Server time (UTC): 2019-07-17, 03:30
Sign in to follow this  
SirGunman

In-Game Lore and How Do We Roleplay It?

Hi everyone,

So by in-game lore, I mean stuff you don't read on the lore page on the official website such as the groups, the communities and content that happily includes a number of survivors to come together. Although, I am finding it difficult to figure out how to approach some things.

There are also some events or community related content that is announced on radio chatter so random strangers can participate. I'm not really sure how to respond to this IC (In-Character) and I am hoping to hear from you guys how you all roleplay with all this happening?

Is everyone all chill and in the process of getting civilization back? At the same time, there are bandit groups that could hear in on these innocent events happening in a post-apocalyptic world.

Basically it depends on your character. What experiences they have had in game and such. 

For example. If I get captured by The Gamblers, and they tell some stuff about them, including their name, I am then allowed to know that information ICly

50 minutes ago, Wumby said:

Basically it depends on your character. What experiences they have had in game and such.

For example. If I get captured by The Gamblers, and they tell some stuff about them, including their name, I am then allowed to know that information ICly

Yeah ^. Just make sure you never use the info you hear in Teamspeak or on the forums in game. Alot of people can always tell when the info you are saying in-game has been meta-gamed :) 

19 minutes ago, Noxious said:

Yeah ^. Just make sure you never use the info you hear in Teamspeak or on the forums in game. Alot of people can always tell when the info you are saying in-game has been meta-gamed :) 

Thats not entirely true. Open freq radio chatters can be known ICly. As well as information you receive from your dynamic on TS. 

Just now, Wumby said:

Thats not entirely true. Open freq radio chatters can be known ICly. As well as information you receive from your dynamic on TS. 

Well your right, I should have stated which ones are okay on the forums and on TS. 

Radio Chatters- Forums

IC Freqs- TS 

Basically it? 

34 minutes ago, Noxious said:

Well your right, I should have stated which ones are okay on the forums and on TS. 

Radio Chatters- Forums

IC Freqs- TS 

Basically it? 

Well the map you could use but I'm not sure if thats a thing anymore 

Open and private frequencies are in reality not very realistic since anyone could tune in on whatever frequency they wanted (like with the in-game walkie-talkies). However, it is the only forum way to control who is allowed to use information from the chatters and not. There have been discussions if private frequency even should be published for everyone to see since it will give people the chance to metagame. So make sure you NEVER use information from them when not allowed to. People get triggered by this and it might result in you getting points.

[Open Frequency] = They have tuned in to a random frequency that you can pretend you were also on at the time they were speaking to hear it. If you see the radio chatter a few hours/days after it was made it could be smart to start off with an excuse why it took you so long to respond, example; "Alec had been busy fighting the last days, finally he had time to contact her back".

[Private Frequency] = They have tuned into a frequency they have given to an x number of people. Unless you know for sure and have confirmed with them that you IC have this frequency, you can't respond nor use the information in-game. If you have it then you are free to radio chatter back by following the radio chatter rules .

Unknown = Some people make radio chatters without mentioning in the title of the thread. These you are free to post on just like open frequencies, as long as they haven't written something in the OP similar to; "Alec tunes in on the frequency he only shares with Aurora"

When creating a character you can let them have some knowledge that is known to most survivors in South Zagoria. Let's say a group spread information about themselves on an open frequency radio that they hold a trading camp in Cherno. Then you are allowed to use this information even if you did not play the character at the time. Because when you make a character isn't like they haven't lived before "you took control of them".