Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:53

Sign in to follow this  
Raider76

The Diary of Solomon Caine.

Raider76    0

Hi, The name's Caine, Solomon Caine, folks just call me Abel. Yeah yeah, I know British soldier sense of humour, lets call him Abel because ya'know Cain and Abel.

March 1st,

Today we left port, I hate being a fisherman, the long hours of gutting fish over a conveyor belt is mind numbing labour at it's very best but I am just grateful to have a job, I mean it's hard enough to find work for a broken down old soldier and the money is really good. We should be out for a few weeks as we are heading to new ground not far from a place called Chenarus, so I guess only time will tell. I've met some of these lads before but we have a greenhorn called wilhelm, a thin sickly looking kid probably around twenty three or so but he is the cousin of the skipper. It just goes to show its not what you know but who you know.

March 4th,

We hit the fishing grounds early today, we are trawling now and should be pulling up plenty of cod and other white fish to keep the markets happy.

March 5th

I have just spent the last twelve hours gutting fish, I hate it, the smell the rubbery textures of fish guts slipping through your fingers but a job's a job, I miss the Army. Life was so much simpler, get up, shower and eat breakfast then run around all day doing simple things to keep the mind and body active. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I am away from all the death and pain from the war but still I often catch myself thinking back on those days.

March 6th

I admit Wilhelm works like a horse even if he does look like he is going to fall over due to exhaustion every few minutes.

March 10th

Not much to say, its been nearly a week of trawling and gutting, the main hold is maybe 2/3rd full and as such maybe another three or four days left before we can turn around. The skipper seems occupied, he has not come out of his wheel house for a few days, which that by itself is unusual, he usually pops out to see us gutting fish if it's been a good haul.

March 11th

The skipper has informed us we will be returning home, something is happening shore side and it's got him concerned, he has been monitoring the radio as he has been hearing weird reports of lunatics killing each other all over the place, so we are heading back with only ¾ of our quota fulfilled but we are still getting paid so all is right with the world.

March 15th

We have arrived back at port and have been stopped from entering by the coast guard, they even had the nerve to fire on us to show us how serious they were. Word is some sort of disease has hit the world, people are dying all over the place, they want us here where they can control us.

March 17th

The skipper left the ship last night, he's left it in Wilhelm's inexperienced hands, him and a couple of the others slipped over board last night in the ships old wooden boat as they want to get home to the family and the coast guard cutter is watching us like a hawk, there are several other fishing vessels here and we talk on the radio, no one knows nothing. Even those lads in the CG have only told us they are following orders.

March 20th

Tonight the city burns, I am not sure what started it but its definitely out of control, the radio has gone quiet as no one knows what to say. Wilhelm has been locked in the captains cabin for the last day or so, refuses to come out but apart from that we get up we watch the shoreline and we carry out our duties.

Let me know if you want more!

Raider76    0

Actually no... It's a name i used years ago in a shadowrun rp game I was part of, it sorta stuck.

Actually no... It's a name i used years ago in a shadowrun rp game I was part of, it sorta stuck.

lol, oh, there was a guy in DRIVER 2 called that and that was how he would introduce himself.

Ohh Damn, they stole my name lol.

really?? Driver 2 came out in 2000, but I love the name and I hope I meet you ingame and thats how you introduce yourself!

(The driver 2 Solomon Caine would introduce himself by saying "I'm Soloman Caine, you'll wish you never met me! Which I think is awesome!

Raider76    0

Well I was rping shadow run in the late 90's and Ive never played driver 2, I googled it.

Basically I will introduce myself as Hey, Im Abel, only those close to him will get to know his actual name.

//Solomon Kane is also the name of a guy in a movie. "The key of Solomon" there's also a book with that name

//Solomon Kane is also the name of a guy in a movie. "The key of Solomon" there's also a book with that name

Damnit!!! I thought it was a pretty cool name and now I find out that they stole it!

//The key of solomon (the book) Is old as hell.

"The Key of Solomon (in Latin: Clavis Salomonis, Hebrew: Mafteah Shelomoh [מפתח שלמה]) is a grimoire incorrectly attributed to King Solomon. It probably dates back to the 14th or 15th century Italian Renaissance. It presents a typical example of Renaissance magic."

Sign in to follow this