Server time (UTC): 2019-07-17, 17:36
Sign in to follow this  
Furlean

Any point of using snaploaders and speedloaders?

Heres a question for those familiar with DayZ.

Is there any point of using snaploaders, stripper clips and speedloaders for certain weapons anymore now we can drag ammo into the action bar and use selected numbers on the action bar to reload weapons by the press of a button? This is my understanding of reloading mechanics atm so thats why I am asking the question,

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by furlean

its pretty much a broken mechanic at this point. There is no need for them unless you want to properly RP out reloading your weapons with them

I remember back in the days speedloaders and such were the only way to reload your gun without opening your inventory but now, I'm honestly not sure.

Yeah I too remember when stripper clips had purpose, the hotbar kinda outdated that item.

But not only internal-magazine weapons; regardless of how many rounds were in your magazine fed rifle, hitting R would swap mags. Now, you just put mags on the hotbar too.

they're pretty useless now. I usually just take the bullets out of it and leave the speedloader itself.

Always handy to have them so you can have them on your hotbar, much easier than click and dragging.

9 minutes ago, Mental said:

Always handy to have them so you can have them on your hotbar, much easier than click and dragging.

You can have the bullets on your hotbar and it will do the exact same thing, hence why they aren't really useful anymore

1 minute ago, mclolable said:

You can have the bullets on your hotbar and it will do the exact same thing, hence why they aren't really useful anymore

Well there's something I didn't know :D

Just now, Mental said:

Well there's something I didn't know :D

one to take to the bank :) pretty helpful in a firefight 

I have honestly never had to use the speedloaders after being able to place my ammunition in the hot bar so no I guess there redundant at this point in time.

Yeah I never use them at all, only the stack of ammo in my hotbar