Server time: 2017-10-18, 15:07
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
siebenmeister

Put Report Posting Rules into the Rules or Newcomers Guide

Recently i was in a situation where someone did bad roleplay and shot me to death in between 2 seconds.

I wanted to report him, but then i read the "Report Posting Rules".

Im very new to this community and i cant find anything in the Newcomers Guide or in the Rules which describes the need of a clear evidence like a video.

May you can put a hint in the rules where you advise all players to records videos in hostile situation?

WilliAM    431

You can still report someone without video evidence, but there's a very good chance that it could be a word vs word verdict, in fact almost certain. However it's a good idea having a recording software in the background during hostile encounters. Due to many recording softwares harming the frames you get, it shouldn't be required for reports.

Rampage    0

Having video evidence is always recommended especially in cases involving trolling, badrp, and in some cases rdm. We do have logs for kills, hits and chat logs so in cases of Kos, rdm, bad rp via chat logs, people going ooc and even combat logging, logs and a few povs can work as well. If you feel a rule is broken feel free to post a report. Sometimes a person who was involved directly or indirectly may have a recording or can back up your point of view.

Bran    0

The thing about this is that you make it seem like its hard to get video evidence. I can understand that if your computer isn't quite up to date and can't really run DayZ well but there's plenty of Shadow Recorders that work well for reports.

There are two major ones at the minute. Shadowplay and PlaysTV. Shadowplay is exclusive to people who have Geforce hardware or more specific, the GPU and thus isn't widely used but PlaysTV can be downloaded just like any other recording software and its free too so that's a bonus.

PlaysTV also has the bonus of recording your whole game session if that's what you want it to do. As there tends to be more than a few rule breaks on DayZRP and you can't anticipate when someone breaks a rule, its always nice to have one of these recorders in the background just in case you are put in one of the positions as to where you need video evidence

Terra    1449

We cannot just ban someone based on your word - Of course we need evidence. We have hit/kill/chat/- & connections logs. That often is helpfull but also cannot prevent situations where someone tells a story and the accused person says otherwise. We dont automaticially believe what the OP of a report says. Thats unfair. We dont take one word over another.

Melvin    84

Often, if your computer can not handle the software, I recommend going with someone who can. Otherwise, try your luck anyway. Often, the guy fucks up and incriminate himself. People have been permanently banned for forging and lying and withholding evidence so it's always there like a cloud. Just my two cents. :)

Well, i just suggested you to put a hint into the rules "that having a recording of a rule break is a good thing".

Of course its common sense but i havent considered to come into this situation so fast.

We cannot just ban someone based on your word - Of course we need evidence. We have hit/kill/chat/- & connections logs. That often is helpfull but also cannot prevent situations where someone tells a story and the accused person says otherwise. We dont automaticially believe what the OP of a report says. Thats unfair. We dont take one word over another.

Thats exactly the point. In some situations its word vs word and it would be one-sided if the staffs make a decision for a bann cause they believe one word more then the other. Finally its senseless to report someone without a video evidence where the only evidence is the own POV.