Server time (UTC): 2019-10-17, 21:56
Sign in to follow this  
DavidBlake

Whitelist abusdity

I'm honestly confused and concerned with the fact that each time you make a mistake you have to wait four hours that stack each time. Do you know how long four hours are? It's a 1/4 of an average person's day and each time you add more time it gets worse.

I don't know how long it's been like this, but to me it is absurd. If someone makes a mistake due to unclear options to answer with he should not be waiting four hours to correct ONE mistake. One hour per mistake sounds much better because one hour is about one Dota 2 match or one CSGO competitive match. Besides, if the plan was to cause "memory loss", it's kinda pointless since you can just take screenshots.

To the point however... why is it the way it is?

Noticed a typo in the title. Absurdity*

Edited by DavidBlake

The 'absurd' wait times are put in place to give you more time to learn from the mistakes that you've made on your previous applications. This time also allows you to re-read the rules and the lore once again to make sure that you properly know the rules and lore. 

Please be patient with the whitelist application; it is most definitely worth it. And if you need any help with your other whitelist attempts, don't hesitate to join the helpdesk.

its there so you can reflect on your mistakes and do it to the best of your ability the next time after reading the rules again. Patience shows dedication to join the server. 

If  you don't want to wait, read the rules and don't aswer the questions wrong. Good luck.

Edited by Charlie

1 minute ago, Charlie said:

its there so you can reflect on your mistakes and do it to the best of your ability the next time after reading the rules again. Patience shows dedication to join the server. 

If  you don't want to wait, read the rules and don't aswer the questions wrong. Good luck.

+1

If you think it's bad now shoulda been here when the whitelist wasn't stupidly easy tbh.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much what was stated above. Its designed so you take more caution when doing the whitelist application and have a clear understanding of the rules so mistakes aren't made in-game and you end up finding yourself permanently banned from the server.

Remember as well that when doing the application if you come across something you are unsure of you can message the support staff for assistance or go into the helpdesk on teamspeak.

Best of luck with it all.

To get into this community you need to know the rules. Not all but one rule, not all but two rules but "The Rules"

Getting a question wrong on one rule means that you don't know "The Rules". The wait time is just time that lets you reflect and learn the rules. There's nothing absurd about it

And about the rules being unclear, the questions and rules were unclear then I don't know how I passed white list first time tbh. There's nothing unclear about them its just the way you perceive them to be

Take me back when we had to wait 24 hours between attempts. Know why? Because you needed to go back and make sure you understood the rules, not that you just Ctrl+F'd them to find answers. Even since this new whitelist came in, the time was cut from 6 to 4 hours. Clearly if you're missing questions, you're not understanding everything thoroughly enough. On top of that, you have staff to help you. No excuses to repeat it.

Taking screenshots won't help you either since questions are random. ^_^

25 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Take me back when we had to wait 24 hours between attempts. Know why? Because you needed to go back and make sure you understood the rules, not that you just Ctrl+F'd them to find answers. Even since this new whitelist came in, the time was cut from 6 to 4 hours. Clearly if you're missing questions, you're not understanding everything thoroughly enough. On top of that, you have staff to help you. No excuses to repeat it.

Taking screenshots won't help you either since questions are random. ^_^

Yeah, noticed that one on take 2. Well played.

And it's okay, I understand now. I suppose it's just frustrating to want to join a server you want to try and you know you can't

@DavidBlake If you feel your question has been answered, please click the green check mark on whatever answer you think is the best answer. This lets us know that your question is solved and no longer needs and answer.

Edited by Dusty

Hello @DavidBlake a few things:

As my boy @Dusty said, if you feel your question has been answered, please check the green check mark on which ever person you think has given the best answer... Also,

We have the cooldown system in place to pretty much help you learn from your mistake. if we let you just re-apply people would probably end up making the same mistakes... So, instead of this... We have to cooldown system in place so that people get that sense of like, fear of failing the whitelist? So that way they will triple check their answers and read the rules thoroughly to make sure of this.