Server time: 2017-09-22, 18:53

Buddy

Official Mentor Program [Accepting Mentee's]

Wumby    0

Hopefully hostile RP help goes deeper than

"Hey there man"

"Shut your ugly speak hole before I sow it shut and then use your intestines as Christmas decorations."

Slash    86

Glad to be a part of this.

I hope I can help some people to improve on their roleplay and hopefully create a nice experience for them!

Stagsview    617

"Hey there man"

"Shut your ugly speak home before I sow it shut and then use your intestines as Christmas decorations."

As it was talked about in the meeting, this is not something that is going to be promoted with Hostile RPers here in the mentor system. People who are selected to be mentors are people who we know in the community can pull their weight and know their stuff, not just any random person that wishes to be a mentor. But this is also not just for hostile RP but for all types of RP that DayzRP has. If you wish that the RP goes deeper than that and want to ensure it does why not volunteer yourself ;)

Wumby    0

"Hey there man"

"Shut your ugly speak home before I sow it shut and then use your intestines as Christmas decorations."

As it was talked about in the meeting, this is not something that is going to be promoted with Hostile RPers here in the mentor system. People who are selected to be mentors are people who we know in the community can pull their weight and know their stuff, not just any random person that wishes to be a mentor. But this is also not just for hostile RP but for all types of RP that DayzRP has. If you wish that the RP goes deeper than that and want to ensure it does why not volunteer yourself ;)

God damn retweet.

Goku    62

I'm a hero boys and girls. I'll help anyone.

Buddy    975

I suppose that I would fall under the hero / survivor category? c:

So pleased to see this taking off!! Great work loremasters :D

Stagsview    617

Sorry it wasn't explained in the OP of the post. The reason that we have only staff volunteer's at the moment is because first we wanted to find out who in staff wanted to help part of the foundation to the program and now we are seeing who of the community wishes to get involved with it.

Wumby    0

And I guess I'm a hero now so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont make the meme team review this. 

Also, I am sure you can apply for both if you are willing to put the time and effort in to see it done

Lankin    111

Can you apply for both?

We ask only that you Apply for one right now dude, and if needed we can add people to other areas!

Cipher    0

Can you apply for both?

We ask only that you Apply for one right now dude, and if needed we can add people to other areas!

My bad,

I meant can you apply for both being a mentor and being mentored. So I think my survivor RP is lacking but my hero RP is pretty good, can I get help and help others if that makes sense

Lankin    111

My bad,

I meant can you apply for both being a mentor and being mentored. So I think my survivor RP is lacking but my hero RP is pretty good, can I get help and help others if that makes sense

Yes, we don't have a problem with that!

AndreyQ    0

I could be a bandit, Staggs knows that I am better then average. Great idea tho, loving these new LMs tasks.

Dishes    159

"Hey there man"

It is pretty important for Hostile RP to be taught correctly though, a lot of issues can stem from it if not taught properly. I personally would be most worried about that position, though I've never seen Hebi's hostile RP but I'm sure he'll do a fine job with that ^-^

Dustin    0

I've never seen Hebi's RP period. But GL.

Joeks aside, this deal could go far, and with the right people to help new or even returning old RP'ers could give a good push in this community.

Good luck!

Hebi Kotei    333

I've never seen Hebi's hostile RP but I'm sure he'll do a fine job with that ^-^

I've never seen Hebi's RP period. But GL.

My hostile RP is something I keep on a limited basis at the moment as I have been focusing on different styles of RP recently (and my school work -_-), currently, I play a Physics PhD, hostile RP is something I want to get involved with again since I enjoyed it alot. My previous group, Nemesis, prided itself on being a refreshment in hostile RP and more specifically torture RP at the time when it was in its prime.

I won't let anyone down I promise.

Roman    0

Which one teaches ERP?

Also, will the mentors get some kind of badge on the forums?

Dishes    159

Which one teaches ERP?

I believe Terra offered in the community meeting ;) <3

Sofie    0

I thought the mentoring programme was also going to focus on mentoring people on the forums? Since I signed up for the unofficial one, that has been the only work I have done. I might not have much time to play with the people I mentor in-game, but I do have time to discuss scenarios that they most likely will find themselves in and rules they need a deeper understanding of. I guess what I'm asking is: can you be a mentor without leading them in-game?

Another thing I would like to suggest is opening up for mentor feedback the same way as staff gets it. Let people help mentors improve. You could also have some kind of reward system, where mentors who have a good reputation get some kind of ranking or symbol on this thread (could be as easy as stars behind their name). I'm sure that along with the satisfaction of helping people, this will be motivation enough.

Randle    884

I though the mentoring programme was also going to focus on mentoring people on the forums? Since I signed up for the unofficial one, that has been the only work I have done. I might not have much time to play with the people I mentor in-game, but I do have time to discuss scenarios that they most likely will find themselves in and rules they need a deeper understanding of. I guess what I'm asking is: can you be a mentor without leading them in-game?

Another thing I would like to suggest is opening up for mentor feedback the same way as staff gets it. Let people help mentors improve. You could also have some kind of reward system, where mentors who have a good reputation get some kind of ranking or symbol on this thread (could be as easy as stars behind their name). I'm sure that along with the satisfaction of helping people will be motivation enough.

I also thought the first bit, I didn't think it was going to be a solely IG thing.