Server time: 2019-02-24, 06:17 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Wilderbilly

DayzRP's future mods

23 hours ago, Staggs said:

GIVE ME MY BLOODY HOODIES!

This is as well as the the different uses for a burlap sack. Like the hood and shit. Thats DANK

Custom vehicles, something like ACE for the medical and interaction system and something like http://radio.task-force.ru/en/ do that we can move away from in-game VOIP and have better quality speech.

Trench coats. goddamn it! I need to fulfill my fantasy of being a legit Fallout style desert ranger in an apocalypse 

On 12/4/2016 at 5:41 PM, Keira said:

However with the new website, I cannot seem to get them to pull up or load properly...

Keira plz <3

But uuhh I don't think DayZ Standalone is really getting any closer to mods, atleast ones that will be useful to DayZRP since modding the game is currently against their fair use laws that the devs edited in response to those modded Russian servers. A while back they even stated that Standalone would release without mod support... if they chose to change that (and I wouldn't be surprised if they did), it would be when the game was fully released... which is no time soon so...

I'd like to see a mod where the game filters out people who hold you up for your half-digested dorito.

Anyone else?

Edited by LennyCT
Love you Rolle

There are several things that everyone would like to add when DayZ Standalone is releasing Mod Support, it can be weapons, vehicles, character appearance, clothing, hunting / farmer, typical survival elements from other games.
I myself would like to see more options for interaction and especially more clothes or an opportunity to pull up the sleeves on jacks, shirts (Plus other interaction for clothes) and even scars or an opportunity to make tattoos.

Edited by Miniblåsan

Hairstyles and more vehicles would bee cool too. 

I'm just waiting for 0.61 to drop :o

If mods do come out for DayZ.

I'd like to see:

Your in game character hair, beard grows, and age with time. Be able to have a younger or older guy.

Have actual illness. some one is bitten by a zombie they slowly start to chnage.

Be able to dumb down the military gun spawns, so people dont have automatics all the fucking time so you get more people using shotguns, bolt action etc.

If you get shot, you can see the blood come out, not able to walk right for a period of time until you get to a doc.

Clothes/bag get worn/ rip if it hits anything sharp  over time and things might fall out. 

I'd like to a see a few things..

-Better bullet hit effects, so the blood and such doesn't float above the person :P

-A reworked melee mod making Melee weapons more effective on undead and have better animations.

-New clothing

-New weapons

-in-depth character customization with face morphing and all kinds of stuff (But not crazy like Ark Survival)

-New Vehicles and vehicle system.

-A sign system like (Rust? Not too sure) Where you can paint on signs and make a logo.

-Modded base building (We all know the actual release base system will most likely be glitchy ;))

-Reworked VOIP

-Character animation overhall, if you run to much your character starts to stumble around. IF your shot in say the arm you wont be able to fire higher powered rifles until you are helped. If your shot in the torso or somewhere your character would fall down and hold where he got shot as a blood puddle formed under him/her, Making firefights more intense and realistic.

-Seasonal map change (Summer, Winter etc...)

-Dangerous weather (Floods in certain areas during a lot of rain. Snow storms that cause your character to have difficulty moving around outside. Heat Wave causing your character to dehydrate easier and have hallucinations if outside too long.)

-Natural Disasters (Earthquakes, Tsunamis on the Coast, Possible tornados and Hurricanes)

-Underwater mod which would add caves and shipwrecks you could explore with underwater wildlife both passive and aggressive)

-Good wildlife, Adds a ton of new creatures to the game. (Wild Dogs, Mountain Lions and such)

-Map extension. Instead of a debug it would be a military looking border around the whole map. Also adding a large mountainous area with many big mountains you could explore.

Edited by LightGhillie

1 minute ago, LightGhillie said:

-Seasonal map change (Summer, Winter etc...)

-Dangerous weather (Floods in certain areas during a lot of rain. Snow storms that cause your character to have difficulty moving around outside. Heat Wave causing your character to dehydrate easier and have hallucinations if outside too long.)

-Natural Disasters (Earthquakes, Tsunamis on the Coast, Possible tornados and Hurricanes)

I think that's impossible on the engine it's running on. 

I know there are some Arma 3 mods who have it and it stresses the shit out of a server. 

basing myself of that it would just break a server as soon as something like that happens. 

I'd love to see it too but even regular rain already drops frames by a solid 10-15 if not more 

a seasonal map change would be pretty easy to do, just change the map textures when doing a restart. 

we don't want more weapons! This is supposed to be a survival game against infected! I don't want to see everyone running around with an m60 ffs! Less guns, less ammo = harder game = more immersion!

Also I hope they make a mod which ups the infected by 100x! Like walking dead.

Edited by TheMcgregor

also a mod that gives more craft options, like crafting scopes, weapons, nades, traps. that shit would be cool

More clothing is a big one for me, It would give more people a distinct look and people would be able to further develop their characters by their specific style, I already try to dress to be distinctive and have my own style but it is very hard to do without either looking like a right Muppet or looking like everyone else in Chernarus. Nowadays you tend to ID people from headgear, or at least a lot of people i run into do, which is why I think we need a bigger variety of it all. 

Would love to see some new vehicles as well, It doesn't feel to realistic at the moment that the only few cars that survived the apocalypse are either white off-roads, blue sedans or busses, they could even add some variants of the current vehicles, imagine an off-road without a roof or with a jeep like bar roof. Maybe some more car colours, it would also add to the personality of cars, as an example, you may need a door for your white off-road, but you can only find a red door, so you have a mix of colours on the car, making it a bit more like your own and also giving the car a story of how it was built. Maybe even a boat or two so prison island is a more viable location to RP on? Maybe a boat can be used to live in too, that would be fun.

Few extra character models would help too, in an ideal world, I'd love an editor like some of the old Skyrim mods allowed, really spent a lot of time constructing my character in them, would absolutely love one of them in Dayz, but lets face it that is never going to be, so I guess I'll have to ask for more models so I am not stood in a circle of identical siblings all the time.

More emotes and actions, these are crucial for RP, if you look at a game such as TES online (Why I'm using elder scrolls references is beyond me) it has an actual metric fuckton of emotes in, you can do everything from mop to dance, to playing dead and crying, Having that would make it so much more immersive than hitting X and typing *He falls to his knees and cries*. Could make for some amazing screenshots as well and would help in bringing characters to life

Modular building would be nice, I'd love to see some fallout style wooden shacks popping up around, would bring life to settlements and make it so they actually are semi-permanent marks on the land instead of a row of tents in a compound. It would give people a reason to scavenge for supplies as well, maybe you have a few guys chop down some trees to build a wall and you need some metal wire or nails to attach the sections together, would give a use to all the obscure melee weapons as well such as the hammer and screwdriver. It would be more immersive living in a shitty wooden shack that you'd put together with tape and wire than living in a tent which gets stolen every two days but somehow you keep finding more to live in.

13 hours ago, TheMcgregor said:

-snip-

We do want more weapons

More civilian style weapons, more types of pistols, a few more revolvers, maybe some shotguns, a few rifles, an actual bow? it would make a lot more sense than people having an M60 and it would also allow for characters to express themselves by their choice of weaponry 

turn dayz into csgo sher