which are known as crew shifts, every person is a member of the crew with a specific job and/or an antagonist with a special mission and tools to complete it. For example a scientist is tasked with researching new technology and creating prototypes (Often better than what can be found on the station), fucking around with telescience (Teleporting things, and generally fuckery), Chemical experiments (Basically how to best kill monkeys with all kinds of terrible things), and finally Xeno biology (Breeding slimes and trying not to die). This is all for one profession of the many that represent the total crew on the ship. Some positions like scientist have a higher amount of people filling it, where as Captain and heads of staff are one person per position. 

Antagonist are randomly selected at the start of the round (Sometimes more are added as the round progresses), one example of Antagonists are traitors. Traitors are randomly selected at the start of the round from the players on the station, no one knows who the traitors are, not even other traitors (They are given code phrases to help them figure out who fellow traitors are). Every traitor has a unique goal which ranges anywhere from theft of specific items, to dismembering or killing a specific crew member, or even making sure no one leaves the station alive. To complete these objectives they are given an ability to buy special traitor items from a PDA (Think something like TTT in garry's mod, but far more options). These items range from high visibility weapons like energy swords, to stealthy things like paralysis pens, or even ways to circumvent the A.I and bend him to your will (A.I is also a player).

Assisting the crew is the station's A.I..which is also a player. They have a physical A.I core located in the A.I core of the station (So they can be destoyed). They are able to interact with the electronics on the station, and see through the camera's that are active on the station. Useful for dealing with enviromental issues such as venting toxins from a room, but generally just there to open doors for lazy crew members.

If anyone is interested I'm sure we can figure something out, perhaps get a bunch of people onto a public server, see how people do and later on if it picks up get a server for the community.

http://www.spacestation13.com/

https://wiki.baystation12.net/

Nice i would be up for joining this for a bit :) 

Game sounds and looks decent overall. If I could learn how to lay it, I sure would play it!

A screenshot or two wouldn't hurt :D

Like, I'll post some I found, but don't take your conclusions off these ones, since they might be old or something. You never know.

Spoiler

14070032424_4dbee3b254_o.png

1500085-gibbed__3_moon_facility_30_2010_

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

Woah. That's a blast from the past.

My sweet Janitor RP will blow your mind.

I want in, this could be a blast of a game night.

I played it a while ago, it was fun, sometimes. Some other times you get random people who aren't really there to roleplay and just to fuck with the server, that's not cool. I'd be willing to give it another chance in a more controlled environment.

I play regularly, if you want an RP server that is good and doesn't allow BS you can all crash at just go to Apollo.
Spent many years there and they have a good RP structure.

Hell you can even meet ED the Qm monkey who is based off yours truly. 

Just tell kwask that LastPlaceHero sent ya

Edited by LastPlaceHero

If you lot managed to get a server up and its on bay code, feel free to message me and I'd be more than happy to help orient your new team of admins. I've been around the variables a few times and can teach them how to sort through all the logs, check variables, and back-trace what all character's and ckey's (usernames.) touched what item when.