Server time: 2017-10-23, 22:48
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
BobitoZ

Other Peoples Backpacks

BobitoZ    0

Remove the option in the scroll menu to look though another persons pack while they are waring it.

It would reduce a lot of arguing, trolling, so forth that takes place when you have a bunch of randoms in one place.

I know that it might not be the best RP to remove the option but whenever I have seen a dispute in game about someone taking something out of a pack the people almost instantly go OOC. It breaks immersion to enter the TP and here a bunch of guys arguing about how they are making a report, or recording this and so on.

People use backpacks for trading purposes, too. I agree that doing this would help stop theft, but it would also prevent players from using their backpacks to transfer gear.

Also, what about the players that carry blood/bandages/epi-pens in their packs so their allies can quickly pull them out and administer them? That would go away as well.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

I want to agree, as being stole from is a bitch.

But,

Naaahhh... IRL you'd be able to check someones pack

Guess we have to take in the good with the bad and hope for common sense (Which seems to be lacking as of late.) Like Lucia said backpacks are used to trade/help your friendly players, that would go away as well, not sure if giving that up would be worth it.

Stubbles    0

People use backpacks for trading purposes, too. I agree that doing this would help stop theft, but it would also prevent players from using their backpacks to transfer gear.

Also, what about the players that carry blood/bandages/epi-pens in their packs so their allies can quickly pull them out and administer them? That would go away as well.

I think i'm going to agree with Lucia's point here due to the fact backpacks used for giving stuff etc, for example I usually keep my main inventory full, and to tell someone to go in my backpack is convinent, stops me having to drop an item, take it out of pack, drop it. pick up my other item, bla bla bla. You get it :) would be nice to have a way to stop thieves but sadly due to the engine I dont think it'll work, without losing some of the more major benefits in the game.

Thumper    0

Maybe a script that annouces to the wearer that so and so is looking in your pack? Dont know how possible that is.

Bubbles    31

Maybe a script that annouces to the wearer that so and so is looking in your pack? Dont know how possible that is.

+1 if possible

Caeldon    1

What about the possibility of having the option to padlock your backpack? So that when you enter the TP you can lock it, then when you leave you can unlock it. Not sure how it would work, maybe have the option on the scroll wheel or something.

BobitoZ    0

What about the possibility of having the option to padlock your backpack? So that when you enter the TP you can lock it, then when you leave you can unlock it. Not sure how it would work, maybe have the option on the scroll wheel or something.

That would solve a lot of issues on both sides.

Stubbles    0

That would solve a lot of issues on both sides.

I couldn't agree more actually, that'd be a good solution. of course if it was possible.

Guest Jamie   
Guest Jamie

Wouldnt that defeat the point of having at lock at all.

BobitoZ    0

If we could lock/unlock, that would be best.

I'm just tiered of being swarmed by 3 or 4 people every time I enter the TP. It's obvious what they are doing.

Is a lock possible Jamie?

Guest Jamie   
Guest Jamie

I'm just tiered of being swarmed by 3 or 4 people every time I enter the TP. It's obvious what they are doing.

Regardless if its possible i mean if it was on noone will turn the lock off ever, i mean it gets rid off sneaky banditry (which i have been fallen too several times) yes it may be a pain in the ass but i think its worth it.

BobitoZ    0

Regardless if its possible i mean if it was on noone will turn the lock off ever, i mean it gets rid off sneaky banditry (which i have been fallen too several times) yes it may be a pain in the ass but i think its worth it.

Considering that most of this type of theft is taking place in TP, and we are not allowed to steal in TP. It's an option to consider at least

Jukki    1

In tp just look in to your backpack regulary. I keep it open 24/7 and only close it when i have to turn my character :) You can walk around, look around (limited, you can bind keys)and talk while the gear menu is open.

Afaik the packback option is harcoded, please correct me if I am wrong.

Skippy    4

It should be possible to lock a backpack, and it's done in ACRE I believe, or a similar mod. This would fix every problem- if a player wants to allow other people use their backpack for trade, they can do that. If they want to allow allies to have quick access to their backpack, they can. If they want to lock their backpack when going into the TP, they can do that too. And if you're being robbed they can just force you to unlock your backpack at gunpoint, or shoot you if you don't.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Or it could say that someone is looking in your bag? Pehaps you start shaking or it will notify you, as in real life you would most likely feel it.

Jayplay95    0

They should just implement a zip noise, everytime you or someone else opens the backpack.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

They should just implement a zip noise, everytime you or someone else opens the backpack.

although that would be useful i would get sick of hearing all the trolls is tp opening peoples bags

Maybe make it so only the person whose bag is being opened can hear it?

Nah it would be great to hear someone opening a bag in the middle of a firefight.

"Did you hear that?!"

"The enemy is taking a piss!"

Skippy    4

Maybe make it so only the person whose bag is being opened can hear it?

Nah it would be great to hear someone opening a bag in the middle of a firefight.

"Did you hear that?!"

"The enemy is taking a piss!"

When you gotta go... ...You gotta' go!

Guest Muddy   
Guest Muddy

Think about it in a real life perspective, chances are your pack would be able to be opened and you wouldn't have it locked. Even in places in real life when you may get pick-pocketed, you don't see people with locks on their bags :P