Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:40

Sign in to follow this  
Nihoolious

Map Questions

Question

Nihoolious    1106

Couldn't find a thread to post this on already so I'll just make a new one.

All but one of the areas on the map are marked by people who no longer own an official group thread, the requirement for posting it in the first place. Does this mean the area can stay forever afterwards or is the marked area supposed to be removed when the creator is no longer host of an official group thread? I was unsure about this because the Prometheus marker was removed when Mordecai was perma'd but the other ones stayed.

Also are any of the suggested changes to the map seen in a thread a while ago being considered? This includes removing unnecessary markers, filtering between markers from past groups and present, etc.

Thanks

9 answers to this question

I would say things of decent significance should stay, but it would lead to clutter IMO.

I was very happy to see the Tower marker was accepted. Despite NFC no longer being a group, it just being there helps assert that there are people who live there, and there is a history to the place that continues to be made.

Especially since the Tower has been a focal point of our roleplay since the group ended, with most of that time spent without a CP to have a more 'legitimate' claim on the area.

So, I'd agree that things of significance deserve to outlive the groups that spawned them, with what stays and goes going through a constant pick-and-choose. It's a small way to tell our server's story and history.

Oliv    1552

I haven't honestly looked at the map for a while, but I am a firm believer that some locations should stay as they are significant to RP, regardless if the group is no longer active.

In regards to the suggestion thread you are referring to, I'm not sure which thread that is at the moment, so I can't comment.

I think A drop down menu or something that shows past groups and how they lost the territory or the wars and events that led to the territory being lost would be awesome. Like a timeline for each town or something.

Eagle    343

Markers are meant for everyone and do not get removed unless they're requested  or Admins see the need for it, moving on to the areas such as the north part of  the map those only get removed if the party that controls the area losses that control or the group gets archived.

Do these responses Answer your Question?

Nihoolious    1106

Markers are meant for everyone and do not get removed unless they're requested  or Admins see the need for it, moving on to the areas such as the north part of  the map those only get removed if the party that controls the area losses that control or the group gets archived.

Do these responses Answer your Question?

Considering both Blackwood and Enceladus have been archived and I'd assume they have lost that territory since then, wouldn't that warrant removing their area markers?

Oliv    1552

If they no longer have control of the area, then you are right. In all honesty, we probably just didn't notice.