Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 04:41
Sign in to follow this  
Wumbyyy

Re-Living [JW]

I'm going to start a "journal" of sorts. My character, Jack Warren, is getting close to the one year mark of being on the server. So I am going to be writing some in character journal entries on the experiences he has had so far. They will be detailed with stories, as well as his current mindset and how it shaped and molded throughout time. People who know my character in game know that he is very developed, and I want to share the progression in another way then just writing up a back story. Hope someone enjoys it. 

DH5GjK3.png

Entry #1

I woke up this morning and looked at the make shift calendar I had on my desk. Almost one year. It shocked me a little bit at first. I started to think about my friends, my business, my life. There are so many things that I want to write down before I go. Which to be fair could be soon. People need to understand why it happened the way it did. Sure most people won't care, but there are a few that will. There are a few that I want know the truth. So many times I have met new people, and they refer to me as the "the slaver". I'm more than that. So many of my friends are gone. Vlad, Jake, and who knows where Lyca went. I have new friends though. The time I spent in that prison got me out of the loop. Hopefully I find some of them again. I tried so hard to gain the respect I needed to survive around here. I hurt a lot of people. I tricked a lot of people. But I'm not a bad person. I've done bad things, I suppose so, but I need to let the people I care about know the truth. Hopefully I get to put a few entries into this thing before the wrong person finds me. Every time I see a stranger, I wonder if they were affected by the business, one way or another, and that they want to hurt me. I can't live looking over my shoulder anymore. It's time to get this all into words. I guess I'll leave it in the desk drawer, next to Sadie's picture. 

Well, I guess I have to start somewhere, like any other story I'll start at the beginning. The way I got here is now irrelevant. Kabinino, the town where I meet Francis and Vlad. These guys were the definition of sketchy. But so was I. I was under a lot of pressure from Ollie and his guys. I made a deal to get him some people. They had a different taste in food then most normal people out there. I couldn't do it myself. We talked for awhile, around a fire. Eventually I asked if they wanted in. They both accepted and the entire fucking thing was born right there. We decided to call ourselves Brokers. We had to get five people for this guy Ollie. By the next day, we had done it. And along the way we had picked up a few more guys to help us out. We didn't plan on keeping this going, but we found out that this market of sorts, was larger than we thought. So we took a vote. We voted to keep it going. The Brokers had started, and we had no idea what it would become. 

Keep 'em coming boss.

Frothy 

nice wumble

Looking forwards to reading more of this. :)

9 hours ago, Wumby said:

But I'm not a bad person

Funny. Looking forward to getting to know Jack better.

Entry #2

None of us had any idea where to start. All we knew how to do was point our guns and well, you know the rest. I knew how to talk though. We figured it was dangerous to just constantly take people off the streets. Choosing wisely was the biggest challenge out of the entire thing. Who would be taken. When they would be taken. Of course before anything we had to decide if that certain person would be worth anything. This took its own toll on all of us. Pricing human beings. Putting a value of material goods on their head. It wasn't normal. I'm not saying we were crazy or insane people, but it slowly chipped away at most of the guys minds. 

Once we had decided to take someone, we had to get them somewhere. Freeport wasn't a thing yet so we had to improvise. Usually the woods. Towns were too much to look over while we talked to this person. They were still a person at this point. They could still speak to us, beg us for their life. I would always explain to them that I had no intention of killing them. That made them rest their minds for the time being. Knowing you wouldn't die always seemed to make it better. We would get to a nice spot. I would have a few guys set up a small perimeter, just in case. Vlad was always by my side. Every time. Jake was there as well. I would explain to them who I was, and then who we all were. Sometimes they would know what was going to happen, but at the beginning, it was always the same response. "If you're not going to kill me, then what do you want". I would smile. I would explain to them our trade. This is the point where they would stop being a person. They no longer begged for their life. Their emotions left their body. The mind does crazy things at the mention of slavery. Knowing is the worst part. At this point a lot of them wanted to die. Vlad would always be the one to mark them. The symbol of the business. A triangle, with two vertical lines through the center. I would explain to them that this meant they were mine. You couldn't always sell them right away. Some times we let them go, and when we needed them later, we would look for the mark. It was carved, on the inside of their left wrist. Small, but effective. Now, discussing the actual act of selling them, is for another time. I'm tired, so I may head to sleep for the night. Well see about tomorrow. 

I miss Jack Warren. Good read Wumby. Hope to get back in RP with you soon.

2 minutes ago, Keira said:

I miss Jack Warren. Good read Wumby. Hope to get back in RP with you soon.

retweet. Get active again soon!!!

and thank you <3

Shoulda made a blog. Good read Wumbo

10 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Shoulda made a blog. Good read Wumbo

A blog? Stop it. 

But thanks Castiel

I don't really wanna read these because I want to figure them out in character first ;D! 

Keep these comin' tho. I can't wait till you get to when you finally meet my character!

Going to try and do these twice a day till I catch up to the current times. 

Entry #3

Selling someone else. Most people might find this the hardest part, but in my time I've found that this can sometimes be the easiest. I once had a friend. We talked a lot and soon became some what of enemies. She disappeared and so did I. The friendship started out kind of rough but I think it became something better. One of the last times I saw her, I told her something. What I told her explains the situation pretty well. I'll try to quote myself word for word. 

"Ya know Jenny, people change. No one is the same anymore. I dont care if you build a wall around a small house, and then put a white picket fence around that wall. Its been a long time since anyone around here did anything normal. Being different is normal now. People look at the old normal and are suspicious. Its all an act to be normal..." 

And so on and so on. So how does that relate? Selling people is..well, different. In the old normal it wasn't accepted, but people are different now. Sure you can keep your values and morals in the back of your soon to be rotting brain, but when you make decisions now, you do what you do because of that new person you are. If I can explain to someone how owning another human being will help them survive a little while longer, than who are they to deny that service. The need to survive is here more than ever. People need it, and they need all the help they can get. The initial shock may go against everything they believe in. But it sets in, and they realize they are not the same person anymore. They do not have the same values and morals anymore. So they purchase another human being. I sort of relate this to selling your soul to the devil himself. With the old normal, there is nothing more disgusting. There is nothing more vulgar and inhumane than this act, maybe murder. Although, are you not killing that persons soul? They are alive. They have brain function and can walk and talk. But are they living on the inside after being sold as meat. Depends on the person I guess. The more and more you do it, the easier it becomes. The more and more you do it, the less you sell for. Anything will do. It doesn't matter. Its a cycle that catches you and doesn't let go till its sucked anything positive from your mind. Catching people is easy, selling them..

Thats when the fun begins. 

Like peas and carrots!

Sign in to follow this