Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:38

Sign in to follow this  
Jayplay95

More and more people become bandits

Jayplay95    0

Hello community !

Since I got killed several times after a few seconds for no good reason like holding a gun or walking around in Cherno I somehow got the feeling that in normal DayZ most people are searching for people to kill while in DayZRP most people are searching for reasons to kill.

How is your feeling about that ?

Flame    0

Hey.

I can't say much about what the banditry situation is like as I just started to play yesterday, but to me something that would sort that out would be a form of bounty board system that can be put onto the forums in a separate section which has to go through the admins first.

For example, you are wanting to put a bounty on someone, you have to list a valid reason why and of course explain in the post to the admin proving that hostile action was intiated and the time, etc and then you list the item(s) you're willing to give as a reward which would be given at the TP (with proof of course, but I think providing proof would be a bit hard unless someone could think of a work around asking them to bring them alive would be much easier than dead though). The only problem would be figuring out a way to make it so that it is anonymous but of course show who wants the bounty for the bounty hunter.

The admins then review that and decide whether or not the bounty is justified and put it up on the bounty forums for all to see. If the bounty has been successfully collected then they can't close the thread or whatever.

Just a little thought, it would need a lot of polishing and ideas etc to make it work. But overall I think it would help out with the banditry situation but also give more to the RP side as well.

Hey.

I can't say much about what the banditry situation is like as I just started to play yesterday, but to me something that would sort that out would be a form of bounty board system that can be put onto the forums in a separate section which has to go through the admins first.

For example, you are wanting to put a bounty on someone, you have to list a valid reason why and of course explain in the post to the admin proving that hostile action was intiated and the time, etc and then you list the item(s) you're willing to give as a reward which would be given at the TP (with proof of course, but I think providing proof would be a bit hard unless someone could think of a work around asking them to bring them alive would be much easier than dead though). The only problem would be figuring out a way to make it so that it is anonymous but of course show who wants the bounty for the bounty hunter.

The admins then review that and decide whether or not the bounty is justified and put it up on the bounty forums for all to see. If the bounty has been successfully collected then they can't close the thread or whatever.

Just a little thought, it would need a lot of polishing and ideas etc to make it work. But overall I think it would help out with the banditry situation but also give more to the RP side as well.

//IC So you're trying to us out of business??

Flame    0

Hey.

So you're trying to us out of business??

I'm assuming you're in a mercenary clan here. You don't have to be in a mercenary clan to ATTEMPT to collect a bounty on someone's head as far as I know, that just isn't fair on those that are just a group of friends trying to make their way in Chernarus by any means they can be that taking a bounty hostage and collecting the reward or just doing odd jobs for people but then find that you can't do that as there is a "dedicated clan" that is the only means of being able to attempt to collect a bounty, that doesn't seem fair to me. =)

And this isn't about "putting people out of business", it's to help reduce the amount of banditry acts for whatever reason they are on the rise for.

Not only would this tie in with the RP side of things but it is an idea to help combat actual banditry so that those characters may think to change their ways due to the fact that there is a most wanted board as such in which people maybe be out to look for them... it might not necessarily mean that they will pack it in all together, it may just mean that they can RP with it more if you know what I mean. Also, bounties are practically a big RP aspect of the game from videos I have seen so what's wrong with trying to make it a bit more official to add a bit more depth to the game?

Jayplay95    0

Actually I wasn't complaining about bandits in general but I don't like how banditry acts are working at the moment, because there is more or less no role-play when people come to you see your nice gun and aren't whilling to communicate and just tell you to drop it in 2 seconds or they will shoot, 'cuz according to the situation of zombie-apocalypse people are way to much acting like PVP.