Server time (UTC): 2019-10-18, 05:04
Sign in to follow this  
mrecksie

Banned for not reporting a POV in time

Sean Anderson PoV: I had only seen 3 players at one given moment, and I was tired at the time so I wasn't paying attention to changes in their clothing, so I thought there were only 3. Sean has an emotional attachment to his SVD, as it was what he used to kill his wife, so in character I wanted it back, and when I got the chance to complain about other gear I took it. After I had left the church I remembered the, as I presumed, leader tell them to go to Vybor, so I ran the opposite way. I saw a lady walk up and talk to someone that I couldn't see, but once he responded I knew it was him. I flanked around to peek around the corner when one of them turned around, so I quickly ducked down. I looked back and only saw two of them, and assumed that I could kill them both. I killed Ondrej and couldn't line up the shot on the second guy, so I turned and ran to where I thought no one was, as the 3rd obviously didn't go that way or I would've been spotted. Once the shots started I was bobbing and weaving, and I tried to hop a fence unsuccessfully (My character wouldn't vault for some reason), and because of this I ran straight into one of them. Honestly I'm amazed they burned 3 or so magazines trying to kill me before they even hit me.

Note: I was left with 5 bullets and an FNX, but absolutely no food or water. Only 2 magazines left that were from my 1911

@mrecksie Your temp ban has been lifted. Please keep an eye on this appeal as we might have further questions for you.

@mrecksie Please use the proper template found here, if you fail to do so in 24 hours your ban appeal will be closed and you will be temp banned again.

I'm looking for the proper template, I had tried to do so originally but I couldn't find it, where in that link can I find it?

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): INSERT_LINK_HERE 

Why the verdict is not fair: INSERT_TEXT_HERE 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: INSERT_TEXT_HERE 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: INSERT_TEXT_HERE 

What could you have done better?: INSERT_TEXT_HERE 

Completely down on the bottom of the link

Thanks

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: No reason that it's not fair, I just didn't think to check the forums after the incident

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: 

I had only seen 3 players at one given moment, and I was tired at the time so I wasn't paying attention to changes in their clothing, so I thought there were only 3. Sean has an emotional attachment to his SVD, as it was what he used to kill his wife, so in character I wanted it back, and when I got the chance to complain about other gear I took it. After I had left the church I remembered the, as I presumed, leader tell them to go to Vybor, so I ran the opposite way. I saw a lady walk up and talk to someone that I couldn't see, but once he responded I knew it was him. I flanked around to peek around the corner when one of them turned around, so I quickly ducked down. I looked back and only saw two of them, and assumed that I could kill them both. I killed Ondrej and couldn't line up the shot on the second guy, so I turned and ran to where I thought no one was, as the 3rd obviously didn't go that way or I would've been spotted. Once the shots started I was bobbing and weaving, and I tried to hop a fence unsuccessfully (My character wouldn't vault for some reason), and because of this I ran straight into one of them. Honestly I'm amazed they burned 3 or so magazines trying to kill me before they even hit me.

Note: I was left with 5 bullets and an FNX, but absolutely no food or water. Only 2 magazines left that were from my 1911

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Removing my temp ban

What could you have done better?: I could've waited for a more perfect moment to strike, or just left the situation

@Strider In the original report you stated you ran the video file through a renderer and it was pitch black. If there is anything salvageable from the video, perhaps running it though the auto-magic-fix-it-all button of youtube, it would greatly help. Thank you.

@mrecksie It is mentioned several times in POVs of the original report that no one was able to locate your SVD, hence why you were given the FNX45. With that said, what were you planning on achieving since it appeared no one had your SVD? Did you have reason to believe they had it and were simply lying to you?

Just now, Oliv said:

@Strider In the original report you stated you ran the video file through a renderer and it was pitch black. If there is anything salvageable from the video, perhaps running it though the auto-magic-fix-it-all button of youtube, it would greatly help. Thank you.

I brought it in Adobe Premiere and tried everything to just get something out of it but it's just a motion of black colors moving around with no sound, so no, I don't have anything.

Just now, Strider said:

I brought it in Adobe Premiere and tried everything to just get something out of it but it's just a motion of black colors moving around with no sound, so no, I don't have anything.

Thank you for the quick response. We will let you know if we need anything further.

9 minutes ago, Oliv said:

@mrecksie It is mentioned several times in POVs of the original report that no one was able to locate your SVD, hence why you were given the FNX45. With that said, what were you planning on achieving since it appeared no one had your SVD? Did you have reason to believe they had it and were simply lying to you?

One of their guys stripped me down, with the exception of my pants and shirt. Before that they disarmed me and one of their guys walked off with it, I thought that he had it, and since I saw 3 of them I assumed that the guy that walked away from the conversation had it.

@mrecksie

In the situation at hand, you are taken captive along with others, your items taken from you to ensure the hostage takers safety, and then released. When released, you ask about your SVD to which no one seems to be able to locate. You are then given a weapon with limited ammunition to defend yourself with and sent on your way. Rather than leave the situation completely you return in order to try and recover your SVD, shoot and kill one of the hostage takers, and are then later killed yourself by his allies.

Due to not having enough evidence in order to determine how many people you may have been up against, their positioning, types of weapons, and so on, we have come to a conclusion that no verdict can be reached.

We would like to point out however that your character becoming attached to such an item as a weapon and the reasoning for it do not negate the fact that you went after possibly several people that could be heavily armed with a low to mid-range weapon with limited ammunition. You must always show value for the life of your character. A reason such as "Sean has an emotional attachment to his SVD, as it was what he used to kill his wife, so in character I wanted it back". Your wife is dead, you're dead, and your SVD is still missing.

Again, due to not having enough evidence no verdict can be reached. We find this report to be inconclusive due to lack of evidence. No action taken.