Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 14:19
Sign in to follow this  
Buddy

Official Mentor Program - [CLOSED]

Guys, I keep getting app's for people that wish to be MENTOR'S for the team. We are not accepting anybody else to be mentor's ATM but we are teaching people. Those that want to learn and gather some RP experience are more than welcome to apply but APP's as they currently stand are not being reviewed!

28 minutes ago, Staggs said:

Guys, I keep getting app's for people that wish to be MENTOR'S for the team. We are not accepting anybody else to be mentor's ATM but we are teaching people. Those that want to learn and gather some RP experience are more than welcome to apply but APP's as they currently stand are not being reviewed!

How long ago did you stop reviewing apps?? 

4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

How long ago did you stop reviewing apps?? 

About a week ago roughly. When the title of the thread was changed from [Accepting Mentor's] To what it is now. We want to keep it for now a small team as apps as they are are not that much.

Edit: I just saw it said OPEN also on the thread....I changed that...my bad if there was some confusion on that part....

I tend to get pretty bored in the late night EST hours if there are any people interested in the program or would just like to talk. You can find me around the teamspeak most nights! :) 

Hey Guys,

I had my first DayZRP trip here last night and it was great! I was mentored by Sofie who took care for me and helped me with struggles around TS-syncing up to directing me to the first contacts with other charcters in game. As she did not really make big plans for this session, she didn´t know what might happen and so we were doing kind of cakewalk through Novy and met a bunch of people. During the whole time I had the chance to ask Sofie whatever I wanted to know via TS. The other way around Sofie explained a lot behind the scenes which helped me to understand some actions happening around or which helped to act the in an appropriate way towards the others.

So thanks a lot for establishing the mentoring programme!

And of course many thanks to Sofie for her patience and the help!

Anytime, @Ruemmermann

Roleplaying with you was great and I am glad you enjoyed it! Hope to meet you in-game again ^_^

Your IG Name and what are you interested in learning about (Hostile RP, Survivor RP or Hero RP)?: Viictor Scrum Hostile RP and Survivor RP. 

What Timezone are you from and what time's do you usually play? London GMT and i mostly play between 6PM-10PM

How were you directed to the Mentors thread (Word to- mouth, friends, report verdict, forums)? Via the teamspeak by Elmo.

If you had to judge yourself and your Roleplay. What do you say you do best and what do you lack? [Response here]Well, i lack of building an accent and my best is speaking loud and clear.

Send it in a PM to a loremaster, such as @Staggs

Edited by Doc Holiday

Nono it's fine to post your application here as well @jordieegaming. I am done with my CSGO match in a few minutes if you wanna chat in the mentoring channel on TS? You know where to find it?

Edited by Sofie

Your IG Name and what are you interested in learning about (Hostile RP, Survivor RP or Hero RP)?: Tate Reid / hostile

What Timezone are you from and what time's do you usually play? 6-10pm gmt

How were you directed to the Mentors thread (Word to- mouth, friends, report verdict, forums)? I know of the programmed via the forums

If you had to judge yourself and your Roleplay. What do you say you do best and what do you lack? I'm pretty good at thinking on my feet and in my opinion I'm fairly good at roleplaying. It's not actual roleplaying I'm struggling with, it's more of a thing where I don't like to hostile rp since I don't want to overstep and break the rules since their are a lot of rules it's kinda daunting. If I may, I would like to request a mentor that can message me over the forums on a few questions I have about hostile rp linking in with the rules since I can think of things to do to RP affectly I'm just worried about overstepping the rule boundaries.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Saunders

3 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Should probably PM that to a LM as it says.

edit: Didn't realize it stated to post it here, too. Strange. Either way, PMs > forum posts.

Edited by Shark

1 minute ago, Shark said:

Should probably PM that to a LM as it says.

It does state you can post here on the thread or to PM a LM. I suppose I'll pm one too, thanks.

I have informed the rest of the mentors of your application @Saunders.

Your IG Name and what are you interested in learning about (Hostile RP, Survivor RP or Hero RP)?: Mike Render - Hostile RP - Survivor ( Kinda want to be neutral and decide when im in the situation.

What Timezone are you from and what time's do you usually play? 14:00 - 21:00 EET.

How were you directed to the Mentors thread (Word to- mouth, friends, report verdict, forums)? I know of the programmed via the forums

If you had to judge yourself and your Roleplay. What do you say you do best and what do you lack? I can say that im not that bad at RP, but i want to know what to do in situations , when to be hostile, when to be friendly(survivor)

Thanks in advance :)

Your IG Name and what are you interested in learning about (Hostile RP, Survivor RP or Hero RP)?: [My In-game name Is Lloyd Beaumont I want to learn more about Hostile RP, not too just kill everyone I come across, I wanna be able to hold people up successfully, get into conflicts with other groups of people that know the game very well so I can learn new tactics and learn what each gun sounds like, how to gage distance and direction from a gunshot and play the game how I think it should be played.]

What Timezone are you from and what time's do you usually play? [I don't know my timezone but I live in the UK and I'm available to play most days after 7pm]

How were you directed to the Mentors thread (Word to- mouth, friends, report verdict, forums)? [I saw a link for it at the bottom of the homepage]

If you had to judge yourself and your Roleplay. What do you say you do best and what do you lack? [I'm good at the initial introduction and using things I know to influence certain RP situations, the thing I'm not so good at is carrying a story and sometimes I forget to stay in character.]

Your IG Name and what are you interested in learning aboutVlad Senciuk - Survivor RP

What Timezone are you from and what time's do you usually play? :  UTC+2, I usually play from 7pm to 1-2 am

How were you directed to the Mentors thread :  I recently joined and posted in the introductions forum, pretty much everyone recommended I apply here.

If  you had to judge yourself and your Roleplay. What do you say you do best and what do you lack?: I have some experience with roleplay before, but never in english. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep a conversation interesting and will have to talk OOC a lot to not break any rules. I would like for someone to introduce me to campfire RP and what to do and not to do in common situations.

@Sirschmoopy and @Markos Your apps are been reviewed by Mentors, You should get an answer soon! With the mass suicide ban that happened, we had to fix some things in the Mentor Program. We might be a bit slower than usually.

We are still accepting apps tho so keep them coming :D

Edited by AlwaysGamer

I have opened up applications for new Mentors! Please follow the directions posted.

Would it not be best to have someone involved with the mentor system (i.e a mentor) run the mentor programme? It was Loremaster responsibility, I don't see why an uninvolved Admin would/should take over just because Staggs has sadly left. Let the mentors run it.

2 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Would it not be best to have someone involved with the mentor system (i.e a mentor) run the mentor programme? It was Loremaster responsibility, I don't see why an uninvolved Admin would/should take over just because Staggs has sadly left. Let the mentors run it.

We're doing our best to make it a fully cooperative group effort. Like @Stagsview before her, @Aiko is guiding us while we do our own thing in a sort of "overseeing" way. I suppose you could refer to her as the mentor teams' liaison. Things that we think we need she can take directly to the admin team or Rolle himself. Or things that the admins would like to see the mentors do, she can inform to us. (She is included and active in our teams' chat with us.) As long as someone somewhere is in the position to stay on top of this thread and updating it, I personally do not have a problem with who is technically "in charge" of it. :) 

Your IG Name and what are you interested in learning about (Hostile RP, Survivor RP or Hero RP)?: Sam Browne, Hero RP
What Timezone are you from and what time's do you usually play? GMT Any time from 3pm Until 10pm
How were you directed to the Mentors thread (Word to- mouth, friends, report verdict, forums)? Forums 
If you had to judge yourself and your Roleplay. What do you say you do best and what do you lack? wouldn't say im good at any rp :( but im willing to learn and i really enjoy when i get good rp but i always cant think of things to say

Edited by Realizepc

4 hours ago, Realizepc said:

-snip-

Hey there @Realizepc! I'm forwarding your application to the entire mentor team and one of us will get back to you very soon so we can start getting down to business ;) 

I've seen some great feedback about this program. Considering the fact we need to rely on all the newcomers more than ever, I'd say this mentor program is super relevant. Hei, might even want to try to become one eventually

Edited by Simatho

Just now, Simatho said:

I've seen some great feedback about this program. Considering the fact we need to rely on all the newcomers more than ever, I'd say this mentor profram is super relevant. Hei, might even want to try to become one eventually

Thank you! We're doing the best with what our highly motivated team has to offer and going at it full speed! :D Teamspeak badges should be coming soon as well to further advertise the program so it can reach even more people than before. It's always great to see a bit of feedback on our progress. Thanks again! ;)