Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:26

Sign in to follow this  
Aeryes

Lore Master Teams.

Aeryes    124

This idea came to me as I was thinking of some ways to help Miscreated grow and become more popular amongst the community. 

I was thinking that the possibility of having 2 Lore Master teams would allow one team to work solely on DayZ while the others works on Miscreated Lore. This would help out the current Lore Masters and it would give them more time to work and focus on DayZ Lore while the other team focuses on Miscreated and it's Lore.

Just a thought, maybe a stupid one but nonetheless there it is :)

I think that would be overkill. Miscreated is a side project, so it does not need tits own team. I am sure the current LMs can handle Miscreated by themselves.

I think that would be overkill. Miscreated is a side project, so it does not need tits own team. I am sure the current LMs can handle Miscreated by themselves.

This

Since its a side project, there isn't any reason to use up any of the staff team's resources making it better. If it fails, it fails

Aeryes    124

Not really because Miscreated could either be a very successful side project or it could end up a disaster. It needs work so taking on more people to help develop it's Lore might be a good idea.

Hebi Kotei    302

Not really because Mscreated could either be a very successful side project or it could end up a disaster.

If it becomes a successful side project I could agree with a dedicated LM team of 2 people, but no more, more than that is way too overkill for a side project, but as it stands now, it is a no from me.

Aeryes    124

Not really because Mscreated could either be a very successful side project or it could end up a disaster.

If it becomes a successful side project I could agree with a dedicated LM team of 2 people, but no more, more than that is way too overkill for a side project, but as it stands now, it is a no.

How do you expect it to become a successful side project if no work is put into it?

How do you expect it to become a successful side project if no work is put into it?

The current LMs are working on Miscreated: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Loremaster-Announcements

If and only if it becomes a successful project, only then I could see some people being brought in to help.

Miscreated had a great following of streamers and youtubers for a while. There were also some fairly successful roleplay communities centered around Miscreated. As far as I know they have all died. Maybe some advertising on social media would gather those interested in solely a Miscreated roleplay server can be found? I know they are out there. But yet the advertising of the community has died as well.

Aeryes    124

The current LMs are working on Miscreated: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Loremaster-Announcements

If and only if it becomes a successful project, only then I could see some people being brought in to help.

As far as I have seen with "We are working on it" posts the stuff usually never happens. As I said before nothing ever becomes successful without hard wrk and that goes for the Miscreated part of this community.

Hagger    117

We are still DayZRP so DayZ will always be prioritized above side projects.

Loremasters have their hands full with other projects and they'll work on Miscreated when they have spare time. If Miscreated proves to be successful and people will play it, I'm sure it will get more attention. But for now, I don't think it is worth while sacrificing work hours into it.

Phoenix    1057

Miscreated is shit, so no thanks <3

As far as I have seen with "We are working on it" posts the stuff usually never happens. As I said before nothing ever becomes successful without hard wrk and that goes for the Miscreated part of this community.

True, however, our main priority is DayZ. That is the game the community is based on. Miscreated is nothing but a side project, there will never be hard work put into it, just some work.

Aeryes    124

Loremasters have their hands full with other projects and they'll work on Miscreated when they have spare time. If Miscreated proves to be successful and people will play it, I'm sure it will get more attention. But for now, I don't think it is worth while sacrificing work hours to it.

Then why make a side project if you are not willing to work on it. It will not be successful without hard work.

Thanks for your contribution. Your post really helped me learn more about why this would be a bad idea. I am so thankful to have a dedicated and devoted player like you who can make detailed and related posts on threads like these. Hopefully your wisdom will allow us to all be a little more like you when it comes to posting. Thank you so much for this amazing post and I really hope to see more detailed and wisdom filled posts from you in the future. None of this was sarcastic.

Phoenix    1057

Thanks for your contribution. Your post really helped me learn more about why this would be a bad idea. I am so thankful to have a dedicated and devoted player like you who can make detailed and related posts on threads like these. Hopefully your wisdom will allow us to all be a little more like you when it comes to posting. Thank you so much for this amazing post and I really hope to see more detailed and wisdom filled posts from you in the future. None of this was sarcastic.

You're very welcome. You did ask if it was a good Idea or not, I said No. :)

Hagger    117

Loremasters have their hands full with other projects and they'll work on Miscreated when they have spare time. If Miscreated proves to be successful and people will play it, I'm sure it will get more attention. But for now, I don't think it is worth while sacrificing work hours to it.

Then why make a side project if you are not willing to work on it. It will not be successful without hard work.

Side projects are side projects for a reason, if people show interest there will be more effort put into them. There are many other more important things that need work first.

Also the history has shown that side projects get quickly forgotten despite the huge initial hype. Let's see how much people will still be playing after a few months. It would suck if all that hard work would be for nothing.

Also the history has shown that side projects get quickly forgotten despite the huge initial hype. Let's see how much people will still be playing after a few months. It would suck if all that hard work would be for nothing.

Chicken and Egg discussion? Do side projects fail because of no support, or just because the game is not popular enough? So far the only thing which all side projects have in common is the lack of support and their failing in the end. I'd argue that maybe just once, do it the other way around and spend time and resources on it, it might succeed then instead of failing like other projects before it....

William    398

Maybe when miscreated gains more popularity, even then it might be too much

Hagger    117

Chicken and Egg discussion? Do side projects fail because of no support, or just because the game is not popular enough? So far the only thing which all side projects have in common is the lack of support and their failing in the end. I'd argue that maybe just once, do it the other way around and spend time and resources on it, it might succeed then instead of failing like other projects before it....

Nothing stops players from writing lore or making rule suggestions. The staff team will appreciate all the help that is available.

I can't see any problem that bunch of community members come up with a lore, polish it and present it to current loremaster team. If it is good and realistic, I'm pretty sure it could be accepted as official lore for Miscreated.

Aeryes    124

Lol I know Im just messing around xD

Side projects are side projects for a reason, if people show interest there will be more effort put into them. There are many other more important things that need work first.

I agree with what you say here but at the same time people will not keep playing if there is nothing to develop from. The reason people enjoy DayZRP is for many reasons but one s certainly because theres a huge backstory to work of.

Phoenix    1057

I don't actually believe you were "just messing around" because if so, you definitely forgot to add a troll face or something that indicates you are not completely serious. But hey, whatever makes you happy I guess!

Aeryes    124

I don't actually believe you were "just messing around" because if so, you definitely forgot to add a troll face or something that indicates you are not completely serious. But hey, whatever makes you happy I guess!

Damn... you really overthink things !! :') 

100x100http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1287666826226.png[/img]    is this better ? 

Now back on topic !!

Jango    29

Yeah, I feel like we need to work on the issues and our Lore with DayZRP before we could even notion the idea of really working on Miscreated. It looks graphically beautiful but most people play DayZ SA so I'd rather LM's work on it and help progressing the Lore. Than to divide our Manpower on something else while we still need some patchwork on our main game

Dishes    159

We don't need multiple teams of staff for every different little side project that pops up. As history has shown anyway, they never last long anyways and it would be a waste of time. I don't know if you noticed, but almost every single time I look at the server population for our miscreated server, it's at zero, so this would just be a lot of unnecessary work.

Our Loremasters just need to focus on DayZRP.