Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:15
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Boule de Neige

Do we have to have a mic?

Because my computer is in a loft area, the entire house can hear me and they hate it.(and I dont have a mic :P) So can I just type? or will that not be acceptable.

Debalia    5

Because my computer is in a loft area, the entire house can hear me and they hate it.(and I dont have a mic :P) So can I just type? or will that not be acceptable.

I do not think you HAVE to have one, but most people prefer it to make communication easier. But I do not know indefinitely if you need one.

Khardia    0

You don't need to have use a microphone. Although, having something plugged may avoid getting bugs with others talking to you (heard that somwehere).

We suggest you have a mic ready to be used, but you can simply type when you play.

ElDubya    0

It's a known ARMA bug that in game comms (be it typing messages so others can read them or talking to other players) requires SOMETHING being plugged into the mic port. If nothing is plugged in, people can't hear you (duh) or read your in game messages.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

For that bug, you don't neccesarily need a working mic. Just make your computer think you have one by plugging in some headphones into the mic jack. As for the topic- people prefer when you speak with voice and text is difficult to do most of the times assuming you're not chilling at the TP.

Sign in to follow this