Server time: 2019-03-22, 03:00 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Jabba

Public Relations team update

Hopefully with .61 dropping you all can get some good stuff going to get another white name wave going

It's been a little over a month since this was posted. Any updates on anything?   What is the PR team currently working on and what can we look forward to?

Edited by Rampage

18 hours ago, Rampage said:

It's been a little over a month since this was posted. Any updates on anything?   What is the PR team currently working on and what can we look forward to?

@JimRP I'm starting to ask myself if you do anything anymore. In the nicest way possible, Wake up. 

About to hit that staff feedback again here pretty soon. Last tweet on 12/27 and no updates since this, hard to have confidence without transparency.

o7 Jabba?

Seen no results so far, a little disappointed byt I'll take it privately as everyone else will post here most likely.

It's just so disappointing, I remember when the idea came about for having two PR managers and the uproar from the community, Jim reassured us @Jabbawould be a good addition, at first yeah he was he posted threads kept us up with a little transparency while Jim sat there and did whatever he does. Now I've concluded my opinion. Jabba wasn't a good addition the the team, from the outside nothing was achieved, no youtubers and one streamers who left the community after one or two streams and went of a twitter rant, The PR team is a joke and will remain a joke until people that know what they're doing join the team, I'm not saying I know what I'm doing but give me two weeks and I'll do more then they have. 

Yall trash

jimbo pick yo shit up

35 minutes ago, Charlie said:

@JimRP I'm starting to ask myself if you do anything anymore. In the nicest way possible, Wake up. 

I'm currently working on the sidelines with Silo whilst trying to get the stream team back on it's feet :).

18 hours ago, Rampage said:

Currently working with Silo on a video which is to be uploaded soon.

I've asked @Paks & @Pinky and more to help out so you can see that coming out soon.

32 minutes ago, Post said:

About to hit that staff feedback again here pretty soon. Last tweet on 12/27 and no updates since this, hard to have confidence without transparency.

Sorry for the social media inactivity, it'll pick up from now and on.

20 minutes ago, Charlie said:

It's just so disappointing, I remember when the idea came about for having two PR managers and the uproar from the community, Jim reassured us @Jabbawould be a good addition, at first yeah he was he posted threads kept us up with a little transparency while Jim sat there and did whatever he does. Now I've concluded my opinion. Jabba wasn't a good addition the the team, from the outside nothing was achieved, no youtubers and one streamers who left the community after one or two streams and went of a twitter rant, The PR team is a joke and will remain a joke until people that know what they're doing join the team, I'm not saying I know what I'm doing but give me two weeks and I'll do more then they have. 

Yes, it's true that at first me and Jabba created this thread and it was meant to be a monthly thread. It's been a month and a few days and it was my intention to create a new one. So, in order to actually get people who wish to help I've decided that I'll be putting up PR Manager applications later on for people who are interested in joining the PR team. Jabba has helped me while not being a PR Manager, while being a PR Manager and will still help me even now.

o7 Jabba. He was a shit staff member. No wonder he got kicked out. Good luck Jim, you are gonna need it.

Pretty sure @Riggsee was the one getting this stream team back together. I've seen him working his ass off. Just putting that here,

25 minutes ago, JimRP said:

...whilst trying to get the stream team back on it's feet :).

I think @Riggsee is doing a great job with that already, Jim.

Edited by FailingFriendly

39 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Currently working with Silo on a video which is to be uploaded soon.

Were you not working on a video with Silo like 3 months ago? I wasnt aware he cranked out content that slowly. Literally says it in the OP under 2.2 the first line how many more months is this mysterious video going to take? is it even coming at all.

Edited by Valkerion

44 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I'm not saying I know what I'm doing but give me two weeks and I'll do more then they have. 

+1 You should do that.

When it comes to promoting the community trough the stream team, Riggsee deserves most of the credit. He has been streaming regularly and motivates others to do the same. What you could do @JimRP to get the stream team back on its feet is reconsider who you have in it, have better communication with the streamer who hosts it and give streamers who wish to dedicate their time to help out a chance.

4 minutes ago, Valkerion said:

Were you not working on a video with Silo like 3 months ago? I wasnt aware he cranked out content that slowly.

Here's the video we worked on previously, around November (however he wasn't able to get enough content and since his vids are compilations, only the first 3 minutes are on DayZRP, the new video will be entirely in DayZRP).

7 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Here's the video we worked on previously, around November (however he wasn't able to get enough content and since his vids are compilations, only the first 3 minutes are on DayZRP, the new video will be entirely in DayZRP).

Yeah so basically its not a DayZRP video then. Shouldnt you be like posting these in some sort of thread or banner when they are done aswell? rather than us having to ask literally months later?

Months of telling us you are working on a video with him to bring some attention to DayZRP and we get just over 2 minutes and an intro in a video entirely dedicated to another server.

Edited by Valkerion

10 minutes ago, Jabba said:

+1 You should do that.

I'll be applying don't you worry, I won't be getting it because I'm a scum community member and all. I hopefully I can do more then you and make a few threads before I get kicked. 

I'm a bit confused by the whole "working with" concept. Isn't the idea of public relations to outreach to an audience not one individual content creator? Silo has been on the server, he knows it, and truth is he's not really playing DayZRP. He's playing a heavily fabricated staged situation for content, which greatly differs from how experiences truly are IC. I don't see why so much time and focus is being put into one single content creator rather than getting new people. Could you explain?

Just now, Charlie said:

I'll be applying don't you worry, I won't be getting it because I'm a scum community member and all. I hopefully I can do more then you and make a few threads before I get kicked. 

Oh. I am just gonna sit down, I look forward to what you do. God, I thoroughly enjoy getting roasted by 'scum' community members. Good luck Charlie, I am sure your shit memes and immature behaviour will play a major part in your success.

6 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Oh. I am just gonna sit down, I look forward to what you do. God, I thoroughly enjoy getting roasted by 'scum' community members. Good luck Charlie, I am sure your shit memes and immature behaviour will play a major part in your success.

Let's calm down a little bit. 

6 minutes ago, MapleMooses said:

Let's calm down a little bit. 

Calm down for what, responding to somebody just giving him shit? Should've expected a response like that tbh...

Edited by Para

Keeping Jim around will pay off soon, I'm sure. Firing Jabba has broken my heart and I will most certainly be challenging Rolle to pistols at dawn for this. 

How about we all be excellent to each other and have a civil conversation? :)

2 minutes ago, Para said:

Calm down for what, responding to somebody just giving him shit? Should've expected a response like that tbh...

Quoting didn't quote both of them ;) my b. 

26 minutes ago, Sofie said:

When it comes to promoting the community trough the stream team, Riggsee deserves most of the credit. He has been streaming regularly and motivates others to do the same. What you could do @JimRP to get the stream team back on its feet is reconsider who you have in it, have better communication with the streamer who hosts it and give streamers who wish to dedicate their time to help out a chance.

I have constant contact with Wolfie. Shes been a good friend of mine since I started streaming. I do what I can from my end but as of right now all I can do is recommend streamers to the team. 

Jim also has clear contact with her though as it has been made clear in multiple other discussions. Currently I have stressed to both of them streamer activity within the team and we're trying to fix that and as a whole create a more constant flow of content from our team instead of just the one oddball stream every so often.