Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:17
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Muntz

Direct Communication

Muntz    3

Is it just me, or is voice communication set up a bit differently in DayZRP than in vanilla DayZ? I have just noticed that most voice communications are incredibly loud and do not have a discernible direction (I play with a 7.1 surround sound headset so I'm very sensitive to direction) and very little distance variation.

I have noticed that it is very hard to have individual conversations somewhere like the Trade Post. I will be trying to talk to someone on one side and yet can hear the conversation on the other side of the compound as if I'm standing between the two people talking (and they're yelling).

Again not sure if this is just me (I may have to change some settings or something) but I have friends who have mentioned similar experiences.

Is it possible to tweak the sound settings so that distance and direction is more noticeable?

Bogdan    0

There are voice enhancing modifications to the servers I think.

Jess Newton    2

Imagine how I feel.. I use beats by dre.. so when I am in TP.. and people are making fart sounds and sucking noises.. I hear it loud and in crystal clear quality.

Bogdan    0

Haha, might want to invest in some walmart headphones for the TP ;)

Muntz    3

Imagine how I feel.. I use beats by dre.. so when I am in TP.. and people are making fart sounds and sucking noises.. I hear it loud and in crystal clear quality.

Lol I know exactly how you feel. I am currently using high quality 7.1 surround. So my ears feel like they have been raped after 5 mins in the TP.

Hm, I'll have to see what TP is like when/if I get whitelisted.

Siberia 2 Steel Series headset, not sure if it'll be fine or ear-bleedingly horrible.

Guest Haarfagr   
Guest Haarfagr

IMO a "hyped" headset, isnt that good, just loads of bass! ;)

Anyway, on-topic, I agree. Thought about it yesterday. Hope this can be fixed.

Sasha    0

For the TP, yeah, it's a bit long distance. But it's necessary for communication outside when you need to communicate to people, like when you're being robbed.

And offtopic: Every mention of beats makes the audiophile in me shiver.

:( Marketing can do so much to people.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

i found the mute button works well :P

Rolle    2979

ArmA2 issue https://dev-heaven.net/issues/39122

We can try reducing the voice quality on S2 for a day or so to see if it solves the issue, but the voice quality will obviously be much lower.

Muntz    3

Thanks for experimenting. Just gets frustrating when you can't here anything at a certain distance, then you take a step and its like they are right in front of you screaming.

Gina    26

Yes its awful when there is no chance to figure out who is talking. Everyone, no matter where they are, sounds like they are right next to you.

Guest Real_Frojd   
Guest Real_Frojd

Yea I know its amazing how high those things sell for i have my turtle beaches from like 3 years ago still working like a charm!

Rolle    2979

The voice settings has been changed on S2 and it works :) We will try different settings in the next few days and pick the one that gives the best quality and positional sound.

Muntz    3

Awesome. Thanks for the pro-activeness!

Stubbles    0

I like it alot better, though there is still some issues with hearing people now.

DutchKiwi    0

For the TP, yeah, it's a bit long distance. But it's necessary for communication outside when you need to communicate to people, like when you're being robbed.

Amen to that

Muntz    3

I like it alot better, though there is still some issues with hearing people now.

I have noticed that some people can be a little quiet. I still think it is worth it though. Worse case scenario you have to type occasionally. Way better than the directionless screaming in your ear. :).

In vanilla, the quietness is usually countered by moving the VON bar up, I have noticed it has no effect whatsoever in DayZRP. Any particular reason? Would solve the last of the volume issues.

Kravock    1

I can actually tell who is talking by the voice now :-)

karben    0

Beats headphones? Cmon. Those are the most unnatural sounding, bass boosted, worst fashion statement evar. Get some actual gaming phones going. you will not be disappointed. I use roccat kaves. Amazing phones for sub 125$

Sign in to follow this