Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:04

Sign in to follow this  
Major Tom

The problem with trade post executions

Major Tom    78

Today I decided to head to NEAF. I walked up to the hills, passing a winchester and a few junk piles of loot. I use binoculars to observe the airfield. I see a player! A friend!

I run down and start looting, but the player has dissapeared. I loot the barracks only to hear a friendly Scottish man say "hey buddy in the barracks, you friendly?". I inform him that I am and I go outside the barracks to see a whole pile of guns. about 10 guns with ammo and junk loot galore (loot cycling I assume) and I check the pile for ammo (I was low on ammo from last nights zombie invasion on trade post). As I loot, I hear "right now drop both your weapons and your backpack and don't turn around". Pissed off and confused, I hesitate but eventually comply. I run away to the winchester I saw earlier and try to hunt the theif down, I want my B.A.P back!

He is gone. I take some guns from the pile and head to trade post.

I am amazed at how the thief has seemingly decided to go to trade post after robbing me so soon! I get a survivor who I had helped earlier to ask him questions whilst I wait outside. I hear the thieving Scottish voice lie about not seeing anyone at NEAF. I walk in to the base and go up to him. "open British Assault Pack". That's my backpack. I sneakily open it and low and behold, my loot is inside.

I accuse him of stealing and raise my weapon. Of course, people are confused and ask me questions. Me and my survivor friend are aiming at the thief yelling "this man is a thief!".

We lower our weapons after people object, and we start talking. A man in Guerrilla Commander clothing asks me why I am accusing him of stealing

-Same clothes

-Same voice

-Has my backpack

-Same weapon

-Has my loot in backpack

I ask permission to execute, and everyone agrees. I raise my weapon, open fire and then immediately after I kill the thief, Guerrilla Commander man guns me down.

It was in my right to kill this man, people even allowed me to kill him. Even with such permission and agreement I still get shot.

I understand that if you are robbed, you are allowed to kill the thief if you see them inside trade post. I did just this, and gave warning. This is near impossible however as people will still shoot you just because you shot bullets inside TP.

What do you guys think? I think there needs to be an easier way to rightfully kill people in TP without being considered a bandit.

I lost my first ever GPS in DayZ, dammit.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

I can see your problem here and before anyone says wait until he leaves the guy was probably going to log out in there.

have you tried reporting as in my eyes that's a KoS

Major Tom    78

I can see your problem here and before anyone says wait until he leaves the guy was probably going to log out in there.

He showed no intention of complying.

I think the exact opposite. TP shoud be a sanctuary. The only people with the right to have shot you should have been the TPD and no one else...

Major Tom    78

I think the exact opposite. TP shoud be a sanctuary. The only people with the right to have shot you should have been the TPD and no one else...

So I should have just let this thief sit around with all my stuff waiting for a TPD member to log on?

I wasn't going to wait. Swift and painful justice.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

He showed no intention of complying.

yeah but the guy in the soldier skin had no right to kill you

Pickles    0

Open up a KOS report, if you mentioned this man robbed you and said you were going to shoot him because of it this guy should not have shot you. In the TP you should only really return fire if you are SURE it was KOS or if you were being fired upon.

Guest Hero   
Guest Hero

You were in the right, the guy who shot you wasn't. Make a formal report for this.

No...you had kos rights on the thief. According to the rules, you had every right.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

if you do open a KoS report please link it here as im curious of the outcome

Major Tom    78

Open up a KOS report, if you mentioned this man robbed you and said you were going to shoot him because of it this guy should not have shot you. In the TP you should only really return fire if you are SURE it was KOS or if you were being fired upon.

Could not return fire. The guy that killed me was to my side, and shot me right as I was shooting the thief.

As a member of the TPD, I can tell you it would have been simple from my end.

Victim: This guy is a thief! He robbed me at the airfield!

Me: Do you have proof?

Victim: Yes, he's wearing my backpack and it has my loot, and I recognize his clothing and voice.

Me: Shoot him if you want to, then.

It's simple. The "law of the land" in Chernarus now is that if someone robs you, you can kill them. I don't want KOS rights in the TP, but until the powers that be change it, it's legitimate. As Trade Post Defenders, all we want is the courtesy of knowing you have KOS rights on someone before carrying them out, because we might respond poorly if we think you're just randomly opening up on people.

Major Tom    78

I just got back to tradepost. My body is in the fire and is inaccessible. No loot on it anyways by the look of things ;(

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I just got back to tradepost. My body is in the fire and is inaccessible. No loot on it anyways by the look of things ;(

No NLR?

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

No NLR?

fair point but as he is did just admit to braking it, but the TP is usually the first place people head for some odd reason

No NLR?

If you're killed by a glitch or a blatant rules violation, NLR doesn't apply.

If someone just blatantly shoots you for no reason, you're allowed to return to your corpse. Of course, you need evidence that it's an illegitimate kill, too.

Oh, and before any of you think about quickly turning and KOSing your friend during a firefight so that he can come back, that doesn't work. Yes, we've had people try that before.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

i still dont understand why you dont just file a report, that guy who killed you has no KoS rights therefore should pay for his actions

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

No NLR?

fair point but as he is did just admit to braking it, but the TP is usually the first place people head for some odd reason

^^^^ And that's exactly what I'll do if I get whitelisted tommorow! For some reason it sounds exiting to be around all kind of strangers with guns, but to know that if you're a "good guy" they will not harm you! On topic now, I just wanted to see if I got the rules right as whitelisting opening comes tomorrow! In my understanding of the rules, the OP had the right to KoS since he identified the thief, but the guy that shot him after that had not right to do it. Shouldn't a "majority" system be applied to TP then? Like, since you ID'd the robber, and you got enough proof to convience the others, if more than the half guys currently in TP agree, you can punish the guy in any means you want, execution, gear stripping, hurt him, let him heal and hurt him again, whatever you wish.

No NLR?

If you're killed by a glitch or a blatant rules violation, NLR doesn't apply.

If someone just blatantly shoots you for no reason, you're allowed to return to your corpse. Of course, you need evidence that it's an illegitimate kill, too.

Oh, and before any of you think about quickly turning and KOSing your friend during a firefight so that he can come back, that doesn't work. Yes, we've had people try that before.

Oh ok, I thought NRL applied in every situation exept maybe rollbacks due to hackers( if anyone sneaks in)

Guest Haarfagr   
Guest Haarfagr

It was all a misunderstanding. I did not shoot you, but I was there. From what i could gather, from what you said, was that the guy in green clothes(You, I guess) was the guy that was the thief/robber. Bajo(T.O.R, so he tried to get this right) checked a backpack(From what i gathered, the supposedly thief), and saw that it was a SD-makarov there, which the guy that got robbed said he lost in the robbery. So the mistake is that we supposedly couldn't id you properly, didn't know who got robbed and who was the robber.

Bajo thought, that when you shot the robber(we now know who that was..), it was the robber shooting the victim.

Just my POV. Right after the two of you got killed, I got a suspision it was wrong, because of the backpacks, but yeah... Not much to do about it.

Major Tom, if you ever see us in TP again, feel free to come to us, and we will give you whatever supplies you need.

Haarfagr/Torgrim Dahl

Major Tom    78

No NLR?

Yeah I was gonna head back there anyways. Besides, I don't think it really counts as breaking NLR when I was killed for no good reason. I shouldn't have been killed, so I shouldn't have lost my loot.

BAJO    0

I admit I killed the man who was stolen from, and I apologise. I however would like to plead my case.

Firstly, we had 3 parties:

1) The guy on the left, he who I thought was the accuser

2) The guy on the right, he who I thought was the accused

3) Myself

When I asked 1)if he had evidence, he didn't provide concrete evidence, so I went in 2)'s backpack and asked 1) if he had had a pistol in his bag and he had said "no, but I was just about to put a Makarov SD in my bag", and 2) had a Makarov SD in his bag. So naturally I thought 2) was the thief, so when he opened fire on 1), I acted under the impression that the thief (2) had just killed the accuser (1).

I realise now that I was wrong, and again, I apologise. It was a mistake due to miscommunication. If you want to file a report then so be it, but just know that it was a genuine mistake.-

Major Tom    78

I admit I killed the man who was stolen from, and I apologise. I however would like to plead my case.

Firstly, we had 3 parties:

1) The guy on the left, he who I thought was the accuser

2) The guy on the right, he who I thought was the accused

3) Myself

When I asked 1)if he had evidence, he didn't provide concrete evidence, so I went in 2)'s backpack and asked 1) if he had had a pistol in his bag and he had said "no, but I was just about to put a Makarov SD in my bag", and 2) had a Makarov SD in his bag. So naturally I thought 2) was the thief, so when he opened fire on 1), I acted under the impression that the thief (2) had just killed the accuser (1).

I realise now that I was wrong, and again, I apologise. It was a mistake due to miscommunication. If you want to file a report then so be it, but just know that it was a genuine mistake.-

Thanks for being honest. I'll admit, two guys in worker clothing ready to shoot eachother can be confusing.

Also, I realized right after I said about the makarov that there were two makarov SDs in the pile of guns I found. I had put one in my backpack, and not realized it had picked up. I saw the second one still in the pile and assumed I had dropped it. Of course, if I had said this at the time it would have appeared to be bullshit.

I've already filed a report, but I'll edit it asking for you not to be banned. It was all a mistake on both ends, and we're both sorry.

My rules of RP engagement: if its not my fight, I stay out of it. If its not any of my friends, I.e. clanmates, its none of my business.

Cant kos if I follow this. Well, I can but it will lessen my chances.

Major Tom    78

Major Tom, if you ever see us in TP again, feel free to come to us, and we will give you whatever supplies you need.

Haarfagr/Torgrim Dahl

Yeah might just do that. My body was picked clean and thrown in a fire ;-;

Believe it or not, I went back to NEAF to get an AK. I succeeded, but was immediately held up again. lol!

I managed to get a weapon and I'm all well and good now, albeit a little light on loot. Smaller backpack, but not an issue. Sorry for jumping to conclusions about you being a KOS bandit or something.

Oh, mind filling me in what happened after my death? I heard Peter say "whoa what the hell?" or something like that. I'm interested in the aftermath of that little shootout.

BAJO    0

Mainly just lots of people yelling at me lol