Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:18
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

S-GRU and its reputation

Daniel    2

I'm sick and tired to see reports against us all the time by several people for nothing. People give us a bad reputation altough we are roleplaying good (if people comply otherwise we dont have a chance and i know for fact that people like roleplaying with us) and playing within the rules.

I think admins should clearly say and tell those people (you see them every where on the forums or at tp altough i wasnt there for weeks because i am scared to get kosed without any legit reason) that we are playing within the rules and maybe start giving them warning points.

I never got banned for a kos or something similar and im playing on this server for about 4 months. It's kind of disrespectful how people who joined the server are acussing us day by day for something which isnt true.

I also know that even players from other clans which are IC not our best friends say that we are not shooting people without a reason and now i just want the admins to confirm that so maybe people can see us from a different pov.

Im S-GRU but im not rule breaking guy who is trying to decrease your fun on the server.

I have to agree with you, and I know that some in the staff feel the same way. It's irritating for a lot of us when we hear S-GRU thrown around at every turn despite the fact that they're not even remotely as bad as some other bandits.

Also, people constantly accuse them of KoS, yet I rarely see any evidence and quite often it's later revealed that the kill was legitimate.

Of course, then you get disgruntled people that A) make false accusations of KOS against S-GRU and then B) accuse the admins of being corrupt when they find in S-GRU's favor.

The truth is that a lot of people dislike S-GRU OOC because they can't separate themselves from their characters. They get robbed and get angry and take it personally. It's a good example of terrible roleplay when something bad legitimately happens to your character and you personally get angry about it.

ElDubya    0

I think a lot of it also stems from a certain streamers videos as it appears that 99% of the complaints are from people joining recently.

Daniel    2

I think a lot of it also stems from a certain streamers videos as it appears that 99% of the complaints are from people joining recently.

yeah unfortunatelly ...

Daring    0

People need to stop playing as if this is a team deathmatch. It's roleplaying people, just play along and have fun.

Well, of course. They're painted as the "villains" despite not being the worst bandits on the server by a long shot. I've been robbed and had literally everything taken from me, even my revolver! S-GRU at least leaves you with *something* to defend yourself with, and at least they have some sort of ideology they're following besides "we want all teh lewtz!"

Edit: Let's not forget that the ones I've met are pretty good RPers and rarely break character.

ErnieB    0

I just want to o7 the GRU's. Keep up the good work and keep taking them military weapons the civilians! If any help is needed please feel free to let me know.

p.s. If help is needed I only use handguns and axes.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

Were you undercover earlier today, Daniel? I had fun dragging you to the middle of nowhere and leaving you there. ;) If that wasn't you, ignore this! You had an imposter.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Although it is irritating when you get robbed (or whatever S-GRU call it) people seem to be overly annoyed when it is S-GRU. It is almost as if you give off a bad smell. (Possibly the vodka). Although my clan and yours aren't the best of friends, I do find it annoying on the forums when somebody has something happen to them by someone in a Spetsnaz uniform and immediately blames you guys.

You to understand though, this kind of things comes with the roles you have given yourselves, you are hostile towards the vast majority to people. the Free medics don't get reports against them as they go round helping people. Of course you are going to get a bad rep by doing bad things.

Wunsleh    10

You to understand though, this kind of things comes with the roles you have given yourselves, you are hostile towards the vast majority to people. the Free medics don't get reports against them as they go round helping people. Of course you are going to get a bad rep by doing bad things.

People dont get the right to mass report us just because they dont like us.

the next report that turns out to be false because people left out information or are outright lying will be reported because of false report.

we have been very lenient and let is pass because of the amount of new players, but it stops now.

Ps: i'm definitely not saying the current report that is being handled is!

for example the report from the other guy definitely is, because he doesnt understand the rules and he knew what he did wrong and posted it into a formal report anyways.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

If they give themselves roles (as long as they are within rules) they can do as they please with them roles.

Robbin    0

But that's something different. People are free to dislike us for how we play and what we do to you ingame. But that's not the problem. People falsely accuse us, tell us that we 'keep breaking the rules" and use any and all excuse to get us banned.

If you dislike us, good. We are not bothered by that and we think that it's a lot of fun to see people telling us they will "get us one day" or show a picture of one of our dead bodies. It's all in good fun, and that is what we expect for doing what we do. We just see that our public image is wrongfully changed into something we are not: KOS' ers and non-roleplayers

VaanKogan    0

//I haven't played on the server yet but i feel like s gru is just too unappreciated. They add more of a story to the game.

Jerry    22

Old S-GRU had to get banned before people started realizing how much we added to the game, but that was back then and I rarely play anymore but the amount of reports popping up is unrealistic especially if no punishments are being handed out.

I've had a lot of interesting RP with S-GRU. Can't say I want to get robbed by them but they can be honest and even fun when push comes to shove too. They're not just a crazy bandit clan, they mostly do things they do for logical reasons. Not always, of course, but mostly.

I hate when people play thieves or thugs when it doesn't even make sense, "Hey, thanks for saving my life, this is a stickup" but S-GRU has discretion. You help them out, they sometimes turn a blind eye to you. They have friends, they're real people. I'd rather hang out with them in TP then a lot of the 'good guys' these days.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

I'd rather hang out with them in TP then a lot of the 'good guys' these days.

+1

Gullio1    0

Same here. I met S-GRU once or twice. The first time, they pulled me over and imprisoned me for having a military shotgun. The second time we met, they let me go. Half because they had other pressing matters, half because they were impressed I escaped and stole my gun back.

" I have no problems with you for filing this report and encourage you to do so if you feel wrongfully treated."

This was posted by an S-GRU member in a report. You can moan about the number of reports against you then encourage people to do them

Sky    1

" I have no problems with you for filing this report and encourage you to do so if you feel wrongfully treated."

This was posted by an S-GRU member in a report. You can moan about the number of reports against you then encourage people to do them

The difference is there seems to be many reports posted out of spite, based on in-game feeling towards SGRU.

Wunsleh    10

We encourage people to report rule breakers but dont make a formal report to spite us.

In doubt post a report discussion, its a shame almost no one does that.

So I can take, from what you and the other member said that, because this member has encouraged us to post the report that the rules were broken. As he has said that he is encouraging us to do the report and you've said that you encourage rule breakers. Or are you contracting what you've just said?

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

They encourage people to file true reports as they prob like to know if there are rulebreakers in their clan. They dont want some of the petty shit they get on the forum.

Wunsleh    10

So I can take, from what you and the other member said that, because this member has encouraged us to post the report that the rules were broken. As he has said that he is encouraging us to do the report and you've said that you encourage rule breakers. Or are you contracting what you've just said?

No. If you are so sure that the report is valid, show some goddamn evidence, i dont doubt my friend's words if he says hes being initiated on i believe him thus making us in my eyes not rule breakers.

We dont break the rules you people just try to make us do so.

Now get out of this post if all you can do is complain about the report.