Server time: 2019-04-21, 09:08
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 51 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Sign in to follow this  
Lemons

S1 Killing a complaint Hostage 11-13-2016

Server and location: S1 Stary

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 0:55 Something around that

Your in game name: Jack Lemons

Names of allies involved: Rebecca Dhal, Dalton Low, Jericho Riker

Name of suspect/s: http://www.dayzrp.com/User-ImTryingCoach

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Just a few secs after i died i was able to start the program.

Detailed description of the events:  So we were just having some fun, we then decided to go Stary i set my self up at just near the road that takes you to Novy in some of the trees and bushes, i sit there for a while. After some guy starts walking behind me pointing a gun at me, i call it out over the radio and then ask can i help him and why is he pointing a gun at me. It takes him little bit time to answer and then he just initiates on me telling to put my hands up and then drop my gun which i did. He then starts telling me that i should tell my friends that they should surrender as well aka put their guns away and come out. I tell him i have my hands up that i can't just contact with them. He then takes shots from one of our guys he then lays down and just shoots me down while I'm still complying...

We did send the guy a PM after the situation to talk it out but he has not decided to answer..

As well i think him telling me to tell my friends to surrender are somewhat of Unreasonable demands, i'll let the staff decide on that.

Kill logs:

23:43:06 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) DIED Blood <= 0"
23:40:13 | "Jack Lemons(uid=) DIED Blood <= 0"
23:45:20 | Player "Rebecca Dhal" has been killed by player "Cpl Jack may"

Hit Logs:

23:40:09 | "Dalton Low(uid=) SHOT Jack Ringe(uid=) by M4A1 into pelvis."
23:40:09 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STATUS S::500 B::4500 H::4755 HP::0."
23:40:09 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STATUS S::1000 B::4000 H::4555 HP::0."
23:40:09 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STATUS S::1500 B::3500 H::4355 HP::0."
23:40:09 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STATUS S::2000 B::3000 H::4155 HP::0."
23:40:10 | "Dalton Low(uid=) SHOT Jack Ringe(uid=) by M4A1 into RightLeg."
23:40:10 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STATUS S::2500 B::2500 H::3955 HP::0."
23:40:10 | "Dalton Low(uid=) SHOT Jack Ringe(uid=) by M4A1 into RightLeg."
23:40:10 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STATUS S::3000 B::2000 H::3755 HP::0."
23:40:12 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) SHOT Jack Lemons(uid=) by MP5K into RightLeg."
23:40:13 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) SHOT Jack Lemons(uid=) by MP5K into RightArm."
23:40:13 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) STARTS BLEEDING."
23:40:13 | "Player Jack Ringe(id=) has fallen into unconsciousness."
23:40:13 | "Jack Ringe(uid=) SHOT Jack Lemons(uid=) by MP5K into pelvis."
23:40:13 | "Cpl Jack may SHOT Dalton Low by M4A1 into LeftLeg."
23:40:14 | "Cpl Jack may SHOT Dalton Low by M4A1 into LeftLeg."
23:45:20 | "Cpl Jack may SHOT Rebecca Dhal by M4A1 into Chest."
23:45:20 | "Cpl Jack may SHOT Rebecca Dhal by M4A1 into Chest."

Connection:

23:02:07 | Player "Jack Ringe" is connected (id=)
23:02:13 | Player "Jack Lemons" is connected (id=)

23:45:41 | Player "Cpl Jack may" has been disconnected
23:47:28 | Player "Cpl Jack may" is connected 
00:03:35 | Player "Cpl Jack may" has been disconnected
00:10:57 | Player "Cpl Jack may" is connected

Calling in Jack Ringe to post his POV.

Dalton Low PoV:

This all started in Stary Sobor when we were acting as Russians strong-arming people who came by. One of our snipers, Lemons, gets initiated on from behind. We are told over the radio, and move to help him. The suspect makes demands for all of us to surrender. I line up a shot with my ACOG, and hit the suspect three times. He guns down Lemons with the aim of a pure god. The suspect later dies. We proceed to take shots from various snipers in the woods, who also have the aim of pure gods, considering that they landed every shot on moving targets. We retreat.

This is the video that I got...:

If staff have questions for me regarding this report, I will answer them as they come along.

Edited by Boston

Jack Ringe has been online since being called in so he will be temp banned.

This is a response to the report, My friend (Cpl Jack May) and I were walking on the hilltops and spotted a single survivor lying underneath a tree. Thinking he was aiming at somebody. I come up behind him telling him to put his hands up and remove the weapon. Then someone else came down the hill to rescue him, and I assumed it was his friend, so I as well told him not to shoot and lower his weapon because I have his friend pinned down. His friend only a 10-25 meters away doesn't respond and takes the first shot shooting me in the chest then leg, causing me to fall to the ground, but I was already in the midst of shooting when I was hit in the chest so when I dropped to the ground I shot Jack Lemons because I was behind him. I didn't mean to shoot him. Then went unconscious only a few shots after. I then died from blood loss. My friend witnessed the entire event and was providing support. Reading the names of alias involved I never knew there was four people involved I only saw two total. So when I had his friend held hostage I didn't expect the shots so I fired back, the kill was an accident and I wasn't aware of the other two people. If I did know of the two other people I would not have engaged. Everybody can hear each other because we were all within range of each other.

-

Thanks for your POV, your temp ban has been removed. Keep an eye on the report for further questions.

Zero's POV

After meeting up with some other members of Coldwater we decide to head to Stary Sobor to search for some RP, we arrive and the place is a ghost town, Boston suggests we use aliases and fake accents to strong arm some randoms, we all agree and setup positions. Jack takes the creek bed, a good area to ambush someone if they were traveling down the road. After a few minutes, a survivor comes walking down the road, I explain to him this is my road and there is a tax, I strong arm him to let me in his bag and begin taking some delicious soda and canned goods. 

Afterwards he says that should cover the tax and I let him walk. Boston and I decide to see if someone else is in town to strong arm, we walk to the church and I'm informed someone has just initiated on Lemons (without any prior role-play mind you, they just ran up and told him to put his shit down), Lemons complied. The initiators, after learning he had friends, demanded for all of us to surrender, despite us having superior numbers (which seemed like an unreasonable demand to me), I even stated that to him, letting him know we outnumbered him and that if he came out, nothing would be done to him. 

He doesn't comply to my demand and I tell Boston to take the shot, he does and lands a few hits, one of them in the chest. Lemons was ultimately gunned down, even though he had his hands up. After a short-lived firefight, Boston and I decide a tactical retreat is best to recuperate and get a better understanding of what just happened. 

All and all, the entire situation was pretty shoddy in my opinion and upset me due to the lack of role-play involved. Given the accused person's POV, it seems like he thought there was an active firefight and they thought it was a good idea to intervene. 

On 14/11/2016 at 7:47 AM, ImTryingCoach said:

This is a response to the report, My friend (Cpl Jack May) and I were walking on the hilltops and spotted a single survivor lying underneath a tree. Thinking he was aiming at somebody. I come up behind him telling him to put his hands up and remove the weapon. Then someone else came down the hill to rescue him, and I assumed it was his friend, so I as well told him not to shoot and lower his weapon because I have his friend pinned down. His friend only a 10-25 meters away doesn't respond and takes the first shot shooting me in the chest then leg, causing me to fall to the ground, but I was already in the midst of shooting when I was hit in the chest so when I dropped to the ground I shot Jack Lemons because I was behind him. I didn't mean to shoot him. Then went unconscious only a few shots after. I then died from blood loss. My friend witnessed the entire event and was providing support. Reading the names of alias involved I never knew there was four people involved I only saw two total. So when I had his friend held hostage I didn't expect the shots so I fired back, the kill was an accident and I wasn't aware of the other two people. If I did know of the two other people I would not have engaged. Everybody can hear each other because we were all within range of each other.

Can you please name your ally in this situation? Thank you.

@ImTryingCoach has been temp banned until he answers Alex's question above.

The accused has 24 hours to respond to the question above or he will have to make a Ban Appeal.

16 minutes ago, RonaldDonaldson said:

that would be me 

Please provide us with a detailed PoV of the situation. Thank you.

So it began as we ran down a hill to get to a vantage point to rob a person laying down looking at someone so i got into a good position just in case things went south. My friend Jack then initiated as you see in the video  and got shot at by the man in the video i then took shots at the person firing at my friend, He was then knocked unconscious i waited a little bit before i went out to inject epinephrine into Jack he than woke up and died right away so almost immediately after i lagged out i then joined back and saw the same man as before so i then shot and killed him after that i ran away into the forest nearby.

On 11/25/2016 at 3:35 PM, Castiel said:

The accused has 24 hours to respond to the question above or he will have to make a Ban Appeal.

He answered his question is temp ban going to be removed?

@ImTryingCoach your temp ban has been lifted. Apologies.

Jack Ringe Killing a Compliant hostage - Guilty

REASON:

In the report Lemons is initiated on by hostiles.  According to the video there are no legitimate demands given.  Lemon is almost gunned down immediately after Boston fires a shot.  Its is always the burden of the hostage takers to have control of the situation and be able to make demands over radio.   Even though the kill may have been accidental, you need to be in control of the situation.  How execution of hostages works is that you need to radio his teammates and make reasonable demands.  His teammates should be readily available on TS to hear said demands.   Telling the rest of the hostage's friends to surrender is not a reasonable demand.   Also when you take a hostage you can't just say "if anyone shoots you are dead" or tell everyone to surrender.   This does not grant execution rights on the hostage.  You need to contact on radio and actually speak with the hostages friends or tell your hostage to communicate to his teammate to stop firing.   

OUTCOME:

Jack Ringe - Killing a compliant hostage - 3 day ban plus banstrike