Server time (UTC): 2019-10-16, 10:54
Sign in to follow this  
Fluffy Knight

Constant Lag on S2 US

So me and my friends like to play on the US server (Friend has "meh" Internet), but it is becoming really hard to do anything on the server when we end up experiencing lag so bad. That we are constantly rubber banding every 20 seconds. I know this has happened with someone else I met on said server. Is the servers being ddos'd or does the US server need to be moved? Is the lag usually low on the EU one? The lag isn't every time we connect, but the past 3 days it's happened when we connect and have had to wait an hour or 2 to see if the connection is stable (Which is usually is).

Are there any large camps on S2? May have something to do with it.

Well, I moved across the map a lot in the past 24 hours. I never experienced any of what you said. I may have had a few issues of chucking things into my hands and it took awhile for it to happen. But I never experienced anything that of rubber banding.

In saying that, I was on the server whilst there was around 30 players. You are probably on the server when its as maximum capacity. Everyone moving around and doing stuff can always disrupt server performance. 

Cheers :) 

4 minutes ago, Noxious said:

Well, I moved across the map a lot in the past 24 hours. I never experienced any of what you said. I may have had a few issues of chucking things into my hands and it took awhile for it to happen. But I never experienced anything that of rubber banding.

In saying that, I was on the server whilst there was around 30 players. You are probably on the server when its as maximum capacity. Everyone moving around and doing stuff can always disrupt server performance. 

Cheers :) 

We were on about 40 minutes ago and there was only 8 other people. The inventory was slow and we were both rubber banding. Normally I would say this is just my friends Internet, but like I said both of us where experiencing the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, Fluffy Knight said:

We were on about 40 minutes ago and there was only 8 other people. The inventory was slow and we were both rubber banding. Normally I would say this is just my friends Internet, but like I said both of us where experiencing the exact same thing.

Yeah thats very odd. 

5 minutes ago, Mental said:

Mental? You may need to document this and supply this into Staff chat or something. This amount of lag is something no player should experience while playing on our servers :) 

same here...was rubberbanding back to the same location for 25 minutes or so..as far sa camps ive found at least 4 large camps at least 4-9 military tents big full of stuff

9 minutes ago, Noxious said:

Yeah thats very odd. 

Mental? You may need to document this and supply this into Staff chat or something. This amount of lag is something no player should experience while playing on our servers :) 

Truth ^ ;)

Lagging so hard, please wipe it 

Well i'm going to be 'that' guy.

When 101 had their camp up at stary yar, the server was lagging and desyncing a lot. We went up there and took down 37 tents, and left them with 5-7. Shortly after, the lag and desync started clearing up and soon the server was playing again.

Im saying this as a community member, not a staff member: PLEASE moderate the size of your camps.

I was on there I spent 15 mins rubber banding and was not able to pick anything up 

I was rubberbanding so hard I felt like freaking Nightcrawler, and it took me over ten minutes to eat a box of cereal. Was in Vybor at the time, I don't THINK there were any camps nearby.

Rubberbanding has been real the last few times I've played on S2.

Just now, FiftyFootAnt said:

I was rubberbanding so hard I felt like freaking Nightcrawler, and it took me over ten minutes to eat a box of cereal. Was in Vybor at the time, I don't THINK there were any camps nearby.

Doesn't matter if they're nearby or not, if they're big enough they'll fuck with the server.

5 minutes ago, Mental said:

-

101 Doesn't have a camp anymore :D:D

Maybe dropping all those tents on the floor is causing the lag mate.

Just now, Alex said:

101 Doesn't have a camp anymore :D:D

Maybe dropping all those tents on the floor is causing the lag mate.

Well once they despawned, server was fine ;)

This was a few months ago.

Just now, Mental said:

This was a few months ago.

This thread went up an hour ago :D

Just now, Alex said:

This thread went up an hour ago :D

I was talking about how large camps can effect the server, seeing as its happening again :D

Despite my geography, I've normally found S2 to be perfectly playable at around 120ms. However, in the last week or so, I simply haven't been able to play on S2 without severe rubber banding, inventory latency etc.

Doesn't bother me too much on account of the fact that it's a North American server for people in that part of the world, but it would be nice to have the option of S2 if S1 is full! 

1 minute ago, Plank said:

Despite my geography, I've normally found S2 to be perfectly playable at around 120ms. However, in the last week or so, I simply haven't been able to play on S2 without severe rubber banding, inventory latency etc.

Doesn't bother me too much on account of the fact that it's a North American server for people in that part of the world, but it would be nice to have the option of S2 if S1 is full! 

I'm on the East cost and I Get what your have..

At this point you'd probably get less lag playing on an Australian server. It could be a multitude of things leading to the server lagging though ... time for a map wipe?

As far as server lag, it's been happening a lot recently especially with rubber banding. Large camps don't really lag the entire server themselves, more so the loot from the camps. I know for a fact that thousands of items dropped on the ground cause server wide lag (had this issue before with people farming), so honestly finding a camp of a few thousand items and emptying those tents out is a very, very bad idea. It can crash clients, cause rubber banding, the whole package.

Try restarting it??????  @Alex

never know

Just now, S.Bradley said:

Try restarting it??????  @Alex

never know

Server restarts every 6 hours, this has been happening for a few days, maybe more.

19 minutes ago, Stradic said:

At this point you'd probably get less lag playing on an Australian server. It could be a multitude of things leading to the server lagging though ... time for a map wipe?

Rip barrels then aye ;)