Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 13:48
Sign in to follow this  
Jellydonut78

Tree Grow Time

I know that the team said they were working on trying to get the length of tree times down because it is outrageously long right now. Didn't the latest patch make that a super simple setting? I guess I am more just asking of when can we expect tree growth to be more reasonable?

We currently do not know how to modify the tree growth. We'll figure it out eventually.

The latest changelog had instrucions on how to modify. Im not sure how easy/difficult lif servers are to modify, as I run a Gmod server, but it should be easy enough. 

• Added a server setting, which can alter the speed of tree growth. It is intendedthat trees now grow slower. Also, server admins are not required to manually run scripts to remove trees stumps from the gameworld. It is possible to speed up forest growth via two ways:
    1. by changing TreeAgingSpeed setting in cm_forest_maintenance.xml before server startup (this will be persistent between server restarts)
    2. by changing script variable $ForestMaintenance::treeAgingSpeed via server console (the setting will be reset when you restart the server, may be useful for experimentation)

The latest changelog had instrucions on how to modify. Im not sure how easy/difficult lif servers are to modify, as I run a Gmod server, but it should be easy enough. 

• Added a server setting, which can alter the speed of tree growth. It is intendedthat trees now grow slower. Also, server admins are not required to manually run scripts to remove trees stumps from the gameworld. It is possible to speed up forest growth via two ways:
    1. by changing TreeAgingSpeed setting in cm_forest_maintenance.xml before server startup (this will be persistent between server restarts)
    2. by changing script variable $ForestMaintenance::treeAgingSpeed via server console (the setting will be reset when you restart the server, may be useful for experimentation)

Speaking of which I just figured it out a little bit before you posted. tonight.  Expect change within the next 24 hours as long as nothing goes horribly wrong.

Edited by Cid

Awesome, thank you, I know a few other players were wondering as well. Can I get a rough estimate on how long trees take to grow now? Like is it going to be something along the lines of 2 days for trees or something along those lines?

6 minutes ago, Cid said:

Speaking of which I just figured it out a little bit before you posted. tonight.  Expect change within the next 24 hours as long as nothing goes horribly wrong.

1 minute ago, Jellydonut78 said:

Awesome, thank you, I know a few other players were wondering as well. Can I get a rough estimate on how long trees take to grow now? Like is it going to be something along the lines of 2 days for trees or something along those lines?

We don't have exact times on how long that it would take given each value that we could set.  There will be a bit of trial and error to get the right tree growth speed.  I'll tell you now that we don't want it to be how long it is now, but don't expect your trees to grow within a matter of 24 hours either.  We also have to be careful with the value to make sure that we don't break the forest either.

Yeah understandable. I think that like 2-3 days sounds like a fairly reasonable time for a small tree to grow but it is ultimately up to you guys. Thank you for letting me know

Sign in to follow this