Server time (UTC): 2019-07-20, 08:36
Sign in to follow this  
Pebbles

Closing s2.

Closing S2.  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doesnt seem right to buy the server and close it. But oh well. I agree it will push everyone onto the same server(s) for some more role play, so meh, doesnt hurt anything except rolles wallet.

o7 100 rolle dollars. 

We will probably need S3 seeing how 0.61 just came out and I'm guessing most people are about to go on their Christmas break.

The closing of s3 on weekdays was much needed. I'm struggling to understand why people don't fill up one server before moving on to the other. 

bb503ae0f73ba12810c8c4ceea0c51ed.png

Just now, Sofie said:

-snip

Gear > RP mindset.

5 minutes ago, Sofie said:

The closing of s3 on weekdays was much needed. I'm struggling to understand why people don't fill up one server before moving on to the other. 

-snip-

What Mexi said, Gear > RP and also people like to join servers where their friends are or group they're in. If one or two people from the same group join server 1 that is less populated then the rest of the group will do that too. Even if server 2 still has a bit of free slots.

12 minutes ago, Sofie said:

I'm struggling to understand why people don't fill up one server before moving on to the other. 

Gear whores.

Edited by Keedz

Couldn't find anyone yesterday for a while, only to spot all 3 servers were ~30/60... Would've really sucked to have one 60/60 server I guess. /s

12 hours ago, Strider said:

What queue? there are like ~105 people in total on the servers right now, plenty of space with two servers. 

In my opinion, the third server should only be opened on weekends because right now the 3 servers are like 30/60. It just makes RP boring and rare, because you're always running everywhere looking for RP since no one is anywhere to be found. Also it's 9PM Eastern so plenty of people are "off-work and off-school" right now.

Yall also forget that its 3 days till christmas....

24 minutes ago, SweetJoe said:

Yall also forget that its 3 days till christmas....

As many people that may be out traveling, we also have a large number who stay at home with no work or school. Should equal out or close to it. 

4 hours ago, Mexi said:

Gear > RP mindset.

Thats not always a bad thing. Some people have specific gear that they enjoy role playing with. So they go on to the empty server so they can find it. or maybe they want to set up a camp. Not everyone who goes and looks for gear has ill intention and a mind set of "oh fuck those role players". 

ofc some may have that mindset but what are ya gunna do. 

@Sofie @Tewudin

15 minutes ago, Wumby said:

Thats not always a bad thing. Some people have specific gear that they enjoy role playing with. So they go on to the empty server so they can find it. or maybe they want to set up a camp. Not everyone who goes and looks for gear has ill intention and a mind set of "oh fuck those role players". 

ofc some may have that mindset but what are ya gunna do. 

@Sofie @Tewudin

I'm not saying that everyone is like that but if someone do this ALL the time then there is a reason for concern. Even I sometimes do this (for example recently I joined less populated server to gear up). I knew there is going to be tons of players on the coast and no loot) but other than that I try to join servers with the most players logged in. You're right, it isn't always a bad thing but there is no room for debate here that there are people within this community who do this often/all the time.

2 minutes ago, Tewudin said:

I'm not saying that everyone is like that but if someone do this ALL the time then there is a reason for concern. Even I sometimes do this (for example recently I joined less populated server to gear up). I knew there is going to be tons of players on the coast and no loot) but other than that I try to join servers with the most players logged in. You're right, it isn't always a bad thing but there is no room for debate here that there are people within this community who do this often/all the time.

But why are you, or anyone else for that matter, concerned about what someone else is doing on a video game we all play for fun? See what Im saying?

9 minutes ago, Wumby said:

But why are you, or anyone else for that matter, concerned about what someone else is doing on a video game we all play for fun? See what Im saying?

I see and I'm not concerned about people focusing on gearing up. I do this myself from time to time, mostly when I lost most of my stuff. What I'm concerned with is the fact that some people who are gearing up atm tend to ignore your every attempt at providing RP.

Edited by Tewudin

7 minutes ago, Tewudin said:

I see and I'm not concerned about people focusing on gearing up. I do this myself from time to time, mostly when I lost most of my stuff. What I'm concerned with is the fact that some people who are gearing up atm tend to ignore your every attempt at providing RP.

But if they want to do it. Then theres no need to be concerned. I dont see a point to worrying about other people in any way tbh. 

Just now, Wumby said:

But if they want to do it. Then theres no need to be concerned. I dont see a point to worrying about other people in any way tbh. 

Maybe you're right. Also in my first post here I only pointed out why people tend to join less populated servers. Not that it bothers me but I just wanted to add something to this discussion since it isn't just about gear. Like I said earlier, sometimes people tend to join servers less populated because it's the one where they can find their friend or group they're in.

10 minutes ago, Wumby said:

Because this is a multiplayer video game where we rely on other people to have interactions and roleplay? If people hide away in the woods by a campfire to stroke their gun, then why are they a member of a community that expects them to do otherwise?

3 minutes ago, Sofie said:

Because this is a multiplayer video game where we rely on other people to have interactions and roleplay? If people hide away in the woods by a campfire to stroke their gun, then why are they a member of a community that expects them to do otherwise?

But does everyone do that? No. 

You're looking at this in an "avoiding RP" sense. Which could be considered bad RP. So tbh, if you think someone is getting a lower populated server just to avoid you, then report them. You're allowed to make a report if you think a rule has been broken. But saying that people are going to find gear and play a game they like, how they want to play it, just to avoid other people? Thats sounds insane. Let people do their own thing and dont worry about them. There will always be people here to role play. 

Its selfish to have the mindset of "everyone should get on the same server because they have to role play with me" 

Just now, Wumby said:

But does everyone do that? No. 

You're looking at this in an "avoiding RP" sense. Which could be considered bad RP. So tbh, if you think someone is getting a lower populated server just to avoid you, then report them. You're allowed to make a report if you think a rule has been broken. But saying that people are going to find gear and play a game they like, how they want to play it, just to avoid other people? Thats sounds insane. Let people do their own thing and dont worry about them. There will always be people here to role play. 

Its selfish to have the mindset of "everyone should get on the same server because they have to role play with me" 

Advising me to report them is not needed here, Wumby. What I want is for the staff team to try to prevent having 30/60x3 servers by closing those who don't fill up. Not punishing people in any other way but forcing them to interact with other players. The only thing I'm doing is pointing out that if looting on an empty server is what you prefer, then why not just go on any other private hive?

Personally, I almost always join the emptier server.  I run solo all the time, and I could care less about dank gear. (The opposite, really, I prefer crafting a bow to finding an AUG)

I have never ignored or refused RP when it finds me.  But I prefer the immersion that this is a survival scenario, where interaction is rare, and firefights happen very rarely.  Frankly, full servers seem disingenuous to the zombie apocalypse scenario our characters are supposed to be living in.

I dunno.  Maybe I'm weird.  But I like t from  immersion standpoint.

2 minutes ago, Sofie said:

Advising me to report them is not needed here, Wumby. What I want is for the staff team to try to prevent having 30/60x3 servers by closing those who don't fill up. Not punishing people in any other way but forcing them to interact with other players. The only thing I'm doing is pointing out that if looting on an empty server is what you prefer, then why not just go on any other private hive?

They did? S3 is closed during low population times. There ya go. You cant possibly try and suggest that Rolle closes s2 as well? 

There are lots of different reasons to loot on the low pop server. For example. I like to have certain items when I role play. I like the white sweater. I like the black cargs. Used to wear a flat cap. I would go on the low pop to find those items before I got into role play. Does that mean I was avoiding role play? yes, it does. So that I could enjoy myself with the certain items I like to have. 

13 hours ago, Wumby said:

o7 100 rolle dollars

Thank you for your condolences.

S1 and S2 are paid in half-year intervals, I just paid the invoice so next one is in May or something like that. So there's no getting rid or shutting down of those.

Also, 10 000 posts.

2 minutes ago, Rolle said:

S1 and S2 are paid in half-year intervals, I just paid the invoice so next one is in May or something like that. So there's no getting rid of those.

Also, 10 000 posts.

Wumby with the assist. This moment wil be going in my final appeal

And if the servers are paid for, no point in shutting them off (On topic)

plz i thought this thread died long before .61 was released, sure someone can't get their post count up by making suggestion thread if s3 should or shouldn't be closed?

Nope. I bumped it because S3 it's basically the same discussion, but S3 instead of S2. And I was too lazy to make a separate thread. 

59 minutes ago, Rolle said:

S1 and S2 are paid in half-year intervals, I just paid the invoice so next one is in May or something like that. So there's no getting rid or shutting down of those.

Also, 10 000 posts.

Thank you Rolle, for getting s3 so i can play when s2 and s1 are full.