Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:11

Sign in to follow this  
VaanKogan

Passive Perks

VaanKogan    0

Would it be possible to implement a passive perking system into the game? For example, people would gains levels based on things such as how long they have been alive for, giving others medical help, killing zombies/ other players, travelling long distances, etc... Perks could include things like being able to repair fuel tanks using scrap metal, being able to turn toilet paper into bandages, improved peripheral vision, increased run speed, being able to mend bones without morphine and many other things. It gives characters a way to specialize. Such as members of a mechanic repair clan have a goal to achieve that can help them help others as well. There skills and skill levels also get reset after every death which means players will have to be more careful in the decisions they make while role playing. Not sure how hard the coding would have to be, but it seems possible.

VaanKogan    0

Judging from the original post only, it seems like everything is predefined when it comes to using a class system. Making perks which you have he option of choosing yourself adds more custom-ability which is better for the rp environment.

Reacher    0

That's a lot of work, programming wise, for volunteers who are giving up their free time for the sake of the mod.

Nope, class system is not applicable to a sandbox such as DayZ.

You can specialize by having certain items and you can also do it with your role play.

VaanKogan    0

I dont really think the coding would be that bad. You can implement the skill system the same way you activate your skins. Just make it so that you pick the skill order you want in game, and as you level up, they become unlocked on your character.

I dont really think the coding would be that bad. You can implement the skill system the same way you activate your skins. Just make it so that you pick the skill order you want in game, and as you level up, they become unlocked on your character.

DayZ will not have skills and perks.

I believe you are suggesting something that would fit better in Dota or LoL.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

I could see it working the same way as it does in Skyrim for example. That said, I don't really like the idea and it would be a lot of work that would perhaps bring forth a lot of bugs.

I could see it working the same way as it does in Skyrim for example. That said, I don't really like the idea and it would be a lot of work that would perhaps bring forth a lot of bugs.

Forgive me but you cant compare a single player game to a multiplayer game.

Perks and classes would need to be balanced and frankly the Dev team does not have the ability and time to create something so intricate and time consuming.

Not to mention the fact that we would need to add a test server to implement patches and/or changes.

Overall, it is an idea that will most likely get revisited later on in the standalone but is not feasible in it's current form or under our current framework.

Bob    0

Good idea but not practical to implement

Sin    114

That's just the front-end interface for a skill system. The back-end coding would be considerably more difficult, if even possible, and take a very long time to do - and yeah, it would probably also introduce bugs.

I do like your ideas much better than the ones put forward in the original thread linked above.